ODBC connection to SAP DB

Marc Vos-3
Hi all,

Does anyone have Lasso pointing to a SAP DB host? I can't get it to
work properly.

Thanks,
-Marc Vos

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany GmbH
Private:  http://marc.vos.net/
iChat/AIM : mhevos

Re: ODBC connection to SAP DB

Olivier Miossec
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have Lasso pointing to a SAP DB host? I can't get it to
> work properly.
>
> Thanks,
> -Marc Vos

What kind of error did you get ?
It seem to work with JDBC may be a configuration error

---
Olivier Miossec
AIM/ichat omiossec
--
http://www.lasso-developpeur.net

Re: ODBC connection to SAP DB

Marc Vos-3
Hi Olivier,

The connect works, Lasso just can't find any databases. With tools
like SQL Studio and Foxy SQL free or MS-Access, there's no problem.

I installed  the JDBC driver (downloaded it today), but that doesn't
help either. Also no databases found on the host.

- -
Marc

On 07-sep-2006, at 16:58, Olivier Miossec wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone have Lasso pointing to a SAP DB host? I can't get it to
>> work properly.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Marc Vos
>
> What kind of error did you get ?
> It seem to work with JDBC may be a configuration error
>

> ---
> Olivier Miossec
> AIM/ichat omiossec
> --
> http://www.lasso-developpeur.net
> --
> Need a Lasso consultant ?
> (Lasso, Java, MySql, Sql Server Consultant ...)
> http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/lasso-lab/

Re: ODBC connection to SAP DB

Olivier Miossec
> Hi Olivier,
>
> The connect works, Lasso just can't find any databases. With tools
> like SQL Studio and Foxy SQL free or MS-Access, there's no problem.
>
> I installed  the JDBC driver (downloaded it today), but that doesn't
> help either. Also no databases found on the host.

When you try to connect to the SAP-DB with access with the same parameters
do you have any error ?

---
Olivier Miossec
AIM/ichat omiossec
--
http://www.lasso-developpeur.net
--
Need a Lasso consultant ?
(Lasso, Java, MySql, Sql Server Consultant ...)
http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/lasso-lab/

Re: ODBC connection to SAP DB

Marc Vos-3
Olivier,

I'll reply tomorrow. have to go.

Regards,
-Marc Vos

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On 07-sep-2006, at 18:07, Olivier Miossec wrote:

>> Hi Olivier,
>>
>> The connect works, Lasso just can't find any databases. With tools
>> like SQL Studio and Foxy SQL free or MS-Access, there's no problem.
>>
>> I installed  the JDBC driver (downloaded it today), but that doesn't
>> help either. Also no databases found on the host.
>>
> When you try to connect to the SAP-DB with access with the same
> parameters
> do you have any error ?
>

> ---
> Olivier Miossec
> AIM/ichat omiossec
> --
> http://www.lasso-developpeur.net
> --
> Need a Lasso consultant ?
> (Lasso, Java, MySql, Sql Server Consultant ...)
> http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/lasso-lab/

Can't Connect to Lasso Admin with Apache Realm in Place

Diane Houdek
Mac XServe OS 10.4.7, Lasso 8.1, Apache 1.3, brand new clean install.  I set up an Apache realm to protect the website at the root of the webserver.  All the pages serve just fine after entering the realm credentials, but when I try to access the Lasso Admin site I get a 401 authorization error after I enter both the realm credentials and the lasso admin credentials. This happens using the server name, 127.0.0.1 and localhost on the machine itself.  Of course I can't access the site from another machine either using the server domain. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Diane Houdek

Re: Can't Connect to Lasso Admin with Apache Realm in Place

James Harvard
At 1:31 pm -0500 7/9/06, Diane Houdek wrote:
>I set up an Apache realm to protect the website at the root of the webserver.  All the pages serve just fine after entering the realm credentials, but when I try to access the Lasso Admin site I get a 401 authorization error after I enter both the realm credentials and the lasso admin credentials.

Lasso admin is protected by the same authentication method as Apache realms, so unless both require the same username/password combination then what is correct for one will always be wrong for the other.

You could probably exclude LassoApps from the realms requirement in your Apache config, but don't ask me how!

HTH & good luck,
James Harvard

if/then scope confusion...

Steve Upton

did something change between Lasso 7.x and 8.5.x in regards to scope?

Here's something that surprised me:

I have a region of Lassoscript code with an If/Else statement:

[
   some lasso code;

   if: variable == condition;

       stuff;

   else:

       var:'thing' = (newThing: $params);

   /if;
]

then later in the page I do a:

[$thing->display]

and Lasso has not idea what a $thing is!

I have checked that it is created OK, etc and if I comment all the above code out so I only have the 'var' statement then it works fine...

HUH? If I put things in an If/Else block I suddenly can't see them outside of that scope? I don't recall seeing this in Lasso 7 & earlier...

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Steve Upton

Re: if/then scope confusion...

Greg Willits-2
On Sep 7, 2006, at 11:59 AM, Steve Upton wrote:

>    some lasso code;
>    if: variable == condition;
>        stuff;
>    else:
>        var:'thing' = (newThing: $params);
>    /if;
> then later in the page I do a:
> [$thing->display]
> and Lasso has not idea what a $thing is!

You need to do this:

>    some lasso code;
>    var:'thing' = null; // or whatever type makes sense
>    if: variable == condition;
>        stuff;
>    else:
>        $thing = (newThing: $params);
>    /if;

That hasn't changed in any version.

In your original version var:'thing' may never get processed, and the
error you saw is expected.

-- gw

Re: if/then scope confusion...

Alan Linnenbank
In youre example you write:

else: <-colon

wich should be

else; <-semi-colon

Maybe thats your problem?

Alan

On donderdag, 7 september 2006 21:15, Greg Willits <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Sep 7, 2006, at 11:59 AM, Steve Upton wrote:
>
>>    some lasso code;
>>    if: variable == condition;
>>        stuff;
>>    else:
>>        var:'thing' = (newThing: $params);
>>    /if;
>> then later in the page I do a:
>> [$thing->display]
>> and Lasso has not idea what a $thing is!
>

>You need to do this:
>
>>    some lasso code;
>>    var:'thing' = null; // or whatever type makes sense
>>    if: variable == condition;
>>        stuff;
>>    else:
>>        $thing = (newThing: $params);
>>    /if;
>
>That hasn't changed in any version.
>
>In your original version var:'thing' may never get processed, and the
>error you saw is expected.
>
>-- gw

Re: ODBC connection to SAP DB

Bobb Menk

I've recently been through a painful attempt to solve
this problem. Here's what worked for me (mostly - I'm
still having a few jdbc issues though):

Setting the jdbc connector driver class to
"jdbc 1.0 (oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver)"

and then set the connection URL field for the host so
it looks like this:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@//hostname:port/DBNAME

Once Lasso can see the host properly, you should be
able to see the schemas in the host detail drop down.

There's also a file called jdbclog.txt in the
OmniPilot \Lasso Professional 8\ directory (which is
wherever Lasso gets installed in the directory tree).

Bobb Menk

--- Marc Vos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Olivier,
>
> I'll reply tomorrow. have to go.
>
> Regards,
> -Marc Vos
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany GmbH
> Private:  http://marc.vos.net/
> iChat/AIM : mhevos
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>

> On 07-sep-2006, at 18:07, Olivier Miossec wrote:
>
> >> Hi Olivier,
> >>
> >> The connect works, Lasso just can't find any
> databases. With tools
> >> like SQL Studio and Foxy SQL free or MS-Access,
> there's no problem.
> >>
> >> I installed  the JDBC driver (downloaded it
> today), but that doesn't
> >> help either. Also no databases found on the host.
> >>
> > When you try to connect to the SAP-DB with access
> with the same
> > parameters
> > do you have any error ?
> >

> > ---
> > Olivier Miossec
> > AIM/ichat omiossec
> > --
> > http://www.lasso-developpeur.net
> > --
> > Need a Lasso consultant ?
> > (Lasso, Java, MySql, Sql Server Consultant ...)
> > http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/lasso-lab/

Re: if/then scope confusion...

Steve Upton
At 9:53 PM +0200 9/7/06, Alan Linnenbank wrote:
>In youre example you write:
>
>else: <-colon
>
>wich should be
>
>else; <-semi-colon
>
>Maybe thats your problem?

Ha!

That was it. I am moving to the Lassoscript way of doing things and I guess I just left the colon in there...

wacked. thanks Alan (and Greg)

Regards,

Steve

Re: Can't Connect to Lasso Admin with Apache Realm in Place

Diane Houdek
Thanks James, I fixed that problem by adding the lasso user, so now I can get into Lasso Admin.  However all of a sudden now I can't get any of the lasso pages to work.  Nothing that uses lasso code to display data from the databases is displaying anything.  Very frustrating - it's like the lasso handler is being ignored - grr...

Diane

>>> James Harvard <[hidden email]> 09/07/06 1:45 PM >>>
At 1:31 pm - 0500 7/9/06, Diane Houdek wrote:
>I set up an Apache realm to protect the website at the root of the webserver.  All the pages serve just fine after entering the realm credentials, but when I try to access the Lasso Admin site I get a 401 authorization error after I enter both the realm credentials and the lasso admin credentials.

Lasso admin is protected by the same authentication method as Apache realms, so unless both require the same username/password combination then what is correct for one will always be wrong for the other.

You could probably exclude LassoApps from the realms requirement in your Apache config, but don't ask me how!

HTH & good luck,
James Harvard

Re: Can't Connect to Lasso Admin with Apache Realm in Place

JP-14
Diane

The database server also needs the same lasso username and password
added so that the lasso service can get authenticated by the database
server.  I suspect the database server is denying the query/read
requests from Lasso.

jp

On Sep 7, 2006, at 7:45 PM, Diane Houdek wrote:

> Thanks James, I fixed that problem by adding the lasso user, so now
> I can get into Lasso Admin.  However all of a sudden now I can't
> get any of the lasso pages to work.  Nothing that uses lasso code
> to display data from the databases is displaying anything.  Very
> frustrating - it's like the lasso handler is being ignored - grr...
>
> Diane

> At 1:31 pm - 0500 7/9/06, Diane Houdek wrote:
>> I set up an Apache realm to protect the website at the root of the
>> webserver.  All the pages serve just fine after entering the realm
>> credentials, but when I try to access the Lasso Admin site I get a
>> 401 authorization error after I enter both the realm credentials
>> and the lasso admin credentials.
>
> Lasso admin is protected by the same authentication method as
> Apache realms, so unless both require the same username/password
> combination then what is correct for one will always be wrong for
> the other.
>
> You could probably exclude LassoApps from the realms requirement in
> your Apache config, but don't ask me how!
>
> HTH & good luck,
> James Harvard

Re: ODBC connection to SAP DB

Marc Vos-3
Hi Bobb,

I must say that i'm not sure what you mean. I installed a SAP DB ODBC
driver and a SAP DB (MAX DB) JDBC driver. The JDBC driver shows up in
Lasso (8.5.1) as com.sap.dbtech.jdbcext

I the JDBC settings, i can nowhere specify a database. Lasso tries to
find some and gives the following warning:

        Warning - Lasso does not see any databases on this host. This
usually means .... etc.

I get the same warning from the ODBC driver, although the database
name is specified in the datasource.

Regards,
-Marc Vos

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On 07-sep-2006, at 22:33, Bobb Menk wrote:

> Marc
>
> I've recently been through a painful attempt to solve
> this problem. Here's what worked for me (mostly - I'm
> still having a few jdbc issues though):
>
> Setting the jdbc connector driver class to
> "jdbc 1.0 (oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver)"
>
> and then set the connection URL field for the host so
> it looks like this:
>
> jdbc:oracle:thin:@//hostname:port/DBNAME
>
> Once Lasso can see the host properly, you should be
> able to see the schemas in the host detail drop down.
>
> There's also a file called jdbclog.txt in the
> OmniPilot \Lasso Professional 8\ directory (which is
> wherever Lasso gets installed in the directory tree).
>
> Bobb Menk
>
> --- Marc Vos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Olivier,
>>
>> I'll reply tomorrow. have to go.
>>
>> Regards,
>> -Marc Vos
>>
>> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>> Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany GmbH
>> Private:  http://marc.vos.net/
>> iChat/AIM : mhevos
>> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

>> databases. With tools
>> there's no problem.

>> today), but that doesn't
>>>>
>>> When you try to connect to the SAP-DB with access
>> with the same
>>> parameters
>>> do you have any error ?
>>>

>>> ---
>>> Olivier Miossec
>>> AIM/ichat omiossec
>>> --
>>> http://www.lasso-developpeur.net
>>> --
>>> Need a Lasso consultant ?
>>> (Lasso, Java, MySql, Sql Server Consultant ...)
>>> http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/lasso-lab/

Re: ODBC connection to SAP DB

Marc Vos-3
The 'good' thing is that when I address the SAP DB ODBC datasource
directly from within an inline, it works:

<?lassoscript

inline:
        -findall,
        -host = array(-datasource='odbc',
                -name = 'SYSTEM-DSN-DATASOURCE-NAME',
                -username = 'YOUR-USERNAME',
                -password = 'YOUR-PASSWORD'),
        -database = 'SAME-AS-IN-DATASOURCE',
        -table = 'USERNAME-OF-DB-OWNER.TABLE-NAME';

'<p>';found_count;'</p>';
'<p>';records_map;'</p>';

/inline;
?>

And updates work too. Since it concerns only 3 tables of a third-
party product and the above works, i don't care anymore if i can
configure the SAP DB host in SiteAdmin. I'll create a custom tag to
load at startup which has the ODBC connection

Thanks for your help,

-Marc Vos

Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany GmbH
Private:  http://marc.vos.net/
iChat/AIM : mhevos

Re: Can't Connect to Lasso Admin with Apache Realm in Place

Diane Houdek
Actually all the problems disappeared, and now it doesn't care which user I log in with using the Apache realm.  It now allows me to enter the Lasso Admin authentication credentials following the Apache realm prompt and I can use the lasso admin site just fine and all my .lasso pages display properly too. The only thing I did was change the database connection from 127.0.0.1 to the machine's IP address. Go figure!

Diane