MySql lost connection error

Michael Coninx
Hello,

In one of my format files I'm getting the following error:
    Lost connection to MySQL server during query (2013).

Lasso 8.5.1 on Mac OS 10.4.8
MySql 5.0.24a
using InnoDB tables in this case

The format file in question tries to insert a new record

The following logic is used (maybe it is important, although the code
works with LP 7.1.3. and Embedded MySql and on another LP 8/MySql 5 machine)

start transaction + insert record
retrieve last_insert_id
insert record in child table (using include file)

When all goes well, I commit the actions, otherwise I rollback.

The error is returned after executing the first (combined) statement:
START TRANSACTION; INSERT INTO tablename (fields) VALUES (values)

Does anyone know what is going on, how to fix this?

Thanks,

With kind regards,

Michael