Making the switch Web*->Apache2

Kevin Conklin
Folks,

We are in the process of DUMPING Web*V for Apache2.  Currently
running OS X 10.4.x *Liger*/Lasso 8.1.

Installation went well including install of Lasso connector for
Apache2.  Modified httpd.conf so that the DocumentRoot was changed to
"/sites", which is where I have to directories spoken of below.

Have run into 2 snags tho:

- trying to get it to diplay index.html within directories, i.e.
http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/
      - it will display the page if page name is entered, i.e.
http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/index.html

- .lasso pages are not being handled by lasso.  checked the
lasso8.conf file which is correctly installed in /Library/Apache2/Conf/

What am I missing?

tia,
~Kevin

Re: Making the switch Web*->Apache2

Marc Pinnell-3
Here is some info on iTools which uses Apache2, maybe you can glean
something that will help?

http://www.omnipilot.com/Technical%20Notes.1792.9031.lasso

Marc

On Mar 21, 2006, at 7:36 AM, Kevin Conklin wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We are in the process of DUMPING Web*V for Apache2.  Currently
> running OS X 10.4.x *Liger*/Lasso 8.1.
>
> Installation went well including install of Lasso connector for
> Apache2.  Modified httpd.conf so that the DocumentRoot was changed
> to "/sites", which is where I have to directories spoken of below.
>
> Have run into 2 snags tho:
>
> - trying to get it to diplay index.html within directories, i.e.
> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/
>      - it will display the page if page name is entered, i.e.
> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/index.html
>

> - .lasso pages are not being handled by lasso.  checked the
> lasso8.conf file which is correctly installed in /Library/Apache2/
> Conf/
>
> What am I missing?
>
> tia,
> ~Kevin

Marc Pinnell
1027 Consulting
web << DESIGN >> print
PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
www.1027Consulting.com

Re: Making the switch Web*->Apache2

Clive Bruton

On 21 Mar 2006, at 15:36, Kevin Conklin wrote:

> - trying to get it to diplay index.html within directories, i.e.
> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/
>      - it will display the page if page name is entered, i.e.
> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/index.html

You probably need to add something like this to your config file:

        <IfModule mod_dir.c>
      DirectoryIndex index.htm
      DirectoryIndex index.html
      DirectoryIndex default.htm
      DirectoryIndex default.html
        </IfModule>

> - .lasso pages are not being handled by lasso.  checked the
> lasso8.conf file which is correctly installed in /Library/Apache2/
> Conf/

Are any file extensions being handled by Lasso?

-- Clive

On Mar 21, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Clive Bruton wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2006, at 15:36, Kevin Conklin wrote:
>
>> - trying to get it to diplay index.html within directories, i.e.
>> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/
>>      - it will display the page if page name is entered, i.e.
>> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/index.html
>
> You probably need to add something like this to your config file:
>
> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
>     DirectoryIndex index.htm
>     DirectoryIndex index.html
>     DirectoryIndex default.htm
>     DirectoryIndex default.html
> </IfModule>

I do have:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.lasso

and it does serve the page if it is located in the directoryroot.

>> - .lasso pages are not being handled by lasso.  checked the
>> lasso8.conf file which is correctly installed in /Library/Apache2/
>> Conf/
>

> Are any file extensions being handled by Lasso?

Got this working by adding the text from lasso8.conf to the end of
httpd.conf.

> -- Clive

Re: Making the switch Web*->Apache2

Greg Willits-2
On Mar 21, 2006, at 9:51 AM, Clive Bruton wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2006, at 15:36, Kevin Conklin wrote:
>
>> - trying to get it to diplay index.html within directories, i.e.
>> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/
>>      - it will display the page if page name is entered, i.e.
>> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/index.html
>
> You probably need to add something like this to your config file:
>
> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
>     DirectoryIndex index.htm
>     DirectoryIndex index.html
>     DirectoryIndex default.htm
>     DirectoryIndex default.html
> </IfModule>

FWIW, this is valid syntax too:

DirectoryIndex index.htm index.html default.htm default.html

-- gw

Re: Making the switch Web*->Apache2

Kevin Conklin
Thanks all - the issues have been resolved.  We are past that bump in
the road.  Next - virtual hosts...

~Kevin

On Mar 21, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Greg Willits wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2006, at 9:51 AM, Clive Bruton wrote:
>> On 21 Mar 2006, at 15:36, Kevin Conklin wrote:
>>
>>> - trying to get it to diplay index.html within directories, i.e.
>>> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/
>>>      - it will display the page if page name is entered, i.e.
>>> http://<ip_address>/directory1/sudirectory1/index.html
>>
>> You probably need to add something like this to your config file:
>>
>> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
>>     DirectoryIndex index.htm
>>     DirectoryIndex index.html
>>     DirectoryIndex default.htm
>>     DirectoryIndex default.html
>> </IfModule>
>

> FWIW, this is valid syntax too:
>
> DirectoryIndex index.htm index.html default.htm default.html
>
> -- gw

Re: Making the switch Web*->Apache2

Robert Carpenter
Kevin-

> Thanks all - the issues have been resolved.  We are past that bump in
> the road.  Next - virtual hosts...

I've never used Apache2, but one thing I wish I had done from the beginning
with Apache1.x is including individual site.conf files (stored in
/etc/httpd/sites/) rather than adding vhosts directly to the main httpd.conf
file. Helps keep things a lot tidier, esp. if you have a lot of hosts.

Here's some info on using include in Apache2:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#include

HTH!
-rbt-