Max Execution Time

David Singleton-4
Hey guys I'm trying to shut off the timeout on lasso.  I've done it
through the SiteAdmin console, and I've changed it on IIS to not timeout
for 1200 seconds.  (Yes I realize that this could cause issues later.)

Is there something I'm missing?  It still times out after 2 minutes or
120 seconds.  I've restarted the service thinking maybe that was the
issue but still no dice.  Any suggestions?

Thank You,
David Singleton
Product Development
660-258-2104 X4314

Re: Max Execution Time

Eric Landmann
David Singleton <[hidden email]> wrote on Wednesday, October 17, 2007:

>Hey guys I'm trying to shut off the timeout on lasso.  I've done it
>through the SiteAdmin console, and I've changed it on IIS to not timeout
>for 1200 seconds.  (Yes I realize that this could cause issues later.)
>
>Is there something I'm missing?  It still times out after 2 minutes or
>120 seconds.  I've restarted the service thinking maybe that was the
>issue but still no dice.  Any suggestions?

Try this at the top of the page:

// Set Execution Limit to none (will run forever)
Lasso_ExecutionTimeLimit: 0;

--Eric

Re: Max Execution Time

James Harvard
>Hey guys I'm trying to shut off the timeout on lasso.  I've done it
>through the SiteAdmin console, and I've changed it on IIS to not timeout
>for 1200 seconds.  (Yes I realize that this could cause issues later.)
>
>Is there something I'm missing?  It still times out after 2 minutes or
>120 seconds.  I've restarted the service thinking maybe that was the
>issue but still no dice.  Any suggestions?

You're probably running into the Lasso Web Server Connector having its own timeout. I don't know whether this can be altered or not, I'm afraid, but it might get you looking in the right direction.

James

Re: Max Execution Time

David Singleton wrote on 10/17/2007 8:17 AM:
> Hey guys I'm trying to shut off the timeout on lasso.  I've done it
> through the SiteAdmin console, and I've changed it on IIS to not timeout
> for 1200 seconds.  (Yes I realize that this could cause issues later.)
>
> Is there something I'm missing?  It still times out after 2 minutes or
> 120 seconds.  I've restarted the service thinking maybe that was the
> issue but still no dice.  Any suggestions?

The timeout between Lasso and the webserver (which ultimately affects how long a browser can wait for a response from the server) is hardcoded into the Lasso connector.  With IIS, you can actually use [server_push] to keep the connection alive, assuming your code lends itself to incremental updates.  Otherwise, the next best solution is to create a "results" page that the user can visit to retrieve the data, once Lasso has finished (this involves storing the results of the long task into a file or db table).

As for the hardcoded timeout, it's been feature requested to allow that to be configurable, but it wouldn't hurt to do it again if you were interested in such a feature.

Re: Max Execution Time

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 10/17/07 at 8:17 AM, [hidden email] (David
Singleton) wrote:

>Hey guys I'm trying to shut off the timeout on lasso.  I've done it
>through the SiteAdmin console, and I've changed it on IIS to not timeout
>for 1200 seconds.  (Yes I realize that this could cause issues later.)
>
>Is there something I'm missing?  It still times out after 2 minutes or
>120 seconds.  I've restarted the service thinking maybe that was the
>issue but still no dice.  Any suggestions?

You should be able to override the default by editing or
creating a Lasso8ISAPI.conf file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\.  Add
"timeout XXXX" to that file where the timeout is in seconds and
restart the IIS service.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: Max Execution Time

Bil Corry-3
Fletcher Sandbeck wrote on 10/17/2007 10:57 AM:
> You should be able to override the default by editing or creating a
> Lasso8ISAPI.conf file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\.  Add "timeout XXXX" to
> that file where the timeout is in seconds and restart the IIS service.

Wow, how did I not know about this?  How do I do the same for Apache on Windows and Apache on Mac?

Re: Max Execution Time

David Singleton-4
Did this and its still not working
I get:
Lasso Error
Lasso Connector could not communicate with Lasso Service.
Connection timed out.

I'm calling the page with ajax, if that matters.

Thank You,
David Singleton
Product Development
660-258-2104 X4314

On 10/17/07 at 11:02 AM, [hidden email] (Bil Corry) wrote:

>Fletcher Sandbeck wrote on 10/17/2007 10:57 AM:
>>You should be able to override the default by editing or
>>creating a Lasso8ISAPI.conf file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\.  Add
>>"timeout XXXX" to that file where the timeout is in seconds
>>and restart the IIS service.
>
>Wow, how did I not know about this?  How do I do the same for Apache
>on Windows and Apache on Mac?

On Mac the configuration file for Apache 1.3 is
/etc/lasso/lasso8apache.conf and for WebSTAR is /etc/lasso/Lasso8WebSTAR.conf.

I cannot find a corresponding option for Apache 2 on either platform.

Fletcher Sandbeck wrote on 10/17/2007 11:12 AM:
> I cannot find a corresponding option for Apache 2 on either platform.

Ok, so I'm not entirely wrong :)  I'm using Apache 2.2 nowadays.

Re: Max Execution Time

David Singleton-4
I was wrong before, it stops at 90 seconds, and I can't find a setting
anywhere that has a 90 second timeout.  Any ideas?

Thank You,
David Singleton
Product Development
660-258-2104 X4314

Singleton) wrote:

>Hey guys I'm trying to shut off the timeout on lasso.  I've done it
>through the SiteAdmin console, and I've changed it on IIS to not
>timeout for 1200 seconds.  (Yes I realize that this could cause issues
>later.)
>
>Is there something I'm missing?  It still times out after 2 minutes or
>120 seconds.  I've restarted the service thinking maybe that was the
>issue but still no dice.  Any suggestions?

You should be able to override the default by editing or creating a
Lasso8ISAPI.conf file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\.  Add "timeout XXXX" to
that file where the timeout is in seconds and restart the IIS service.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: Max Execution Time

Michael Benedict
David,

Not sure the task you are trying to accomplish when you run into the time
out, But I had this issue with Customer Downloads when their data grew too
large, And by the way when the timeout occurred it many times brought my
server down as well. :(

Anyway, Now I simply Schedule a Lasso Event when the file became too large.

Works like a charm, and never an issue. Let me know if you are interested in
knowing more.

FYI: I run IIS with Filemaker Advanced... And I have tried everything to
change the timeout and nothing ever worked. Probably me:)

Cheers,
Michael

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/ Search

Re: Max Execution Time

David Singleton-4
I got a process work around to stop this from happening.  But I'd still
like to know how you got this to work.  How did you schedule an event to
download data to the customer?  Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Thank You,
David Singleton
Product Development
660-258-2104 X4314

Singleton) wrote:

>Hey guys I'm trying to shut off the timeout on lasso.  I've done it
>through the SiteAdmin console, and I've changed it on IIS to not
>timeout for 1200 seconds.  (Yes I realize that this could cause issues
>later.)
>
>Is there something I'm missing?  It still times out after 2 minutes or
>120 seconds.  I've restarted the service thinking maybe that was the
>issue but still no dice.  Any suggestions?

You should be able to override the default by editing or creating a
Lasso8ISAPI.conf file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\.  Add "timeout XXXX" to
that file where the timeout is in seconds and restart the IIS service.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: Max Execution Time

Michael Benedict
David,

The Key is to save the Action_params from the found set of the download.

Goes like this:

Customer initiates find:

If found count is = or < 500 then the File is built and the customer can
download it after it completes in the browser.

If found count is ABOVE 500 then I define a Global and set the value of the
Global to the current Action_Params.
No find or file build occurs

An event is scheduled and the document called uses this global to execute
the same find requested by the customer, builds the file and saves it to a
certain directory.

An email is sent to the User/Customer making the request that their request
is ready to download.

User returns to your web site/application and downloads the completed
document.

In the doc you Schedule you can clear the Globals defined and start over
again.

This is the basic concept, but I have this running so it can handle multiple
requests from different or the same client.

If this sounds like something that would help you, let me know and I will
send you all the specifics.

Singleton) wrote:

>Hey guys I'm trying to shut off the timeout on lasso.  I've done it
>through the SiteAdmin console, and I've changed it on IIS to not
>timeout for 1200 seconds.  (Yes I realize that this could cause issues
>later.)
>
>Is there something I'm missing?  It still times out after 2 minutes or
>120 seconds.  I've restarted the service thinking maybe that was the
>issue but still no dice.  Any suggestions?

You should be able to override the default by editing or creating a
Lasso8ISAPI.conf file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\.  Add "timeout XXXX" to that
file where the timeout is in seconds and restart the IIS service.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/ Search

This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/ Search

Error being seen Anyone understand this one

Michael Benedict

Hello,

Here is the error I am seeing on my Lasso console.

Detail   Script Error: -9963 Invalid password

I seems simple, but I do not know why it is occuring?

Any ideas