OS_Process

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OS_Process

French, Shelane
In setting up our new server, Lasso 8.6.3 on RHEL 6.5, I am getting this
message for OS_Process:


                                        OS_Process: The OS Process tags module is not installed.


However, I had followed all installation instructions: OS_Process.so file
is copied to the LassoModules directory at the highest level and the Lasso
service was restarted. There is an OS Process Users group and a user for
that group. I made sure that Lasso has file permissions on the module.

What am I missing?



Shelane French
Workforce Enablement
Livermore Information Technology


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OS_Process

Jolle Carlestam-2
> 18 nov 2015 kl. 18:23 skrev French, Shelane <[hidden email]>:
>
> What am I missing?

Lasso9…?
Summer, a dog, money?

HDB
Jolle

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OS_Process

Richard Taubo
Hi!

> Nov 18, 2015 kl. 6:34 PM skrev Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]>:
>
>> 18 nov 2015 kl. 18:23 skrev French, Shelane <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> What am I missing?
>
> Lasso9…?
> Summer, a dog, money?

I am sure there are a tad more technical answers out there? :-)

Maybe this thread can help you out, and maybe this message specifically:
        http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Execute-shell-tp3155886p3155888.html


Best regards,
Richard Taubo




#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OS_Process

French, Shelane
In reply to this post by French, Shelane
So to test a theory, I delete the group that is "automatically created" on
first run of the server when the OS_Process.so file is installed in the
LassoModules folder. I restarted the service and the group re-appeared.
Which tells me that Lasso saw it in order to create the security group.
However, attempting to use any custom tag created that uses OS_Process
still gets the not installed message.



Shelane French
Workforce Enablement
Livermore Information Technology




On 11/18/15, 9:23 AM, "[hidden email] on behalf of
French, Shelane" <[hidden email] on behalf of
[hidden email]> wrote:

>In setting up our new server, Lasso 8.6.3 on RHEL 6.5, I am getting this
>message for OS_Process:
>
>
> OS_Process: The OS Process tags module is not installed.
>
>
>However, I had followed all installation instructions: OS_Process.so file
>is copied to the LassoModules directory at the highest level and the Lasso
>service was restarted. There is an OS Process Users group and a user for
>that group. I made sure that Lasso has file permissions on the module.
>
>What am I missing?
>
>
>
>Shelane French
>Workforce Enablement
>Livermore Information Technology
>
>
>#############################################################
>
>This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OS_Process

French, Shelane
Here's why the OS_Process.so <http://os_process.so/> doesn't load:
[11/23/15 11:54:21][2] Error from dlopen: /usr/local/Lasso Professional
8/LassoSites/BE-2/../../LassoModules/OS_Process.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS32


We are on a 64 bit system.

This page:
http://www.lassosoft.com/Versions

says:

* Lasso Professional 8.6 will run as a 32-bit process on these 64-bit
systems.


Is there something that needs to be done to get that module to run?

Shelane French
Workforce Enablement
Livermore Information Technology




On 11/23/15, 8:38 AM, "[hidden email] on behalf of
French, Shelane" <[hidden email] on behalf of
[hidden email]> wrote:

>So to test a theory, I delete the group that is "automatically created" on
>first run of the server when the OS_Process.so file is installed in the
>LassoModules folder. I restarted the service and the group re-appeared.
>Which tells me that Lasso saw it in order to create the security group.
>However, attempting to use any custom tag created that uses OS_Process
>still gets the not installed message.
>
>
>
>Shelane French
>Workforce Enablement
>Livermore Information Technology
>
>
>
>
>On 11/18/15, 9:23 AM, "[hidden email] on behalf of
>French, Shelane" <[hidden email] on behalf of
>[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>In setting up our new server, Lasso 8.6.3 on RHEL 6.5, I am getting this
>>message for OS_Process:
>>
>>
>> OS_Process: The OS Process tags module is not installed.
>>
>>
>>However, I had followed all installation instructions: OS_Process.so file
>>is copied to the LassoModules directory at the highest level and the
>>Lasso
>>service was restarted. There is an OS Process Users group and a user for
>>that group. I made sure that Lasso has file permissions on the module.
>>
>>What am I missing?
>>
>>
>>
>>Shelane French
>>Workforce Enablement
>>Livermore Information Technology
>>
>>
>>#############################################################
>>
>>This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>>Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>>To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>>Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
>
>#############################################################
>
>This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>