MySql Connector on LP8.5.3/LP8.5.4

Israel Thompson
Hello all,

We've run into a bit of a strange enigma here on one of our testing
machines. The machine is an Intel iMac with Mac OS X 10.4.10 running on it.
We've installed LP8.5.3 along with an installation of MySql 5.0. When we try
to add the local MySql as a host we keep getting the error that there are no
databases found on the host. We've tried completely stopping and
uninstalling lasso and re-installing LP8.5.4, but witnessed the same errors.

Now, we also tried adding the MySql 5.0 host on the machine in question to
other servers running different installations of Lasso and were completely
successful. Is there anyone who has experienced anything similar to this?
What do you think is causing this? Could it be Lasso, the OS, or the MySql
host? Any ideas are appreciated.

Sincerely,

Israel

Re: MySql Connector on LP8.5.3/LP8.5.4

Diane Houdek
I had the same problem trying to connect to FMSA 9 on a Intel Mac Book Pro running OS 10.4.10 using the new FileMaker 9 connector in LP8.5.4 - no databases found on the host. The connection works just fine using the FileMakerServer Advanced connector however. Very odd...

Diane Houdek