Lasso9.3 - LDAP/AD confusion and errors

Steven McIntosh
NOTE: this is the third time I have setup an Active Directory authentication for a website. The first, on a Mac, had too many issues and I couldn’t get it to work reliably. We moved the entire installation to IIS as we had several we could use—this works as expected every time. The client is now moving everything to a Linux server and I’m having trouble.

I am able to connect to the AD server, but when authenticating VALID credentials the entire Lasso instance crashes and restarts—if I use invalid credentials I get the appropriate response (I think). I have tried using a few different sample code tests and the worst case was that a VALID authentication crashes Lux and it will not come back up and must be restarted manually.

SYSTEM INFO:
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
Apache 2.4.7
Lasso 9.3

TEST CODE 1 (this is the code that works on IIS):
local(username) = ‘USERNAME'
local(password) = ‘PASSWORD'
local(my_ldap) = LDAP
local(path) = ‘DOMAIN\\' + #username
#my_ldap->open('10.176.2.10')
protect
        #my_ldap->authenticate(#path,#password)
        local(valid) = true
        handle_error
                local(valid) = false
        /handle_error
/protect
#my_ldap->close
output(#valid)
RESULTS:
        valid credentials = no output; no value for #valid; instance crashes
        invalid credentials = correct output; “true” value for #valid; instance crashes

TEST CODE 2:
local(username) = ‘USERNAME'
local(password) = ‘PASSWORD'
local(my_ldap) = LDAP
local(path) = ‘DOMAIN\\' + #username
#my_ldap->open('10.176.2.10')
#my_ldap->authenticate(#path,#password)
#my_ldap->close
RESULTS:
        valid credentials = instance crash
        invalid credentials = error page with ‘error code 49: invalid credentials’ (which is what I expect, I guess); instance is fine

TEST CODE 3:
local(username) = ‘USERNAME'
local(password) = ‘PASSWORD'
local(my_ldap) = LDAP
local(path) = ‘DOMAIN\\' + #username
#my_ldap->open('10.176.2.10')
fail_if(#my_ldap->code != 0, #my_ldap->code, 'LDAP Error ' + #my_ldap->code)
#my_ldap->authenticate(#path,#password)
fail_if(#my_ldap->code != 0, #my_ldap->code, 'LDAP Error ' + #my_ldap->code)
local(my_result) = #my_ldap->results
#my_ldap->close
output('result=' + #my_result)
RESULTS:
        valid credentials = output is “result=staticarray()”; instance crashes
        invalid credentials = error page with ‘error code 49: invalid credentials’; instance is fine

I’m I doing something completely wrong here? Does someone have code that they know works in this situation? Any information would be great as I’m going to stop beating my head on my desk for a while :)

Steve

Steven J. McIntosh
Director of Technology
Equitek, Inc. - Oak Park / Chicago