Lassowiki setup

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lassowiki setup

Diane Houdek
Hi folks,

I tried sending this email earlier with the contents of the lasso8.conf file, but I think some server choked on it and wouldn't let it thru, so I'm resending the message sans conf file contents.  If that would be useful, I'll see if someone else can submit it for me.  Anyway...

I have three questions:


1) Can you set up the wiki using Lasso 8.1.0 (I know, bad person I haven't run all the updates)? It's missing the Rewrite URL option in the lasso server admin, but I guess I was assuming that I could change the mod_rewrite in Apache to accomplish the same thing.


2) If one can set up the wiki on Lasso 8.1, why do I get prompted to provide the Lasso Security username and password when I access: https://mydomain/lassowiki/index.lasso

Just an aside, the wiki is set up within an intranet that uses SSL and requires a realm username and password to access.  To avoid the Lasso Security authentication prompt I had to add the lassowiki user to the intranet realm and allow that user both read and author privileges.  This means in order to use the wiki, I have to login with that realm authentication.  When I tried giving the normal user both read and author privileges, it again prompts me for the Lasso Security authentication.

3) When I use the lassowiki user and finally view the index page, I don't see any way to create a new user.  The only links on the page are Home, Recently Created Pages, Recently Modified Pages, Charter, Technology and the search box, of course none of them actually go anywhere. So am I supposed to be prompted to login at this point?


I followed all the setup instructions, except for the Rewrite URL part.  Have I done something terribly wrong??

Diane Houdek
[hidden email]


Setup Details:
Lasso: 8.1.0
MySQL: 4.1
Apache: 1.3
XServe: OS 10.4.11 server (MySQL & Apache are the default installs on Mac OS 10.4 server)


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lassowiki setup

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 4/11/08 at 9:45 AM, [hidden email] (Diane Houdek) wrote:

>1) Can you set up the wiki using Lasso 8.1.0 (I know, bad person I
>haven't run all the updates)? It's missing the Rewrite URL option in
>the lasso server admin, but I guess I was assuming that I could change
>the mod_rewrite in Apache to accomplish the same thing.

The Wiki was not designed to run in Lasso 8.1, but Lasso 8.5
code is generally backward compatible.  I don't know that it
won't run, but it certainly hasn't been tested.

The Apache directives which somebody posted a couple days ago
should work fine for the Wiki.  I went with an Apache/Lasso
solution, but an Apache only solution should work just as well.  
However, you may need to add ".*" to the list of file extensions
which Lasso can process so that it doesn't throw up a security
prompt on the extensionless pages.

>2) If one can set up the wiki on Lasso 8.1, why do I get prompted to
>provide the Lasso Security username and password when I access:
>https://mydomain/lassowiki/index.lasso
>
>Just an aside, the wiki is set up within an intranet that uses SSL and
>requires a realm username and password to access.  To avoid the Lasso
>Security authentication prompt I had to add the lassowiki user to the
>intranet realm and allow that user both read and author
>privileges. This means in order to use the wiki, I have to
>login with that realm
>authentication.  When I tried giving the normal user both read and
>author privileges, it again prompts me for the Lasso Security
>authentication.

The inlines in the Wiki all specify a username and password.  If
you are allowing ANYUSER permission to the database then you'd
want to set the username to "anonymous" and the password to
blank "".  Otherwise, the inlines will attempt to run with a
different permission and might throw an error.

>3) When I use the lassowiki user and finally view the index page, I
>don't see any way to create a new user.  The only links on the page
>are Home, Recently Created Pages, Recently Modified Pages, Charter,
>Technology and the search box, of course none of them actually go
>anywhere. So am I supposed to be prompted to login at this point?

There should be a "Login" button at the top right of the page.  
Also, if you attempt to create or edit a page it will ask you to
log in.

>I followed all the setup instructions, except for the Rewrite URL
>part.  Have I done something terribly wrong??

The rewrite is essential since that's the only way to view pages
on the Wiki.  Once you get that working I think the site will
work better.

[fletcher]

--
Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/