Lasso Summit Video

Jim Van Heule
As requested, we are going to try and video Lasso Summit. However,
since this is the first time its being done, we are considering it an
experiment and don't promise anything at this time.

Some of the things we hope to do:

1. We hope to provide a free, live Quicktime stream of the keynote
address. This of course will be dependent on bandwidth, nda and
figuring it out in the 1 hour we have prior to the keynote.

2. We are planning on 2-3 cameras running throughout the talks
pointed at the speaker, screen and crowd with hopes to edit the
content afterwards.

3. Several people are planning on taking photos and we are even
considering doing short 30 second video cameos of each attendee as
time permits. We'd love to see all of these put on the web for viewing.

4. We plan to put together a Lasso Summit DVD set with the conference
manual (pdf), conference CD material and edited conference video.
Hopefully enough people will order that to help offset the costs
involved. If not, well. like I said, this is an experiment.

With all that said, I'd like to personally thank John May from Point
In Space and Alex Pilson from FlagShip Hosting for willing to step
forward and help to make this happen by providing video, Quicktime
streaming and editing of the footage. There selfless dedication to
the Lasso community has been incredible and if you are not using
their services now, I would strongly recommend them.

If you are interested in a Lasso Summit conference DVD package,
scream to the high heavens and let this list know.

--
Jim Van Heule
Heunox Corporation

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Rick Draper
Hi Jim,.

Definitely put me down for a DVD - I am seriously disappointed that work
commitments are preventing me attending.

The best of luck, I am sure everyone appreciates all the effort being
put in to make this a great event for everyone.

Very best regards,

Rick

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Jim Van Heule
That's one. :-)

--
Jim Van Heule
Heunox Corporation

On Jan 27, 2006, at 3:40 PM, Rick Draper wrote:

> Hi Jim,.
>
> Definitely put me down for a DVD - I am seriously disappointed that
> work
> commitments are preventing me attending.
>
> The best of luck, I am sure everyone appreciates all the effort being
> put in to make this a great event for everyone.
>
> Very best regards,
>

> Rick

Paul Melia
Make that 2 orders!
Stuck in NYC with UN Projects but would be there if I could!

As for broadcasting...
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/

It does work nicely - when all the other parts are in place. I have
also used Real's Helix Server and Windows Media Player when I was
with an Educational Content Creator.

Paul

On Jan 27, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Jim Van Heule wrote:

> As requested, we are going to try and video Lasso Summit. However,
> since this is the first time its being done, we are considering it
> an experiment and don't promise anything at this time.
>
> Some of the things we hope to do:
>
> 1. We hope to provide a free, live Quicktime stream of the keynote
> address. This of course will be dependent on bandwidth, nda and
> figuring it out in the 1 hour we have prior to the keynote.
>
> 2. We are planning on 2-3 cameras running throughout the talks
> pointed at the speaker, screen and crowd with hopes to edit the
> content afterwards.
>
> 3. Several people are planning on taking photos and we are even
> considering doing short 30 second video cameos of each attendee as
> time permits. We'd love to see all of these put on the web for
> viewing.
>
> 4. We plan to put together a Lasso Summit DVD set with the
> conference manual (pdf), conference CD material and edited
> conference video. Hopefully enough people will order that to help
> offset the costs involved. If not, well. like I said, this is an
> experiment.
>
> With all that said, I'd like to personally thank John May from
> Point In Space and Alex Pilson from FlagShip Hosting for willing to
> step forward and help to make this happen by providing video,
> Quicktime streaming and editing of the footage. There selfless
> dedication to the Lasso community has been incredible and if you
> are not using their services now, I would strongly recommend them.
>
> If you are interested in a Lasso Summit conference DVD package,
> scream to the high heavens and let this list know.
>
> --
> Jim Van Heule
> Heunox Corporation
> (616) 844-0066

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Pierre Yelle

On 27-Jan-06, at 12:44 PM, Jim Van Heule wrote:

> That's one. :-)

Hey Jim,

put me down for the conference proceedings also.

Pierre Yelle

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

John May-2
Yeap, we'll be broadcasting with QuickTime Broadcaster via QuickTime
Streaming Server if the variables work out.

        - John

>Make that 2 orders!
>Stuck in NYC with UN Projects but would be there if I could!
>
>As for broadcasting...
>http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/
>
>It does work nicely - when all the other parts are in place. I have
>also used Real's Helix Server and Windows Media Player when I was
>with an Educational Content Creator.
>
>Paul
>
>On Jan 27, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Jim Van Heule wrote:
>
>>As requested, we are going to try and video Lasso Summit. However,
>>since this is the first time its being done, we are considering it
>>an experiment and don't promise anything at this time.
>>
>>Some of the things we hope to do:
>>
>>1. We hope to provide a free, live Quicktime stream of the keynote
>>address. This of course will be dependent on bandwidth, nda and
>>figuring it out in the 1 hour we have prior to the keynote.
>>
>>2. We are planning on 2-3 cameras running throughout the talks
>>pointed at the speaker, screen and crowd with hopes to edit the
>>content afterwards.
>>
>>3. Several people are planning on taking photos and we are even
>>considering doing short 30 second video cameos of each attendee as
>>time permits. We'd love to see all of these put on the web for
>>viewing.
>>
>>4. We plan to put together a Lasso Summit DVD set with the
>>conference manual (pdf), conference CD material and edited
>>conference video. Hopefully enough people will order that to help
>>offset the costs involved. If not, well. like I said, this is an
>>experiment.
>>
>>With all that said, I'd like to personally thank John May from
>>Point In Space and Alex Pilson from FlagShip Hosting for willing to
>>step forward and help to make this happen by providing video,
>>Quicktime streaming and editing of the footage. There selfless
>>dedication to the Lasso community has been incredible and if you
>>are not using their services now, I would strongly recommend them.
>>
>>If you are interested in a Lasso Summit conference DVD package,
>>scream to the high heavens and let this list know.
>>
>>--
>>Jim Van Heule
>>Heunox Corporation
>>(616) 844-0066

John May : President                  <http://www.pointinspace.com>
Point In Space Internet Solutions             [hidden email]

       Professional Lasso / PHP / MySQL / FileMaker Pro Hosting

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Brian K. Middendorf
> That's one. :-)

Me too.

-brian.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Jim Van Heule
Oh miles. You are so planned to be on the DVD. We all are dying to
see and hear the real you.

--
Jim Van Heule
Heunox Corporation

On Jan 27, 2006, at 4:54 PM, m i l e s wrote:

> Add my name to the list.
>
> M i l e s.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

m i l e s-4
JVH,

I see....my reputation precedes me.

Damn...and I thought I was gonna slip in and out and no one would
notice the pink elephant in the room....damn, damn, damn, damn.

Oh well.  In that case, as my grandmother used to say, If you're
going to the party and they're expecting you, you may as well GO IN
STYLE and MAKE AN ENTRANCE they'll never forgot.

M i l e s.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Greg Hemphill
I'm interested, but my purchase will depend on the price.  If it's
going to be priced something like a DVD movie ($20 or less) then I
will buy one.  If it's going to be premium priced, say $300 or such,
then I'll pass.

Would you be offering a discount to those who attend vs. those who
don't?

Greg  Hemphill

On Jan 27, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Greg Hemphill wrote:
> Would you be offering a discount to those who attend vs. those who
> don't?

An "at show" price for attendees is being considered.

--
Jim Van Heule
Heunox Corporation
(616) 844-0066

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Bil Corry
> MAKE AN ENTRANCE they'll never forgot

No thongs allowed.

- Bil

------

Bil Corry
[hidden email]

Enterprise internet application development and security consulting
  http://www.fivegeeks.com/

Tools for Rapid Lasso Development
  http://www.lassoware.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Jason Pettis
I'd buy one.

On Jan 27, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Greg Hemphill wrote:
> Would you be offering a discount to those who attend vs. those who
> don't?

An "at show" price for attendees is being considered.

--
Jim Van Heule
Heunox Corporation
(616) 844-0066

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

m i l e s-4
Bil,

I promise.  NO THONGS, on me.

M i l e s.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Adam Richardson-2
Definitely interested here Jim.

I'd be surprised if there is also not demand for a DVD after the event
from summit attendees - it's hard to take everything in at a conference
like the summit, and it's very handy to have a DVD to refer to
afterwards.

- Adam

On 28/01/2006, at 7:18 AM, Jim Van Heule wrote:

> As requested, we are going to try and video Lasso Summit. However,
> since this is the first time its being done, we are considering it an
> experiment and don't promise anything at this time.
>
> Some of the things we hope to do:
>
> 1. We hope to provide a free, live Quicktime stream of the keynote
> address. This of course will be dependent on bandwidth, nda and
> figuring it out in the 1 hour we have prior to the keynote.
>
> 2. We are planning on 2-3 cameras running throughout the talks pointed
> at the speaker, screen and crowd with hopes to edit the content
> afterwards.
>
> 3. Several people are planning on taking photos and we are even
> considering doing short 30 second video cameos of each attendee as
> time permits. We'd love to see all of these put on the web for
> viewing.
>
> 4. We plan to put together a Lasso Summit DVD set with the conference
> manual (pdf), conference CD material and edited conference video.
> Hopefully enough people will order that to help offset the costs
> involved. If not, well. like I said, this is an experiment.
>
> With all that said, I'd like to personally thank John May from Point
> In Space and Alex Pilson from FlagShip Hosting for willing to step
> forward and help to make this happen by providing video, Quicktime
> streaming and editing of the footage. There selfless dedication to the
> Lasso community has been incredible and if you are not using their
> services now, I would strongly recommend them.
>
> If you are interested in a Lasso Summit conference DVD package, scream
> to the high heavens and let this list know.
>
> --
> Jim Van Heule
> Heunox Corporation
> (616) 844-0066

~~~~

Adam Richardson

CEO, Waenick Pty Ltd
Security Consultant, FiveGeeks
http://www.fivegeeks.com

Waenick Pty Ltd is a privately owned database, data security and online
application development company.

We combine databases like mySQL, Oracle and 4D with Blueworld
Communications' Lasso Professional 7 database middleware to
produce intelligent, adaptive database driven business intranet and
internet applications.

We also provide a range of data security services including penetration
testing, application source code audits and network security audits
with full compliance with the remote auditing and testing requirements
of ISO 17799 (BS7799) and ISO 17799-2000 for information security
testing.

Skunkworks One is a division of Waenick Pty Ltd

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

bfr00
> If you are interested in a Lasso Summit conference DVD package,
> scream to the high heavens and let this list know.

I'd like to hear about expected price but I'll probably take one.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Nikolaj de Fine Licht
I would definitely like to buy one.

/nikolaj

On 27. jan 2006, at 21:18, Jim Van Heule wrote:

> 4. We plan to put together a Lasso Summit DVD set with the
> conference manual (pdf), conference CD material and edited
> conference video. Hopefully enough people will order that to help
> offset the costs involved. If not, well. like I said, this is an
> experiment.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Yes for the DVD
On Jan 29, 2006, at 1:57 PM, Bruce Robertson wrote:

>> If you are interested in a Lasso Summit conference DVD package,
>> scream to the high heavens and let this list know.
>
> I'd like to hear about expected price but I'll probably take one.

> Attend the Lasso Summit
> February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
> http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Lasso Summit Video

Lars Skage
A DVD sounds interesting.
/lars
2006-01-27 kl. 21.18 skrev Jim Van Heule:

> As requested, we are going to try and video Lasso Summit. However,
> since this is the first time its being done, we are considering it an
> experiment and don't promise anything at this time.
>
> Some of the things we hope to do:
>
> 1. We hope to provide a free, live Quicktime stream of the keynote
> address. This of course will be dependent on bandwidth, nda and
> figuring it out in the 1 hour we have prior to the keynote.
>
> 2. We are planning on 2-3 cameras running throughout the talks pointed
> at the speaker, screen and crowd with hopes to edit the content
> afterwards.
>
> 3. Several people are planning on taking photos and we are even
> considering doing short 30 second video cameos of each attendee as
> time permits. We'd love to see all of these put on the web for
> viewing.
>
> 4. We plan to put together a Lasso Summit DVD set with the conference
> manual (pdf), conference CD material and edited conference video.
> Hopefully enough people will order that to help offset the costs
> involved. If not, well. like I said, this is an experiment.
>
> With all that said, I'd like to personally thank John May from Point
> In Space and Alex Pilson from FlagShip Hosting for willing to step
> forward and help to make this happen by providing video, Quicktime
> streaming and editing of the footage. There selfless dedication to the
> Lasso community has been incredible and if you are not using their
> services now, I would strongly recommend them.
>
> If you are interested in a Lasso Summit conference DVD package, scream
> to the high heavens and let this list know.
>
> --
> Jim Van Heule
> Heunox Corporation
> (616) 844-0066

--------
Lars Skage              Epost: [hidden email]
Mallverkstan AB         Tel: 046-23 52 55
Sl√∂jdgatan 2            Fax: 046-23 52 51
227 36 LUND             Webb: http://www.mallverkstan.se
--------