Nested Libraries

Mr. Bret Williams
I'm trying to group my ctags into folders via their namespace, as
referred to in the docs. But, I can't get it to work.

If my namespace is nCtag_ and the tag is called nCtag_UniqueID, how
would I nest that?

I've tried creating a folder in LassoLibraries called nCtag_ with
nCtag_UniqueID.lasso within it and the tag defined as:

UniqueID,
-namespace = 'nCtag_';

But, that doesn't seem to work.

Ideas?

Bret Williams
Novusweb

www.Novusweb.com

760.942.3773 voice
866.668.8793 toll-free

Re: Nested Libraries

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
> I'm trying to group my ctags into folders via their namespace, as
> referred to in the docs. But, I can't get it to work.
>
> If my namespace is nCtag_ and the tag is called nCtag_UniqueID, how
> would I nest that?
>
> I've tried creating a folder in LassoLibraries called nCtag_ with
> nCtag_UniqueID.lasso within it and the tag defined as:
>
> UniqueID,
> -namespace = 'nCtag_';
>
> But, that doesn't seem to work.

You want to name the folder "nCtag" without the underscore.

The names of the files within the folder can be anything you want.  When
Lasso loads the namespace "nCtag" it will load all the files within the
folder.  Also, I wouldn't recommend having both a file and a folder for
the same namespace.

Director of Product Development       http://www.lassostudio.com
LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: Nested Libraries

Mr. Bret Williams
Sorry, Fletcher, but I'm still having problems with this:

Question: If this is put into the LassoLibraries folder, does that
mean that it is immediately available for use, or do I have to re-
start Lasso?

Within the LassoLibraries folder:

-- If my Custom Tag is called nCtag_UniqueID (and I have others,
similarly named, nCtag_Phone, nCtag_Calendar, etc.), then

1. You're suggesting that I put them in a folder called "nCtag"
within the LassoLibraries folder.
2. That I name each tag file: UniqueID.lasso, Phone.lasso,
Calendar.lasso, etc.?
3. If so, do I include the "-NameSpace = 'nCtag'" attribute in each
Define_Tag?

My goal is to use "nCtag_Unique," etc., with the included underscore.

Sorry if I'm dense on this, but I can't get it to work as I believe
it should.

(The tags do work fine if put into LassoStartup, but I was hoping to
have a means of adding/editing custom tags and test them without
having to restart Lasso each time).

Thanks for any help, from you or anyone else on this list.

On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:54 PM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:

>> I'm trying to group my ctags into folders via their namespace, as
>> referred to in the docs. But, I can't get it to work.
>>
>> If my namespace is nCtag_ and the tag is called nCtag_UniqueID, how
>> would I nest that?
>>
>> I've tried creating a folder in LassoLibraries called nCtag_ with
>> nCtag_UniqueID.lasso within it and the tag defined as:
>>
>> UniqueID,
>> -namespace = 'nCtag_';
>>
>> But, that doesn't seem to work.
>
> You want to name the folder "nCtag" without the underscore.
>
> The names of the files within the folder can be anything you want.
> When
> Lasso loads the namespace "nCtag" it will load all the files within
> the
> folder.  Also, I wouldn't recommend having both a file and a folder
> for
> the same namespace.
>
> [fletcher]
>
> --
> Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
> Director of Product Development       http://www.lassostudio.com
> LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Bret Williams
Novusweb

www.Novusweb.com

760.942.3773 voice
866.668.8793 toll-free

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or disseminate
this information.  Please contact the sender by reply immediately and
destroy all copies of the original message including all
attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Re: Nested Libraries

Johan Solve
On 5/9/07, Mr. Bret Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry, Fletcher, but I'm still having problems with this:
>
> Question: If this is put into the LassoLibraries folder, does that
> mean that it is immediately available for use, or do I have to re-
> start Lasso?

Immediately available.
And if you edit any of those files, all you have to do is
namespace_upload: 'nCtag_'; and the next call for any of those tags
will load the new version dynamically.

> Within the LassoLibraries folder:
>
> -- If my Custom Tag is called nCtag_UniqueID (and I have others,
> similarly named, nCtag_Phone, nCtag_Calendar, etc.), then
>
> 1. You're suggesting that I put them in a folder called "nCtag"
> within the LassoLibraries folder.

Correct. This works for Lasso 8.5 and later. For earlier versions of 8
you have to put all tags in a file named nCtag.lasso.

> 2. That I name each tag file: UniqueID.lasso, Phone.lasso,
> Calendar.lasso, etc.?
> 3. If so, do I include the "-NameSpace = 'nCtag'" attribute in each
> Define_Tag?

Correct, but you have to use -NameSpace = 'nCtag_' as the underscore
separator is strangely part of the namespace name here (but not for
the namespace's folder or file name)

Good luck, Bret

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer

Re: Nested Libraries

Mr. Bret Williams
Thanks Johan.

Does namespace_upload go into the CTag file, or is that called on a
Lasso page?

On May 9, 2007, at 12:15 AM, Johan Solve wrote:

> Immediately available.
> And if you edit any of those files, all you have to do is
> namespace_upload: 'nCtag_'; and the next call for any of those tags
> will load the new version dynamically.

Bret Williams
Novusweb

www.Novusweb.com

760.942.3773 voice
866.668.8793 toll-free

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or disseminate
this information.  Please contact the sender by reply immediately and
destroy all copies of the original message including all
attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Re: Nested Libraries

Johan Solve
Sorry a typo, it should be namespace_unload...

You just call that tag from anywhere on the same site once when you
ave edited the tags and what to use the new version. You can't put it
in the namespace file since that is only loaded once...