Load Order of LassoStartup on CentOS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Load Order of LassoStartup on CentOS

Justin Dennis-3
Lasso Team -

I'm finding that load order of files in LassoStartup is seemingly random on
CentOS compared to OS X.

Random is probably not the right way to describe it. It's consistent with
every startup, but the order seems to have been determined by something
other than alphabetical sort.

Anyone out there have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

- Justin

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Load Order of LassoStartup on CentOS

Justin Dennis-3
Well that was a total cluster. For anyone interested, here's my solution.

I re-organized our LassoStartup into the following structure:

[image: Inline image 1]

Lasso will not automatically load items whose path contains '/-' at startup
(maybe this is the LUX disable/enable thing?). My solution was to prefix by
methods, traits and types in directories named with a leading hyphen, then
use a custom definition_loader.lasso to be the only thing that runs at
startup. It ensures that the directory contents are loaded in sorted order.

definition_loader.lasso attached. A more skilled Lasso coder could
certainly do a better job than I've done here, but it got us going.

Also FYI: our /var/instances/xxx/LassoStartup is symlinked to web root,
where it is "_LassoStartup".

- Justin

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Justin Dennis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lasso Team -
>
> I'm finding that load order of files in LassoStartup is seemingly random
> on CentOS compared to OS X.
>
> Random is probably not the right way to describe it. It's consistent with
> every startup, but the order seems to have been determined by something
> other than alphabetical sort.
>
> Anyone out there have experience with this? Thanks in advance.
>
> - Justin
>


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Load Order of LassoStartup on CentOS

jasonhuck
In reply to this post by Justin Dennis-3
It's alphabetical, but it's also case sensitive, and may be sorting files
separately from folders rather than together...

- jason



On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Justin Dennis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lasso Team -
>
> I'm finding that load order of files in LassoStartup is seemingly random on
> CentOS compared to OS X.
>
> Random is probably not the right way to describe it. It's consistent with
> every startup, but the order seems to have been determined by something
> other than alphabetical sort.
>
> Anyone out there have experience with this? Thanks in advance.
>
> - Justin
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Load Order of LassoStartup on CentOS

Justin Dennis-3
Actually, it is definitely neither of these.

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, Jason Huck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's alphabetical, but it's also case sensitive, and may be sorting files
> separately from folders rather than together...
>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Load Order of LassoStartup on CentOS

jasonhuck
Do you have some of the same files in more than one LassoStartup folder?
The main folder will load first, then each of the site folders in turn. If
you have duplicates across the main and site startup folders, it could
throw off the expected load order. If you load tags into the global
namespace, then duplicates across any of the startup folders (or those
defined in LassoLibraries or even in your site code) could also be a factor.

Otherwise, if you list the same set of files with file_listdirectory, do
you get the same results? Have you added logging to each of the files to
see what the load order actually is? Can you post it here? If you 'touch'
all the files in the directory so that they have the same modification
dates, does that change the load order?

- jason



On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:24 PM, Justin Dennis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually, it is definitely neither of these.
>
> On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, Jason Huck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It's alphabetical, but it's also case sensitive, and may be sorting files
> > separately from folders rather than together...
> >
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Load Order of LassoStartup on CentOS

Trevor Borgmeier
In reply to this post by Justin Dennis-3
My guess is that it is a case-sensitivity issue with files that being
with an upper case character being processed before those with lower
case as such:

A.lasso
B.lasso
C.lasso
a.lasso
b.lasso
c.lasso

-Trevor

On 10/7/16 10:30 AM, Justin Dennis wrote:

> Lasso Team -
>
> I'm finding that load order of files in LassoStartup is seemingly random on
> CentOS compared to OS X.
>
> Random is probably not the right way to describe it. It's consistent with
> every startup, but the order seems to have been determined by something
> other than alphabetical sort.
>
> Anyone out there have experience with this? Thanks in advance.
>
> - Justin
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>    the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>

ɹǝıǝɯƃɹoq ɹoʌǝɹʇ

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Load Order of LassoStartup on CentOS

Trevor Borgmeier
Sorry, I didn't realize this was such an old post -- I must have
accidentally marked it as unread and assumed it was new. :)

-Trevor


On 4/12/18 3:54 PM, Trevor Borgmeier wrote:

> My guess is that it is a case-sensitivity issue with files that being
> with an upper case character being processed before those with lower
> case as such:
>
> A.lasso
> B.lasso
> C.lasso
> a.lasso
> b.lasso
> c.lasso
>
> -Trevor
>
> On 10/7/16 10:30 AM, Justin Dennis wrote:
>> Lasso Team -
>>
>> I'm finding that load order of files in LassoStartup is seemingly random on
>> CentOS compared to OS X.
>>
>> Random is probably not the right way to describe it. It's consistent with
>> every startup, but the order seems to have been determined by something
>> other than alphabetical sort.
>>
>> Anyone out there have experience with this? Thanks in advance.
>>
>> - Justin
>>
>> #############################################################
>>
>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>    the mailing list [hidden email]
>> Official list archives available athttp://www.lassotalk.com
>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to:<[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to<[hidden email]>
>>
>
> ɹǝıǝɯƃɹoq ɹoʌǝɹʇ


ɹǝıǝɯƃɹoq ɹoʌǝɹʇ

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Load Order of LassoStartup on CentOS

Tim Taplin
Don’t think its your fault, I just got several emails that seem to be relatively ancient from lasso talk, which just showed up in my inbox.

Tim Taplin


> On Apr 12, 2018, at 2:56 PM, Trevor Borgmeier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I didn't realize this was such an old post -- I must have accidentally marked it as unread and assumed it was new. :)
>
> -Trevor
>
>
> On 4/12/18 3:54 PM, Trevor Borgmeier wrote:
>> My guess is that it is a case-sensitivity issue with files that being with an upper case character being processed before those with lower case as such:
>>
>> A.lasso
>> B.lasso
>> C.lasso
>> a.lasso
>> b.lasso
>> c.lasso
>>
>> -Trevor
>>
>> On 10/7/16 10:30 AM, Justin Dennis wrote:
>>> Lasso Team -
>>>
>>> I'm finding that load order of files in LassoStartup is seemingly random on
>>> CentOS compared to OS X.
>>>
>>> Random is probably not the right way to describe it. It's consistent with
>>> every startup, but the order seems to have been determined by something
>>> other than alphabetical sort.
>>>
>>> Anyone out there have experience with this? Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> - Justin
>>>
>>> #############################################################
>>>
>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>>   the mailing list [hidden email]
>>> Official list archives available athttp://www.lassotalk.com
>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to:<[hidden email]>
>>> Send administrative queries to<[hidden email]>
>>>
>>
>> ɹǝıǝɯƃɹoq ɹoʌǝɹʇ
>
>
> ɹǝıǝɯƃɹoq ɹoʌǝɹʇ
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>