Multiple file upload

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
30 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Multiple file upload

Jussi Hirvi-2
A client wants support for multiple files on the upload page. I suppose
this is easy, as the file_uploads array already supports multiple files.
So I basically only have to add more form-input elements called
upload_selector - right?

At the same time I could jquerify/ajaxify my upload routine, so
uploading large files would not stumble on browser timeout, and the user
would get better feedback.

I found this - "Uploadify" (based on jquery):

http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html

Any experience with this? Or other solutions? (Btw, I am not a fan of
flash-based solutions.)

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
[hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
Jussi Hirvi wrote:

> A client wants support for multiple files on the upload page. I suppose
> this is easy, as the file_uploads array already supports multiple files.
> So I basically only have to add more form-input elements called
> upload_selector - right?
>
> At the same time I could jquerify/ajaxify my upload routine, so
> uploading large files would not stumble on browser timeout, and the user
> would get better feedback.
>
> I found this - "Uploadify" (based on jquery):
>
> http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html
>
>
> Any experience with this? Or other solutions? (Btw, I am not a fan of
> flash-based solutions.)
>
> - Jussi
>

I've used it with good results, although there were a few bugs, IIRC.

You also have to make it very clear to users that they need to press the
'upload' button and let it upload (if it's part of a larger form), or
they'll just queue up a bunch of files and submit your form without
actually uploading anything.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu nv - [hidden email]

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

list
In reply to this post by Jussi Hirvi-2
We run a java based solution to take care of multiple images. Adds the benefit of also dealing with client side pre upload image scaling. It can just as well do regular files too.

Ajax does not directly help you with uploads since it's not supported using XMLHttpRequest. The "ajax"solutions you find is instead based on a hidden iframe.

HDB
Jolle

1 jun 2010 kl. 10.29 skrev Jussi Hirvi:

> A client wants support for multiple files on the upload page. I suppose this is easy, as the file_uploads array already supports multiple files. So I basically only have to add more form-input elements called upload_selector - right?
>
> At the same time I could jquerify/ajaxify my upload routine, so uploading large files would not stumble on browser timeout, and the user would get better feedback.
>
> I found this - "Uploadify" (based on jquery):
>
> http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html
>
> Any experience with this? Or other solutions? (Btw, I am not a fan of flash-based solutions.)
>
> - Jussi
>
> --
> Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
> Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
> Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
> [hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>
>
>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

Jussi Hirvi-2
In reply to this post by Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
> Jussi Hirvi wrote:
>> I found this - "Uploadify" (based on jquery):
>>
>> http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html

On 1.6.2010 11.53, Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T nv) wrote:
> I've used it with good results, although there were a few bugs, IIRC.
>
> You also have to make it very clear to users that they need to press the
> 'upload' button and let it upload (if it's part of a larger form), or
> they'll just queue up a bunch of files and submit your form without
> actually uploading anything.

Ok, sounds good enough! The feature set is just what I need, so I think
I will give it a go. It is good to have the upload part of my code set
modernised.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
[hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

Jussi Hirvi-2
In reply to this post by list
On 1.6.2010 11.57, Jolle Carlestam wrote:
> We run a java based solution to take care of multiple images. Adds
> the benefit of also dealing with client side pre upload image
> scaling. It can just as well do regular files too.

How do you have to deal with client side "pre scaling"? Other than
decide that the files are right format, acceptable size etc. I am
wondering about the plus sides of that java-solution to the jQuery
"Uploadify".

> Ajax does not directly help you with uploads since it's not supported
> using XMLHttpRequest. The "ajax"solutions you find is instead based
> on a hidden iframe.

OK, good to know. Does that mean that the browser timeout problem cannot
be avoided?

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
[hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

dguardiola
In reply to this post by Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)

Le 1 juin 10 à 10:53, Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T nv) a écrit :
>> I found this - "Uploadify" (based on jquery):
>>
>> http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html

Hi Jussi
I posted this quickly for sharing it with laurent actually
Just let me know if something is unclear for you

>> Any experience with this? Or other solutions? (Btw, I am not a fan of
>> flash-based solutions.)
>> - Jussi
>
> I've used it with good results, although there were a few bugs, IIRC.

do you talk about bugs in the solution or in the lasso files ?


> You also have to make it very clear to users that they need to press  
> the 'upload' button and let it upload (if it's part of a larger  
> form), or they'll just queue up a bunch of files and submit your  
> form without actually uploading anything.

That's true, a bit of explanation can be necessary, but I had no other  
problems with the users



--
Dominique Guardiola, QUINODE
http://www.quinode.fr/
• Tel : 04.27.86.84.37
• GSM : 06.15.13.22.27





--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

stevepiercy
In reply to this post by Jussi Hirvi-2
Check out jfileupload with various plugins.
http://jfileupload.com/

What kind of files are they uploading?  If images, then
jfileupload has some nifty plugins that resize the image on the
client side and show thumbnails.

--steve


On 6/1/10 at 11:29 AM, [hidden email] (Jussi Hirvi) pronounced:

>A client wants support for multiple files on the upload page. I
>suppose this is easy, as the file_uploads array already
>supports multiple files. So I basically only have to add more
>form-input elements called upload_selector - right?
>
>At the same time I could jquerify/ajaxify my upload routine, so
>uploading large files would not stumble on browser timeout, and
>the user would get better feedback.
>
>I found this - "Uploadify" (based on jquery):
>
>http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html
>
>Any experience with this? Or other solutions? (Btw, I am not a
>fan of flash-based solutions.)
>
>- Jussi
>

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder              
Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
In reply to this post by dguardiola
Dominique Guardiola wrote:
>
> Le 1 juin 10 à 10:53, Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T nv) a écrit :

>>
>> I've used it with good results, although there were a few bugs, IIRC.
>
> do you talk about bugs in the solution or in the lasso files ?

It's been a while and I used the built-in php connector code, not Lasso.
There was an issue where the allowed file extensions were only defined
client-side (so that was a pretty huge security hole), and I also
believe there was something in Safari(?) on OS X where you couldn't
upload files that had extensions in caps if you had a filter on
extensions. This was only on OS X. Linux and Windows had no problems
with the case-sensitivity. I tried reporting it, but they set their
forum to 'moderate' and my bug report never came through AFAIK.

This is all from memory and maybe they fixed these issues now, but make
sure you test it on many different platforms.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu nv - [hidden email]

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

Jussi Hirvi-2
In reply to this post by dguardiola
On 1.6.2010 12.27, Dominique Guardiola wrote:
> Hi Jussi
> I posted this quickly for sharing it with laurent actually
> Just let me know if something is unclear for you
 >
> do you talk about bugs in the solution or in the lasso files ?
 >
> That's true, a bit of explanation can be necessary, but I had no other
> problems with the users
>

Hei,

Thanks for input. If something in your message would be "unclear" to me,
I would be really worried about my brain function.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
[hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

Jussi Hirvi-2
In reply to this post by stevepiercy
On 1.6.2010 12.28, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
> Check out jfileupload with various plugins.
> http://jfileupload.com/
>
> What kind of files are they uploading? If images, then jfileupload has
> some nifty plugins that resize the image on the client side and show
> thumbnails.
>
> --steve

This time it is dwg and plt (CAD drawings), and pdf. Thumbnails probably
will probably not be possible, and not useful anyway. But for future
applications, certainly.

I found out "Uploadify" actually uses flash, which is a minus.

JFileUpload feature set looks cool, seems to be Java-based.

I checked their demo:
http://jfileupload.com/products/demo/applet_http.html

The java-app there loads very slow (my old computer is a good
measure-stick).
And it asks to accept authentication (ugly; probably could be
overridden; on the other hand, encrypted transfer is good).
When I upload an image, the app becomes unresponsive until the upload is
finished.
First upload is slow, subsequent ones seem much faster.

I am not so impressed so far...  Is there a lasso back-end anywhere
available?

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
[hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload

stevepiercy
On 6/1/10 at 12:55 PM, [hidden email] (Jussi Hirvi) pronounced:

>On 1.6.2010 12.28, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>>Check out jfileupload with various plugins.
>>http://jfileupload.com/
>>
>>What kind of files are they uploading? If images, then jfileupload has
>>some nifty plugins that resize the image on the client side and show
>>thumbnails.
>>
>>--steve
>
>This time it is dwg and plt (CAD drawings), and pdf. Thumbnails
>probably will probably not be possible, and not useful anyway.
>But for future applications, certainly.
>
>I found out "Uploadify" actually uses flash, which is a minus.
>
>JFileUpload feature set looks cool, seems to be Java-based.
>
>I checked their demo:
>http://jfileupload.com/products/demo/applet_http.html
>
>The java-app there loads very slow (my old computer is a good measure-stick).
>And it asks to accept authentication (ugly; probably could be
>overridden; on the other hand, encrypted transfer is good).
>When I upload an image, the app becomes unresponsive until the upload is finished.
>First upload is slow, subsequent ones seem much faster.

Yup, that is java and flash.  They both suck in their own ways.

If you want a progress bar, then you're pretty much stuck with
those options.  Although if you search the LT archives, I recall
that Steffan Cline monkeyed around with this for a few weeks,
but I don't recall whether he solved it or not.

>I am not so impressed so far...  Is there a lasso back-end anywhere available?

You can grab sample file_upload code from my file perms guide:
http://stevepiercy.com/lasso_stuff/file_perms.lasso

--steve

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder              
Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload - Uploadify error http 500

Jussi Hirvi-2
I am testing Uploadify with the lasso code I found from

http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html 


On every upload attempt I get two http 500 errors (both Mac/Safari 4 and
Mac/Firefox 3.6).

The last one of these errors is important, the 1st one is only for
browsing the remote server, I suppose. From apache log:

84.20.154.60 - - [01/Jun/2010:14:41:13 +0300] "POST
/uploadify_lasso/ajax/filelist.lasso HTTP/1.1" 500 2306
"http://dev.greenspot.fi/uploadify_lasso/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U;
PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/531.22.7 (KHTML, like Gecko)
Version/4.0.5 Safari/531.22.7"

84.20.154.60 - - [01/Jun/2010:14:41:19 +0300] "POST
/uploadify_lasso/ajax/flash_upload.lasso HTTP/1.1" 500 2730 "-" "Adobe
Flash Player 10"


That's about all the info I get. The app throws a js alert saying the
same: 500 error.

There is nothing in Lasso error db (I put it to log everything except
action params).

"Uploadify 500 error" gives a lot of google hits, but so far nothing
really useful.

- Jussi


On 1.6.2010 13.15, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> On 6/1/10 at 12:55 PM, [hidden email] (Jussi Hirvi) pronounced:
>
>> On 1.6.2010 12.28, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>>> Check out jfileupload with various plugins.
>>> http://jfileupload.com/
>>>
>>> What kind of files are they uploading? If images, then jfileupload has
>>> some nifty plugins that resize the image on the client side and show
>>> thumbnails.
>>>
>>> --steve
>>
>> This time it is dwg and plt (CAD drawings), and pdf. Thumbnails
>> probably will probably not be possible, and not useful anyway. But for
>> future applications, certainly.
>>
>> I found out "Uploadify" actually uses flash, which is a minus.
>>
>> JFileUpload feature set looks cool, seems to be Java-based.
>>
>> I checked their demo:
>> http://jfileupload.com/products/demo/applet_http.html
>>
>> The java-app there loads very slow (my old computer is a good
>> measure-stick).
>> And it asks to accept authentication (ugly; probably could be
>> overridden; on the other hand, encrypted transfer is good).
>> When I upload an image, the app becomes unresponsive until the upload
>> is finished.
>> First upload is slow, subsequent ones seem much faster.
>
> Yup, that is java and flash. They both suck in their own ways.
>
> If you want a progress bar, then you're pretty much stuck with those
> options. Although if you search the LT archives, I recall that Steffan
> Cline monkeyed around with this for a few weeks, but I don't recall
> whether he solved it or not.
>
>> I am not so impressed so far... Is there a lasso back-end anywhere
>> available?
>
> You can grab sample file_upload code from my file perms guide:
> http://stevepiercy.com/lasso_stuff/file_perms.lasso
>
> --steve
>
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy Web Site Builder Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]> <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>
>


--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
[hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload - Uploadify error http 500

dguardiola
have you triple-checked the permissions of the upload folder ?
I remember that all the problems I had setting this up was about  
permissions and file paths (that's why I used absolut paths everywhere)


Le 1 juin 10 à 13:52, Jussi Hirvi a écrit :

> I am testing Uploadify with the lasso code I found from
>
> http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html
>
> On every upload attempt I get two http 500 errors (both Mac/Safari 4  
> and Mac/Firefox 3.6).
>
> The last one of these errors is important, the 1st one is only for  
> browsing the remote server, I suppose. From apache log:
>
> 84.20.154.60 - - [01/Jun/2010:14:41:13 +0300] "POST /uploadify_lasso/
> ajax/filelist.lasso HTTP/1.1" 500 2306 "http://dev.greenspot.fi/uploadify_lasso/ 
> " "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/
> 531.22.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Safari/531.22.7"
>
> 84.20.154.60 - - [01/Jun/2010:14:41:19 +0300] "POST /uploadify_lasso/
> ajax/flash_upload.lasso HTTP/1.1" 500 2730 "-" "Adobe Flash Player 10"
>
>
> That's about all the info I get. The app throws a js alert saying  
> the same: 500 error.
>
> There is nothing in Lasso error db (I put it to log everything  
> except action params).
>
> "Uploadify 500 error" gives a lot of google hits, but so far nothing  
> really useful.
>
> - Jussi
>
>
> On 1.6.2010 13.15, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>> On 6/1/10 at 12:55 PM, [hidden email] (Jussi Hirvi)  
>> pronounced:
>>
>>> On 1.6.2010 12.28, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>>>> Check out jfileupload with various plugins.
>>>> http://jfileupload.com/
>>>>
>>>> What kind of files are they uploading? If images, then  
>>>> jfileupload has
>>>> some nifty plugins that resize the image on the client side and  
>>>> show
>>>> thumbnails.
>>>>
>>>> --steve
>>>
>>> This time it is dwg and plt (CAD drawings), and pdf. Thumbnails
>>> probably will probably not be possible, and not useful anyway. But  
>>> for
>>> future applications, certainly.
>>>
>>> I found out "Uploadify" actually uses flash, which is a minus.
>>>
>>> JFileUpload feature set looks cool, seems to be Java-based.
>>>
>>> I checked their demo:
>>> http://jfileupload.com/products/demo/applet_http.html
>>>
>>> The java-app there loads very slow (my old computer is a good
>>> measure-stick).
>>> And it asks to accept authentication (ugly; probably could be
>>> overridden; on the other hand, encrypted transfer is good).
>>> When I upload an image, the app becomes unresponsive until the  
>>> upload
>>> is finished.
>>> First upload is slow, subsequent ones seem much faster.
>>
>> Yup, that is java and flash. They both suck in their own ways.
>>
>> If you want a progress bar, then you're pretty much stuck with those
>> options. Although if you search the LT archives, I recall that  
>> Steffan
>> Cline monkeyed around with this for a few weeks, but I don't recall
>> whether he solved it or not.
>>
>>> I am not so impressed so far... Is there a lasso back-end anywhere
>>> available?
>>
>> You can grab sample file_upload code from my file perms guide:
>> http://stevepiercy.com/lasso_stuff/file_perms.lasso
>>
>> --steve
>>
>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> Steve Piercy Web Site Builder Soquel, CA
>> <[hidden email]> <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>
>>
>>
>> --
>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
>> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
>> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
> Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
> Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
> [hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>

--
Dominique Guardiola, QUINODE
http://www.quinode.fr/
• Tel : 04.27.86.84.37
• GSM : 06.15.13.22.27





--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload - Uploadify error http 500

Jussi Hirvi-2
On 1.6.2010 15.28, Dominique Guardiola wrote:
> have you triple-checked the permissions of the upload folder ?
> I remember that all the problems I had setting this up was about
> permissions and file paths (that's why I used absolut paths everywhere)

Triple-check is right... the perms are 777 (this is Linux):

[root@lasso2 uploadify_lasso]# ls -l
total 28
drwxrwxrwx  2 root apache 4096 Jun  1 15:41 ajax
drwxrwxrwx  3 root apache 4096 Dec 17 12:12 img
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root apache 3441 Jun  1 15:24 index.lasso
drwxrwxrwx  2 root apache 4096 Jun  1 15:14 js
drwxrwxrwx  2 root apache 4096 Nov 30  2009 swf
drwxrwxrwx  2 root apache 4096 Dec 17 13:21 test
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root apache 3007 Dec 17 12:39 uploadify-custom.css

Also I checked that my Lasso user has permissions for appropriate file
tags, and file locations (these settings have worked ok when uploading
without Uploadify).

I still didn't go through Steve's permission guide, though.

This is the first time I try to run flash (swf files). Could be related
to that.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
[hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload - Uploadify error http 500

Brad Lindsay-2

On Jun 1, 2010, at 8:58 AM, Jussi Hirvi wrote:

> On 1.6.2010 15.28, Dominique Guardiola wrote:
>> have you triple-checked the permissions of the upload folder ?
>> I remember that all the problems I had setting this up was about
>> permissions and file paths (that's why I used absolut paths everywhere)
>
> Triple-check is right... the perms are 777 (this is Linux):
>
> [root@lasso2 uploadify_lasso]# ls -l
> total 28
> drwxrwxrwx  2 root apache 4096 Jun  1 15:41 ajax
> drwxrwxrwx  3 root apache 4096 Dec 17 12:12 img
> -rwxrwxrwx  1 root apache 3441 Jun  1 15:24 index.lasso
> drwxrwxrwx  2 root apache 4096 Jun  1 15:14 js
> drwxrwxrwx  2 root apache 4096 Nov 30  2009 swf
> drwxrwxrwx  2 root apache 4096 Dec 17 13:21 test
> -rwxrwxrwx  1 root apache 3007 Dec 17 12:39 uploadify-custom.css

You also need to check the permissions all the way up to that folder, making sure that for each folder you have rx privileges.

> I still didn't go through Steve's permission guide, though.

Highly recommend going through this carefully.  8.5's file security is complex, and I'm glad 9 did away with it in favor of simply using the OS file permissions.

Brad
--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload - Uploadify error http 500 - SOLVED

Jussi Hirvi-2
> Jussi Hirvi wrote:
>> I still didn't go through Steve's permission guide, though.

On 1.6.2010 16.52, Brad Lindsay wrote:
> Highly recommend going through this carefully.  8.5's file security is complex, and I'm glad 9 did away with it in favor of simply using the OS file permissions.
>
> Brad


Ok, this is solved.

First of all, I remind myself again that when tired, you might as well
leave it, instead of just staring at it and feeling bad. This morning,
after a good night's sleep, I solved it in 15 minutes.

There was simply a Lasso syntax error in the code I got from

http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html 


Instead of action_param it had client_param, which seems not to be a
Lasso (8) tag at all. And as the code was triggered by the flash app, no
Lasso error message came through.

I solved it by triggering the Lasso upload script from a tailored Lasso
form -> the error message was now very clear.

I have notified quinode.fr about the syntax error.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland
Tel. +358 9 493 981 * Mobile +358 40 771 2098 (only sms)
[hidden email] * http://www.greenspot.fi

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload - Uploadify error http 500 - SOLVED

stevepiercy
On 6/2/10 at 10:18 AM, [hidden email] (Jussi Hirvi) pronounced:

> Instead of action_param it had client_param, which seems not to be a Lasso (8) tag at
> all. And as the code was triggered by the flash app, no Lasso error message came
> through.

http://tagswap.net/client_param

--steve

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload - Uploadify error http 500 - SOLVED

list
In reply to this post by Jussi Hirvi-2
It's an add-on:
http://www.tagswap.net/client_param

That, or Bils equivalent lp_client_param, are very handy.

HDB
Jolle

2 jun 2010 kl. 09.18 skrev Jussi Hirvi:

> Instead of action_param it had client_param, which seems not to be a Lasso (8) tag at all. And as the code was triggered by the flash app, no Lasso error message came through.


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload - Uploadify error http 500 - SOLVED

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
In reply to this post by Jussi Hirvi-2
client_param is an often-used custom tag (
http://tagswap.net/client_param/ ), so it's not a bug, it's just a
dependency that should perhaps be noted in the blog post.

I often use an error.lasso script in the root of websites I'm debugging
that e-mails me with any errors, along with the action_params and other
debug stuff, I find this helps me a lot in situations like this (and
also saves me from having to ask clients to e-mail us any errors they get).

Jonathan



Jussi Hirvi wrote:

>> Jussi Hirvi wrote:
>>> I still didn't go through Steve's permission guide, though.
>
> On 1.6.2010 16.52, Brad Lindsay wrote:
>> Highly recommend going through this carefully. 8.5's file security is
>> complex, and I'm glad 9 did away with it in favor of simply using the
>> OS file permissions.
>>
>> Brad
>
>
> Ok, this is solved.
>
> First of all, I remind myself again that when tired, you might as well
> leave it, instead of just staring at it and feeling bad. This morning,
> after a good night's sleep, I solved it in 15 minutes.
>
> There was simply a Lasso syntax error in the code I got from
>
> http://www.quinode.fr/blog/muliple_upload_with_lasso__jquery__uploadify.html
>
>
> Instead of action_param it had client_param, which seems not to be a
> Lasso (8) tag at all. And as the code was triggered by the flash app, no
> Lasso error message came through.
>
> I solved it by triggering the Lasso upload script from a tailored Lasso
> form -> the error message was now very clear.
>
> I have notified quinode.fr about the syntax error.
>
> - Jussi
>


--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu nv - [hidden email]

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file upload - Uploadify error http 500 - SOLVED

list
2 jun 2010 kl. 09.40 skrev Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T nv):

> I often use an error.lasso script in the root of websites I'm debugging that e-mails me with any errors, along with the action_params and other debug stuff, I find this helps me a lot in situations like this (and also saves me from having to ask clients to e-mail us any errors they get).

Here's one I use, it's safe in that regard that it doesn't trigger an error by itself:

 <?LassoScript
  var('incidentCode' = lasso_uniqueid);
 ?><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="sv" lang="sv">
        <head>
                <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
                <title>
                        There was an application error
                </title>
                <meta name="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" content="true">
        </head>
        <body style="background-color:#FFFFFF;">
                <div style="width:100%;">
                        <div  style="width:450px;text-align:center; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;">
                                                        <h2>
                                                                Application error!
                                                        </h2>
                                                        <br>
                                                        <p>
                                                                An unexpected error in the application occurred. The error is logged and will be attended to by our system administrator as soon as possible.
                                                                <br>
                                                                Please try to go back to the start page and try again.
                                                                <br>
                                                                Should the error reappear feel free to
                                                                alert the system administrator. If you do, please describe your actions prior to the error and include this incident code: <strong>[$incidentCode]</strong>
                                                        </p>
                                                        <p><br>
                                                        <br>
                                                        <a href="mailto:[hidden email]">
                                                                [hidden email]
                                                        </a>
                                                        </p>
                                                        <p>[If(Lasso_ErrorReporting != 'none')]
    <br><br>
    <em>[error_msg]</em>
  [/If]</p>
                        </div>
                </div>
        </body>
</html>
<?LassoScript
        Email_Send(-To='[hidden email]',
                -From='[hidden email]',
                -Subject='Lasso error',
                -Body='Error in a Lasso Application.\r\n\r\n' +
                        'Server: ' + Server_Name + '\r\n' +
                        'Response Filepath: ' + Response_Filepath + '\r\n\r\n' +
                        'Error: ' + Error_Msg + '\r\n' +
                        'Error Code: ' + Error_Code + '\r\n\r\n' +
                        'Action: ' + Lasso_CurrentAction + '\r\n' +
                        'Action Params: ' + Action_Params + '\r\n' +
                        'Incident Code: ' + $incidentCode + '\r\n\r\n' +
                        'Client IP: ' + Client_Address + '\r\n' +
                        'Client Type: ' + Client_type + '\r\n\r\n' +
                        'When: ' + date);
?>
--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


12