[NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

Kerry Adams-2
Hi Lasso Developers,

We wanted to give you an update on what we're working on over here at
LassoSoft, before we hit the weekend.

We've been spending our time working on a few performance improvements
for Lasso 9, since that is a major benefit to the new version.  We're
nearly wrapped up with that, and can begin to shift our focus back to
expanding the documentation for Lasso 9.

Speaking of documentation, we've been chewing on the idea of
collaborating with a small and select group of developers to assist us
with this project.  The goal, of course, is to get the docs whipped into
shape as quickly and efficiently as possible, so this an option that
we're examining.

If you feel that you have the time and know-how to work with us on this,
please contact Kerry directly off-list.  Compensation and recognition
will be discussed once we have a better idea on how to proceed, and the
number of interested developers.  It's not set in stone that we will
head in this direction, but we'd like to at least consider it.

We're really happy to see and hear that people are beginning to (or in
some cases, have long since) jump into working with Lasso 9.  We're
working diligently in all departments to make the transition as smooth
as possible, and we appreciate your support and confidence.

Make it a fantastic weekend, and we'll speak again soon!

Best Regards,

The LassoSoft Team

[ LassoSoft ]
[ www.lassosoft.com ]
[ 954.302.3526 - 888.286.7753 ]

------------------------------------------------


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

Kevin Bice
I find it interesting that no one has commented on Kerry's post.
******************
First, do not flame me. This is meant to bring up a point that I feel  
needs clarifying. I am not trying to be negative.
******************
Your wording indicates that the documentation has not been worked on  
at all over the time period since you last posted about the  
documentation for Lasso 9. Is that the case? If so, please give us a  
new timeline for more complete documentation. I do not believe that I  
am the only one that would like to know.
.................................
Kevin Bice
512-879-1653
http://fmpweb.com
.................................
Web Development and Design



On Apr 16, 2010, at 8:12 AM, Kerry Adams wrote:

> Hi Lasso Developers,
>
> We wanted to give you an update on what we're working on over here  
> at LassoSoft, before we hit the weekend.
>
> We've been spending our time working on a few performance  
> improvements for Lasso 9, since that is a major benefit to the new  
> version.  We're nearly wrapped up with that, and can begin to shift  
> our focus back to expanding the documentation for Lasso 9.
>
> Speaking of documentation, we've been chewing on the idea of  
> collaborating with a small and select group of developers to assist  
> us with this project.  The goal, of course, is to get the docs  
> whipped into shape as quickly and efficiently as possible, so this  
> an option that we're examining.
>
> If you feel that you have the time and know-how to work with us on  
> this, please contact Kerry directly off-list.  Compensation and  
> recognition will be discussed once we have a better idea on how to  
> proceed, and the number of interested developers.  It's not set in  
> stone that we will head in this direction, but we'd like to at  
> least consider it.
>
> We're really happy to see and hear that people are beginning to (or  
> in some cases, have long since) jump into working with Lasso 9.  
> We're working diligently in all departments to make the transition  
> as smooth as possible, and we appreciate your support and confidence.
>
> Make it a fantastic weekend, and we'll speak again soon!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> The LassoSoft Team
>
> [ LassoSoft ]
> [ www.lassosoft.com ]
> [ 954.302.3526 - 888.286.7753 ]
>
> ------------------------------------------------
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

Kerry Adams-2
Hi Kevin,

Interestingly, quite a few people have contacted me off-list, expressing
appreciation for the update, and interest in assisting us.  I can't
presume to know why the list has been quiet.  Maybe people are getting
ready for the weekend, busy with projects, satisfied with the
information provided - who knows?

It's nice to read that you're not trying to be negative since there's
really no need for it at this point.  We're working as hard, and moving
forward as fast as we can, and dragging the community into a negative
frame of mind helps no one.  I'm pleased to hear that this isn't your
intention.

Your understanding of the post was correct: we've been holding off on
the documentation in order to improve some critical aspects of Lasso 9,
up to this point.  Now those matters appear to be resolved (or very
close), so we're able to turn our attention back to getting the docs in
shape.  We're a company that has to divide our time in the most
appropriate manner, just like anyone else.  I trust you can understand
and appreciate that.

I can't give you an exact time-line for the documentation, I'm sorry.  I
think that my wording indicated, though, that it is indeed a priority
for us, and that we're going so far as to reach out to the community for
participation.  And, response we have had - it's awesome.  Those that
have contacted me, thank you!

We're working on it as quickly and as diligently as we can.  And we
appreciate everyone's support!  As soon as we have more information to
share, and/or updates, you can be certain that we will.

Best Regards,

Kerry Adams

[ LassoSoft ]
[ www.lassosoft.com ]
[ 954.302.3526 - 888.286.7753 ]

------------------------------------------------


On 4/16/2010 10:34 PM, Kevin Bice wrote:

> I find it interesting that no one has commented on Kerry's post.
> ******************
> First, do not flame me. This is meant to bring up a point that I feel
> needs clarifying. I am not trying to be negative.
> ******************
> Your wording indicates that the documentation has not been worked on
> at all over the time period since you last posted about the
> documentation for Lasso 9. Is that the case? If so, please give us a
> new timeline for more complete documentation. I do not believe that I
> am the only one that would like to know.
> .................................
> Kevin Bice
> 512-879-1653
> http://fmpweb.com
> .................................
> Web Development and Design
>
>
>
> On Apr 16, 2010, at 8:12 AM, Kerry Adams wrote:
>
>> Hi Lasso Developers,
>>
>> We wanted to give you an update on what we're working on over here at
>> LassoSoft, before we hit the weekend.
>>
>> We've been spending our time working on a few performance
>> improvements for Lasso 9, since that is a major benefit to the new
>> version.  We're nearly wrapped up with that, and can begin to shift
>> our focus back to expanding the documentation for Lasso 9.
>>
>> Speaking of documentation, we've been chewing on the idea of
>> collaborating with a small and select group of developers to assist
>> us with this project.  The goal, of course, is to get the docs
>> whipped into shape as quickly and efficiently as possible, so this an
>> option that we're examining.
>>
>> If you feel that you have the time and know-how to work with us on
>> this, please contact Kerry directly off-list.  Compensation and
>> recognition will be discussed once we have a better idea on how to
>> proceed, and the number of interested developers.  It's not set in
>> stone that we will head in this direction, but we'd like to at least
>> consider it.
>>
>> We're really happy to see and hear that people are beginning to (or
>> in some cases, have long since) jump into working with Lasso 9.  
>> We're working diligently in all departments to make the transition as
>> smooth as possible, and we appreciate your support and confidence.
>>
>> Make it a fantastic weekend, and we'll speak again soon!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> The LassoSoft Team
>>
>> [ LassoSoft ]
>> [ www.lassosoft.com ]
>> [ 954.302.3526 - 888.286.7753 ]
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> --
>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
>> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
>> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

Jim Sheffer-3
In reply to this post by Kevin Bice
I too would like to know when the Docs will be ready.  

I'd also like to point out that many here on the list were a bit "peeved" at the lack of communication on this subject in the past (me included).

I see Kerry's post as a sign that LassoSoft IS listening, and thus Kerry's post on the subject rather than waiting until someone brought it up again on the list.

Thank you LassoSoft for at least keeping us abreast as to how the Docs are coming, even if the news isn't "exactly" what we may want to hear!


James Sheffer,

The HigherPowered Team!

[hidden email]          [hidden email]
Web Design & Development             http://www.higherpowered.com
phone:  469-256-0268                      
 "We help businesses succeed on the web!"
         -------------------------------------------

On Apr 16, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Kevin Bice wrote:

> I find it interesting that no one has commented on Kerry's post.
> ******************
> First, do not flame me. This is meant to bring up a point that I feel needs clarifying. I am not trying to be negative.
> ******************
> Your wording indicates that the documentation has not been worked on at all over the time period since you last posted about the documentation for Lasso 9. Is that the case? If so, please give us a new timeline for more complete documentation. I do not believe that I am the only one that would like to know.
> .................................
> Kevin Bice
> 512-879-1653
> http://fmpweb.com
> .................................
> Web Development and Design
>
>
>
> On Apr 16, 2010, at 8:12 AM, Kerry Adams wrote:
>
>> Hi Lasso Developers,
>>
>> We wanted to give you an update on what we're working on over here at LassoSoft, before we hit the weekend.
>>
>> We've been spending our time working on a few performance improvements for Lasso 9, since that is a major benefit to the new version.  We're nearly wrapped up with that, and can begin to shift our focus back to expanding the documentation for Lasso 9.
>>
>> Speaking of documentation, we've been chewing on the idea of collaborating with a small and select group of developers to assist us with this project.  The goal, of course, is to get the docs whipped into shape as quickly and efficiently as possible, so this an option that we're examining.
>>
>> If you feel that you have the time and know-how to work with us on this, please contact Kerry directly off-list.  Compensation and recognition will be discussed once we have a better idea on how to proceed, and the number of interested developers.  It's not set in stone that we will head in this direction, but we'd like to at least consider it.
>>
>> We're really happy to see and hear that people are beginning to (or in some cases, have long since) jump into working with Lasso 9.  We're working diligently in all departments to make the transition as smooth as possible, and we appreciate your support and confidence.
>>
>> Make it a fantastic weekend, and we'll speak again soon!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> The LassoSoft Team
>>
>> [ LassoSoft ]
>> [ www.lassosoft.com ]
>> [ 954.302.3526 - 888.286.7753 ]
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> --
>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
>> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
>> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

Lars A. Gundersen-2
In reply to this post by Kerry Adams-2
This is great, Kerry! Really appreciated that you take the time to drop a litte update on the community.

Lars

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

Clive Bruton

On 16 Apr 2010, at 22:53, Lars A Gundersen wrote:

> This is great, Kerry! Really appreciated that you take the time to  
> drop a litte update on the community.

Likewise, nice to see the initiative on getting the documentation  
together in a quicker, if unconventional way.


-- Clive

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

John May-2
On 4/16/10 6:09 PM, Clive Bruton wrote:
>
> On 16 Apr 2010, at 22:53, Lars A Gundersen wrote:
>
>> This is great, Kerry! Really appreciated that you take the time to
>> drop a litte update on the community.
>
> Likewise, nice to see the initiative on getting the documentation
> together in a quicker, if unconventional way.
>


+1

        - John
--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
Point In Space Internet Solutions             [hidden email]

        Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
           on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft [Added] we miss Fletcher

Jim Van Heule-3
In reply to this post by Jim Sheffer-3
Thanks Kerry,

Your recent post was welcome news.

> [Jim said on Apr 17] I'd also like to point out that many here on the list were a bit "peeved" at the lack of communication on this subject in the past (me included).

I "was" on of those "peeved" earlier though I kept my comments off-list. Looking back most of why I was peeved was from stuff I read on the various LS talk lists. More precisely it was based on what I wasn't reading (lack of LS participation).

In the past month or so I've really seen a huge increase in LS interaction on the various lists (beta, LT, etc) and I really like the direction that L9 is going. Most of that increase in conversation has happened on the beta list so the general LT list community isn't seeing that. The biggest news for me was when Lasso developers discovered how solid L9 is under load in a test suite compared to LP8.6. That is huge for my business and I'm happy to wait for the documents knowing that a solid, stable language is nearing completion.

> [Kerry said on Feb 25]Fletcher has been quiet because he's taking some personal time away from the front line to address some personal matters within his family (but he's still very much a part of LassoSoft).

The main LS spokesperson on the list has been Fletcher and we haven't seen a post from him in a long time. I think the disappearance of Fletcher's voice is a main contributor to the perceived lack of communications. Fletcher has been awesome and I personally miss him. Fletcher was our voice and reflected internally the developers wants and needs to other people within LS. If Fletcher is not going to fill that role for the foreseeable future, please consider finding someone to fill that role. It's some pretty big shoes to fill, but I think its something our tight-knit community really wants and needs. If there isn't a person in LS that feels that they are up to the task, BlueWorld used to have a list moderator that had the ear of BW and was a non-official spokesperson. If you were to consider that route, I'd like to nominate Bil Corry and/or Jason Huck. There are several other phenomenal contributors to this list that could also fill that role well. Just a thought that I felt was worth throwing out there.

Jim Van Heule
Heunox Corporation
www.Heunox.com

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

Kerry Adams-2

Big thanks to those who commented, and offered suggestions and feedback
(both on and off-list).

Jim, thanks to you especially, for the suggestions and feedback on how
we can do our part to keep this community of developers the tight-knit
group that they have been, and still are, imo.

We'll give it some thought and see what makes the most sense.  In the
meantime, of course, our doors and in-boxes are always open, and
everyone is welcome to contact us directly or through our various
mailing lists.

(BTW, we're still accepting applications for assistance with
documentation.  Please feel free to contact me off-list if interested.)

Best Regards,

Kerry Adams

[ LassoSoft ]
[ www.lassosoft.com ]
[ 954.302.3526 - 888.286.7753 ]

------------------------------------------------


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

Waters, Thomas C
THX Kerry! I didn't chime in last week, but I really appreciate the updates. Glad to see things moving forward, and appreciate what you are doing.

On Apr 20, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Kerry Adams wrote:

>
> Big thanks to those who commented, and offered suggestions and feedback
> (both on and off-list).
>
> Jim, thanks to you especially, for the suggestions and feedback on how
> we can do our part to keep this community of developers the tight-knit
> group that they have been, and still are, imo.
>
> We'll give it some thought and see what makes the most sense.  In the
> meantime, of course, our doors and in-boxes are always open, and
> everyone is welcome to contact us directly or through our various
> mailing lists.
>
> (BTW, we're still accepting applications for assistance with
> documentation.  Please feel free to contact me off-list if interested.)
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Kerry Adams
>
> [ LassoSoft ]
> [ www.lassosoft.com ]
> [ 954.302.3526 - 888.286.7753 ]
>
> ------------------------------------------------
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>



--
Thomas Waters
Director of New Media
University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
412-383-7471
[hidden email]
http://www.pharmacy.pitt.edu



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEWS] The Latest News from LassoSoft

Kerry Adams-2
You're welcome.  I'm happy to provide them whenever I can.

:-)

We realize that the release of Lasso 9 has had a few wrinkles, and we're
doing our best to smooth those out and move forward as quickly, and in
the best interests of the Lasso Community, as possible.

Positive feedback, contributions, suggestions and participation, REALLY
help.  They go a long way toward realizing the goals that we all share.

Cheers,

-Kerry



On 4/20/2010 3:01 PM, Waters, Thomas C wrote:

> THX Kerry! I didn't chime in last week, but I really appreciate the updates. Glad to see things moving forward, and appreciate what you are doing.
>
> On Apr 20, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Kerry Adams wrote:
>
>    
>> Big thanks to those who commented, and offered suggestions and feedback
>> (both on and off-list).
>>
>> Jim, thanks to you especially, for the suggestions and feedback on how
>> we can do our part to keep this community of developers the tight-knit
>> group that they have been, and still are, imo.
>>
>> We'll give it some thought and see what makes the most sense.  In the
>> meantime, of course, our doors and in-boxes are always open, and
>> everyone is welcome to contact us directly or through our various
>> mailing lists.
>>
>> (BTW, we're still accepting applications for assistance with
>> documentation.  Please feel free to contact me off-list if interested.)
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Kerry Adams
>>
>> [ LassoSoft ]
>> [ www.lassosoft.com ]
>> [ 954.302.3526 - 888.286.7753 ]
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> --
>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
>> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
>> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>>
>>
>>      
>
>
> --
> Thomas Waters
> Director of New Media
> University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
> 412-383-7471
> [hidden email]
> http://www.pharmacy.pitt.edu
>
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>
>    

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/