Lasso Summit Extracurricular Activities

stevepiercy
Please reply to this thread with other things to do.

Scuba Diving (for certified or non-certified divers)
<http://www.us1scuba.com/>
For the non-certified, $180 includes Discover Scuba class (1 hour), pool training (1 hour), and 2 dives.  Transportation included from class to pool to boat and back to shop.

My wife and I are diving Monday, March 5.  Please contact me off-list if you want to join us.

Other things to do
----------------------------
Top Ten Ways to Find Adventure in Greater Fort Lauderdale:
<http://www.sunny.org/media/index.cfm?action=showArticle&articleID=388>

Aloha water sports offers kayaking, jet skis, parasailing, windsurfing, surf boards and more.
<http://hometown.aol.com/kimdillon1/ALOHA.html>

Sat, Mar 3, 6:20 PM (moonrise)
Eclipse "presentation" at Lasso Summit:
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEplot/LEplot2001/LE2007Mar03T.GIF
We will be in the U2 - U3 area.

Vegetarian Dining at Sublime:
<http://www.sublimerestaurant.com/>

<[hidden email]>                   <http://www.StevePiercy.com>

Re: Lasso Summit Extracurricular Activities

Brian Loomis-2
there's this place:

http://www.coralcastle.com/

On Feb 15, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> Please reply to this thread with other things to do.
>

> Scuba Diving (for certified or non-certified divers)
> <http://www.us1scuba.com/>
> For the non-certified, $180 includes Discover Scuba class (1 hour),
> pool training (1 hour), and 2 dives.  Transportation included from
> class to pool to boat and back to shop.
>
> My wife and I are diving Monday, March 5.  Please contact me off-
> list if you want to join us.
>

> Other things to do
> ----------------------------
> Top Ten Ways to Find Adventure in Greater Fort Lauderdale:
> <http://www.sunny.org/media/index.cfm?
> action=showArticle&articleID=388>
>
> Aloha water sports offers kayaking, jet skis, parasailing,
> windsurfing, surf boards and more.
> <http://hometown.aol.com/kimdillon1/ALOHA.html>
>
> Sat, Mar 3, 6:20 PM (moonrise)
> Eclipse "presentation" at Lasso Summit:
> http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEplot/LEplot2001/
> LE2007Mar03T.GIF
> We will be in the U2 - U3 area.
>
> Vegetarian Dining at Sublime:
> <http://www.sublimerestaurant.com/>
>
> --steve
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                   <http://www.StevePiercy.com>

Re: Lasso Summit Extracurricular Activities

Fletcher Sandbeck
Las Olas Boulevard, which is the street the hotel is on, has a lot of
interesting shops and restaurants and bars and a 7-11 and a Starbucks.
<http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/>

The Fort Lauderdale Museum of Art is just up Los Olas from the hotel,
away from the beach.
<http://www.moafl.org/>

There's a bus right out in front of the hotel which whisks you down to
the beach.  There are a lot of restaurants on the beach and tourist
shops.
<http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/new/beach.htm>
<http://www.galleryatbeachplace.com/>

The water bus also stops near the hotel and will take you several
interesting places.  I think the hotel is stop 9.
<http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp>

Apprently it also goes to Oklahoma City, but I'm not sure that works
exactly.

Re: Lasso Summit Extracurricular Activities

Jim Van Heule-3
On Feb 15, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:
> The water bus also stops near the hotel and will take you several
> interesting places.  I think the hotel is stop 9.
> <http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp>
>
> Apprently it also goes to Oklahoma City, but I'm not sure that works
> exactly.

Now that would be a trip.

I did take the water taxi last year and it was a nice relaxing trip
while being able to see the area.

--
Jim Van Heule
Heunox Corporation

Re: Lasso Summit Extracurricular Activities

Greg Hemphill
ZOMG  a 7-11 & a Starbucks!  Will wonders never cease!

On Feb 15, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:

> Las Olas Boulevard, which is the street the hotel is on, has a lot of
> interesting shops and restaurants and bars and a 7-11 and a Starbucks.
> <http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/>
>
> The Fort Lauderdale Museum of Art is just up Los Olas from the hotel,
> away from the beach.
> <http://www.moafl.org/>
>
> There's a bus right out in front of the hotel which whisks you down to
> the beach.  There are a lot of restaurants on the beach and tourist
> shops.
> <http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/new/beach.htm>
> <http://www.galleryatbeachplace.com/>
>
> The water bus also stops near the hotel and will take you several
> interesting places.  I think the hotel is stop 9.
> <http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp>
>
> Apprently it also goes to Oklahoma City, but I'm not sure that works
> exactly.
>
> [fletcher]

Re: Lasso Summit Extracurricular Activities

Viaduct Productions
Developer trade show highlights, eh?  I laughed as well, but then
thought of the crowd.  Sales of Mountain Dew and Stout will be
unnecessarily high.

On Feb 15, 2007, at 10:32 PM, Greg Hemphill wrote:

> ZOMG  a 7-11 & a Starbucks!  Will wonders never cease!

Rich in Toronto

Append to file

Jeremy Reynolds-2
In unix, there's a very easy way to append to a file

echo "hello world" > test.txt    (write over existing)

vs

echo "hello world" >> test.txt (appends to existing contents)

---------------------------------
I would like to do the same in Lasso but not sure if there's an easy
way to do it.  This is what I have so far but this writes over what
is in there:

[Var:'Text'=(Action_Param: 'x')]
[Var:'File'=(File: 'x.txt', File_OpenWrite, File_ModeLine)]
[$File->(Write: $Text)]
[$File->Close]

Re: Append to file

Fletcher Sandbeck
> In unix, there's a very easy way to append to a file
>
> echo "hello world" > test.txt    (write over existing)
>
> vs
>
> echo "hello world" >> test.txt (appends to existing contents)
>
> ---------------------------------
> I would like to do the same in Lasso but not sure if there's an easy
> way to do it.  This is what I have so far but this writes over what
> is in there:
>
> [Var:'Text'=(Action_Param: 'x')]
> [Var:'File'=(File: 'x.txt', File_OpenWrite, File_ModeLine)]
> [$File->(Write: $Text)]
> [$File->Close]

You should be able to use the mode File_OpenWriteAppend.

Director of Product Development       http://www.lassostudio.com
OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com

Re: Append to file

Jussi Hirvi
Jeremy Reynolds ([hidden email]) kirjoitteli (22.2.2007
18:14):

> I would like to do the same in Lasso but not sure if there's an easy
> way to do it.  This is what I have so far but this writes over what
> is in there:
>
> [Var:'Text'=(Action_Param: 'x')]
> [Var:'File'=(File: 'x.txt', File_OpenWrite, File_ModeLine)]
> [$File->(Write: $Text)]
> [$File->Close]

You could try the [File_Write] tag. It should append by default, unless
-FileOverwrite is stated.

- Jussi H.

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland