Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8

Trevor Jacques
I'm considering using SSL on a Mac Apache box with Lasso 8.

Anyone know of a clear, simple set of instructions for
Apache/Unix-cmd-line newbies to get this going? I know that it's easy
to get port 80 up on the Mac, but the Apache.org site indicates that
I will have to use Apache-SSL instead of the default Apache
installation (the implication is that the default Mac installation of
Apache will not work for SSL and port 443).

I've not been able to find a GUI administration tool comparable to
the WebSTAR Admin GUI, but I'd appreciate knowing if any good ones
exist, since, while the command line has power, I'm just after a
simple, easy installation for one domain with SSL (at least for the
moment). I've been spoiled with WebSTAR....

BTW, I'm pretty sure that any changes to get me SSL will not affect
Lasso 8's operation.

Thanks.

T.

Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8

Pierre Laran
Trevor,

I don't know if there's a GUI to do that... but you will find a step by step
tutorial on how to use mod_ssl on apache on Mac OS X at this address :

http://developer.apple.com/internet/serverside/modssl.html

Hope this will you. It works well for us with different SSL certificates.

Pierre

Le 23/05/05 15:24, « Trevor Jacques » <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I'm considering using SSL on a Mac Apache box with Lasso 8.
>
> Anyone know of a clear, simple set of instructions for
> Apache/Unix-cmd-line newbies to get this going? I know that it's easy
> to get port 80 up on the Mac, but the Apache.org site indicates that
> I will have to use Apache-SSL instead of the default Apache
> installation (the implication is that the default Mac installation of
> Apache will not work for SSL and port 443).
>
> I've not been able to find a GUI administration tool comparable to
> the WebSTAR Admin GUI, but I'd appreciate knowing if any good ones
> exist, since, while the command line has power, I'm just after a
> simple, easy installation for one domain with SSL (at least for the
> moment). I've been spoiled with WebSTAR....
>
> BTW, I'm pretty sure that any changes to get me SSL will not affect
> Lasso 8's operation.
>
> Thanks.
>
> T.

Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8

Trevor Jacques
>Pierre wrote: you will find a step by step tutorial on how to use
>mod_ssl on apache on Mac OS X at this address

Thanks, Pierre.

T.

Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8

Pascal Geuns
> I'm considering using SSL on a Mac Apache box with Lasso 8.
>
> Anyone know of a clear, simple set of instructions for
> Apache/Unix-cmd-line newbies to get this going?

Hi Trevor,

try to have a lock at our CSR instructions at

http://www.qualityssl.com/en/support/csr_generation.html

where you will also find instructions for Apache and Mac OSX Server.

You can then also request a fully functional 30 day trial SSL
certificate, which comes with full install support ;-)

http://www.qualityssl.com/en/products/ssl_certificates/
qualityssl_trial.html

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Pascal Geuns
QualitySSL, the only Lasso driven SSL provider ;-)

Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8

Trevor Jacques
>try to have a lock at our CSR instructions

Thanks, Pascal. :-)

T.

Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8

Jess Mooers
Pascal Geuns <[hidden email]> wrote on Tuesday, May 24, 2005:

>> I'm considering using SSL on a Mac Apache box with Lasso 8.
>>
>> Anyone know of a clear, simple set of instructions for
>> Apache/Unix-cmd-line newbies to get this going?
>
>Hi Trevor,
>
>try to have a lock at our CSR instructions at
>
>http://www.qualityssl.com/en/support/csr_generation.html
>
>where you will also find instructions for Apache and Mac OSX Server.
>
>You can then also request a fully functional 30 day trial SSL
>certificate, which comes with full install support ;-)
>
>http://www.qualityssl.com/en/products/ssl_certificates/
>qualityssl_trial.html
>
>Hope that helps.
>
>Kind Regards
>Pascal Geuns
>QualitySSL, the only Lasso driven SSL provider ;-)

Trevor,

Pascal and Quality SSL offer great certs, and EXCELLENT service.  I would highly recommend using them.

Regards,
Jess Mooers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Landmann InterActive
1423 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53715
W 608-257-1558 F 608-257-8705
www.landmanninteractive.com

Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8

Eric Browning
If you want to explore the use of self-signed SSL on Mac OS X you
can't miss this article in the Apple Developer site.

http://developer.apple.com/internet/serverside/modssl.html
----
Eric Browning
CIO SkyVantage
www.skyvantage.com

On May 24, 2005, at 3:31 PM, Jess Mooers wrote:

> Pascal Geuns <[hidden email]> wrote on Tuesday, May
> 24, 2005:
>

>>> I'm considering using SSL on a Mac Apache box with Lasso 8.
>>>
>>> Anyone know of a clear, simple set of instructions for
>>> Apache/Unix-cmd-line newbies to get this going?
>>>

>> Hi Trevor,
>>
>> try to have a lock at our CSR instructions at
>>
>> http://www.qualityssl.com/en/support/csr_generation.html
>>
>> where you will also find instructions for Apache and Mac OSX Server.
>>
>> You can then also request a fully functional 30 day trial SSL
>> certificate, which comes with full install support ;-)
>>
>> http://www.qualityssl.com/en/products/ssl_certificates/
>> qualityssl_trial.html
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Pascal Geuns
>> QualitySSL, the only Lasso driven SSL provider ;-)
>>

> Trevor,
>
> Pascal and Quality SSL offer great certs, and EXCELLENT service.  I
> would highly recommend using them.
>
> Regards,
> Jess Mooers
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Landmann InterActive
> 1423 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53715
> W 608-257-1558 F 608-257-8705
> www.landmanninteractive.com

Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8

Jussi Hirvi
Has anyone tried http://www.instantssl.com/  ?

Their "Instant SSL Pro" cert is 149 Euro per 3 years (69 e for 1 year).

Thanks,
Jussi Hirvi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland

Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8

Jonathan Guthrie-5
yeah we have and they're perfectly ok for our needs :)

On 31/05/2005, at 9:18 PM, Jussi Hirvi wrote:

> Has anyone tried http://www.instantssl.com/  ?
>
> Their "Instant SSL Pro" cert is 149 Euro per 3 years (69 e for 1
> year).

Jono

/*
     Jonathan Guthrie