Lasso on Leopard 10.5.8 problems

Gary
I have noticed that sudo and cron changes in Leopard now have caused me to use launchd to execute scripts that used to work in cron.  I can't even stop and restart lasso nightly since cron blows up and fill my console log with nonsense stray process PGID dead job messages.  This is the same cron script I have used in Tiger for 4 years!  I can get launchd (Apples replacement for cron) to execute imports and other file cleaning functions in Filemaker Server, but startLasso and stopLasso in the Tools folder will not execute in cron and if I use 'sudo lasso8ctl restart' in launchd, Lasso stops, but will not restart.  Has anyone solved this issue?  I would like to refresh Lasso's memory once and awhile on a regular basis.  Since the real memory seems to grow and grow over time and consume everything it can get it's hands on.

Re: Lasso on Leopard 10.5.8 problems

gzasuwa
Just saw your message in 2012.  I am stuck trying to get Lasso to start after I stop it.  I am using Lingon to configure a user daemon to stop and a myagent daemon to start.  Stops just fine but not always starts.  I am reconfiguring tonight to see if lasso is up at 4:30 AM.  It better be or I am going erase all the user daemon plists, reboot and redo them.

Did you ever solve your problem?  I also have been running into lasso crashing when I issue a command to stop it. Very weird. Tech Support says lasso must have been busy and not to worry.  HA!!

Re: Lasso on Leopard 10.5.8 problems

Wade Maxfield
On 25/08/2012, at 9:03 AM, gzasuwa wrote:

> Just saw your message in 2012.  I am stuck trying to get Lasso to start after
> I stop it.  I am using Lingon to configure a user daemon to stop and a
> myagent daemon to start.  Stops just fine but not always starts.  I am
> reconfiguring tonight to see if lasso is up at 4:30 AM.  It better be or I
> am going erase all the user daemon plists, reboot and redo them.

You could use monit to do this for you.

http://www.lassosoft.com/Monitoring-Lasso-with-Monit

If you are using 8.6 then there are a few tweaks required. Steve Piercy has outlined those recently on the list.

I personally have set per Lasso Site memory limits and have each site restarted independently of the others as needed.

If you don't want to use monit, you could still use RD_lassoService_pid to get pid files for each lasso process and use those in your restart script.  Kill the site you want at 4:30am, wait a few seconds then hit a page on that site to restart it.

http://www.lassosoft.com/tagswap/detail/RD_lassoService_pid

 - Wade