Math_Round tag

lasso_noob
I am trying to use the [Math_Round] tag to round off a large number
like 28374.  I want to output only 28000.  But when I use this tag I
get some very strange numbers.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Re: Math_Round tag

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 10/29/07 at 1:05 PM, [hidden email] (Victor
Jackson) wrote:

>I am trying to use the [Math_Round] tag to round off a large number
>like 28374. I want to output only 28000.  But when I use this tag I
>get some very strange numbers.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Make sure that the second parameter contains only a single 1.
It should be a number like 100, 1000, 0.01, 0.001, etc.

[Math_Round: 28374, 1000]

Otherwise, please send your code to the list or
<[hidden email]> and we will look at it.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: Math_Round tag

lasso_noob
I have already done as you suggested, but I only received even
stranger numbers. but I will do as you ask and cc:[hidden email].

my code is
[Math_Round: 29274, 1000]

My output is

Re: Math_Round tag

Mr. Bret Williams
[Math_Round: 28374, 1000]

(With LP 8.5)

On Oct 29, 2007, at 11:05 AM, Victor Jackson wrote:

> I am trying to use the [Math_Round] tag to round off a large number
> like 28374.  I want to output only 28000.  But when I use this tag
> I get some very strange numbers.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Bret Williams
Novusweb

www.Novusweb.com

760.942.3773 voice
866.668.8793 toll-free

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or disseminate
this information.  Please contact the sender by reply immediately and
destroy all copies of the original message including all
attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Re: Math_Round tag

Göran Törnquist-2
It seems that you have an output of the 29274
somewhere after the code fragment you showed. The
strange number you have appears to be a
concatenation of the (correctly) rounded number
and the original number.

/Göran

--
-----------------
Göran Törnquist

0733-86 04 70

believed to be clean.

Re: Math_Round tag

lasso_noob
You were right.  Thanks.  I was aborting the script to test it, but
the variable was called again.  Thanks for the help.

Re: Math_Round tag

Jussi Hirvi
Victor Jackson ([hidden email]) kirjoitteli (29.10.2007 20:15):
> I have already done as you suggested, but I only received even
> stranger numbers. but I will do as you ask and cc:[hidden email].
>
> my code is
> [Math_Round: 29274, 1000]
>
> My output is
> 2900029274

Did you notice that the output is the rounded input + original input. Check
your code for what might output the original input.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland