New JSON API - Lasso 9 Reference

Jonathan Guthrie-3
Hi all,

As part of the Lasso 9 Mobile Reference project, we developed a REST / JSON API to access this data.
It's the first of a few we're planning to publish, as part of our drive to encourage lateral development and innovation with Lasso :)

The docs are at:
http://api.lassoref.com/lasso9/LassoReferenceApi/docs

Enjoy!

Jono

----------------------------
Jonathan Guthrie
[hidden email]
@iamjono
LassoSoft Inc.
AIM Chatroom: lassochat
IRC/freenode #lasso

Re: New JSON API - Lasso 9 Reference

Jolle Carlestam-3
Nice!

Now all I have to do is come up with how to make use of it. Would be cool if we could somehow integrate it with our internal wiki system. Hm...

15 mar 2013 kl. 04:08 skrev Jonathan Guthrie <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> As part of the Lasso 9 Mobile Reference project, we developed a REST / JSON API to access this data.
> It's the first of a few we're planning to publish, as part of our drive to encourage lateral development and innovation with Lasso :)
>
> The docs are at:
> http://api.lassoref.com/lasso9/LassoReferenceApi/docs

Re: New JSON API - Lasso 9 Reference

Richard Taubo
Hi!

On 15. mars 2013, at 04:08, Jonathan Guthrie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As part of the Lasso 9 Mobile Reference project, we developed a REST / JSON API to access this data.
> It's the first of a few we're planning to publish, as part of our drive to encourage lateral development and innovation with Lasso :)
>
> The docs are at:
> http://api.lassoref.com/lasso9/LassoReferenceApi/docs

Looking good, congratulations! :-)

I was spending some time looking for RESTful information a few weeks back,
and saw that there is a new book coming out pretty soon that covers "RESTful Web APIs":
        http://www.amazon.com/RESTful-Web-APIs-Leonard-Richardson/dp/1449358063

They seem to be going trough quite a few frameworks in the book:
        http://www.crummy.com/2013/02/12/1

On the list you find one framework that is created by one of the authors: Mike Amundsen.
The framework is called:  "Collection+JSON - Hypermedia Type" and seems to be a solid
way to create a RESTful API:
        http://amundsen.com/media-types/collection/

I don't know if this framework -- among all the others referenced on
http://www.crummy.com/2013/02/12/1 -- is one that will come out as "on of the
winners" community wise, but from the little I have looked into it I think it would
be wise to base the Lasso RESTful API on something that has lots of thought
and experience behind it, and that is pretty standardized. That will make the creation
of a new Lasso RESTful API easier as well.
Just a thought . . .

As referenced on http://amundsen.com/media-types/collection/ and just added
for completeness, here are a few links that talks about the format, examples and tutorial
concerning the "Collection+JSON - Hypermedia Type":

Format:
http://amundsen.com/media-types/collection/format/

Examples:
http://amundsen.com/media-types/collection/examples/