Lasso Summit '16

Lasso Talk
Hi all,

when will this year the Lasso Summit?

Thanks

Lubos

Re: Lasso Summit '16

Bil Corry-3
Funny, I just sent Sean a message a couple of days ago suggesting looking at an online conference offering. Getting together in person is great, but an online conference would allow more participation and is far less work to setup.

- Bil

> On Jun 5, 2016, at 9:02 AM, "Lassozone.com: LassoTalk" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> when will this year the Lasso Summit?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lubos

Re: Lasso Summit '16

Lasso Talk
Why do I feel that Lasso has low priority? Almost no new developments,
being kept alive, when shall be exitus. :-)

btw: Sean knows that is possible to meet at the Summit and to be online.
Now it is the year 2016 :-)

Lubos

--
*Best Regards*

*Lubos Vörös*
*
**
**BULL**SOFT LTD*
145-157 ST JOHN STREET
EC1V 4PW  LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM*
*E-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Mobile: +421.948.636.404

Re: Lasso Summit '16

Sean Stephens-2
Y'all

An online conference sounds interesting, and certainly worth exploring.

We ceased running a full in-person conference as the total cost was prohibitively high vs. the number of people interested in attending. It wasn't a prioritization thing, it was a math thing. But certainly, as Lubos and Bil have pointed out, perhaps in-person conferences are potentially anachronistic. They have the internet on computers now, I hear.

Admittedly, the genius of Lasso has been leveraged in new stomping grounds and is having quite a remarkable growth curve (read: as a framework for Swift). From the regular emails I've responded to over the last few months, I get the feeling that people are feeling like Lasso is the first-born child who really doesn't like the idea of the newborn baby. We don't not love the first child, nor do we plan to throw it out in the cold and stop feeding it - but the newborn is certainly bright and shiny in these first few months, and is requiring a lot of immediate attention. Cooing and ogling and peekaboo makes the first child feel ignored.

In the long run - having a popular blood sibling will be a very positive thing, for reasons I won't go into here. I think the Lasso team has learned more in the last year than in the last decade, by experimenting in new arenas. What new developments are missing from 9? Happy to start discussing what's "missing".

As for the bi-yearly "Is Lasso Going To Die" discussions, which I'm also heard a few times in the last few weeks - I believe there are at least two solid decades of literature discussing the theory, no need to reiterate it the various points here. There isn't the leaps-and-bounds progress from a few years ago - but there doesn't need to be at this time, everyone is just cranking away. Lasso 9 is still amazing, widely used, and stable as a rock. A few things have shifted, opportunities have increased, but nothing has changed.

Recommendations for a conference are welcome!

Onwards!

Sean Stephens
CEO
LassoSoft Inc.
http://www.lassosoft.com

On Jun 5, 2016, at 5:41 AM, Lassozone.com: LassoTalk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why do I feel that Lasso has low priority? Almost no new developments, being kept alive, when shall be exitus. :-)
>
> btw: Sean knows that is possible to meet at the Summit and to be online. Now it is the year 2016 :-)
>
> Lubos
>> Bil Corry <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> 5. júna 2016 10:21
>> Funny, I just sent Sean a message a couple of days ago suggesting looking at an online conference offering. Getting together in person is great, but an online conference would allow more participation and is far less work to setup.
>>
>> - Bil

>> Send administrative queries to <[hidden email]>
>> Lassozone.com: LassoTalk <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> 5. júna 2016 9:02
>> Hi all,
>>
>> when will this year the Lasso Summit?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Lubos
>
> --
> *Best Regards*
>

> *Lubos Vörös*
> *
> **
> **BULL**SOFT LTD*
> 145-157 ST JOHN STREET
> EC1V 4PW  LONDON
> UNITED KINGDOM*
> *E-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Mobile: +421.948.636.404

Re: Re: Lasso Summit '16

Jordon Davidson
Greetings,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that I will be out of the office from:

Friday, June3 , 2016, returning Monday, June 6, 2016.

If your matter is urgent, please call the office during regular business hours and speak with Jim Leavitt (extension 104) or email [hidden email].

If you are an existing client requiring website or network support, please email [hidden email]

Thank you,

Jordon Davidson
Senior Developer
905-836-4442  ext: 102

Treefrog Inc.
905-836-4442
567 Davis Drive, Newmarket, ON
www.treefrog.ca - @Treefrog

Re: Lasso Summit '16

Another option for a less expensive in-person conference is Sean's backyard:

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/80379376-couple-in-tent-with-laptop-computer-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=7hl4neo9fLErnsf%2FjmePv7tkgF4K5RUhKFy4cEzLXxo%2B13%2FEzt%2F%2Fdn4rW4Lym9mj

Bring your own extension cord.

- Bil

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:22 AM, Sean Stephens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> less work to setup.
> >>
> >> - Bil

> >> Send administrative queries to <[hidden email]>
> >> Lassozone.com: LassoTalk <mailto:[hidden email]>
> >> 5. júna 2016 9:02
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> when will this year the Lasso Summit?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Lubos
> >
> > --
> > *Best Regards*
> >

> > *Lubos Vörös*
> > *
> > **
> > **BULL**SOFT LTD*
> > 145-157 ST JOHN STREET
> > EC1V 4PW  LONDON
> > UNITED KINGDOM*
> > *E-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> > Mobile: +421.948.636.404

> > Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

Marc Vos-3
Nice Nice Nice
But new child or not, when's my Windows 2012 issue with Lasso 9.3.1 due to be resolved?
As you may read between the lines, I'm not happy.

- -Sorry,
Marc

On Jun 5, 2016, at 5:41 AM, Lassozone.com: LassoTalk  wrote:

> Why do I feel that Lasso has low priority? Almost no new developments, being kept alive, when shall be exitus. :-)
>
> btw: Sean knows that is possible to meet at the Summit and to be online. Now it is the year 2016 :-)
>
> Lubos
>> Bil Corry
>> 5. júna 2016 10:21
>> Funny, I just sent Sean a message a couple of days ago suggesting looking at an online conference offering. Getting together in person is great, but an online conference would allow more participation and is far less work to setup.
>>
>> - Bil

>> Send administrative queries to
>> Lassozone.com: LassoTalk
>> 5. júna 2016 9:02
>> Hi all,
>>
>> when will this year the Lasso Summit?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Lubos
>
> --
> *Best Regards*
>

> *Lubos Vörös*
> *
> **
> **BULL**SOFT LTD*
> 145-157 ST JOHN STREET
> EC1V 4PW  LONDON
> UNITED KINGDOM*
> *E-mail: [hidden email]
> Mobile: +421.948.636.404

> Send administrative queries to

Send administrative queries to

Re: Lasso Summit '16

Lasso Talk
Sean,

I apologize in advance for my English. I hope you understand correctly
and nothing personal.

I have a few comments to your answer.

1| Why so much empty words and marketing in developer conference? I do
not understand this.
"@Lasso 9 is still amazing, widely used, and stable as a rock." --> This
I hope that you mean as a joke. Rather, I would understand that the
rocks inside the water penetrates. When the first frost this rock
bursts. :-)
"@What new developments are missing from 9?" --> I do not know what I
shall answer. I'm not sure if you have no idea or are you satisfied with
the situation as it is. For me, both are wrong. Lasso is missing a lot
of modern things, it is sufficient to look at your website
documentation, all of which there is missing (No description
available.). It certainly is in a PDF document to version 9.2 even
though it is a long time Version 9.3. I think that's the elementary what
must be. This needs to be discussed? Why you are the CEO, if it's not
you see?
The functionality lacking any support front-end which is required and it
is always more complex.
Your LUX interface is full of errors, without verification of input
parameters, loss configuration for Lasso 9.3 after you restart your
computer (Mac OS 9.3 + Lasso 10.11.4). I can continue on and on.
Probably it does not make sense to appoint new functionality in this
state. I know what I'm talking about, because I did the Lasso 9 project
for DHL and I had to rewrite it to other middleware!
Would you like to discuss about the new functionality? I can help, but
it must be serious, not marketing show.

2| I do not know how many children you have, but to me it feels like an
unwanted child and not the firstborn. If you already have it, you give
him to eat, dress him, but will always be unwanted, without attention.
There Lasso keeps alive. I'm not sure when you start to mistreating the
child. Sometimes the feeling that it is already doing. :-)

3| Probably both of us talk about another Lasso. Also, our expectations
and demands are very different. I'm doing with Lasso from version 3
almost every day. My previous comments (in LassoTalk forum) for
LassoSoft not been meant as a compliment. It's the opposite. Understand
it as the critical remarks longtime user of your product.

4| Is not important in which language is written Lasso. If is fast and
works properly, is stable and has complete documentation and with good
support. Write in Basic, but neither Swift do not save if you lack the
functionality of modern frameworks and middleware.

5| Lasso popularity note: Please see tagswap page, last post is from "05
Aug, 2015", I guess it is not a sign of Lasso popularity.  I can list
some web feeds to which hear not Lasso. etc.

6| Lasso Summit is LassoSoft or Lasso Professional main showcase. It's
expensive? Julia's DevCon cost me half (in Boston) from Lasso Summit. Why?
@Lasso 9 is still amazing, widely used, and stable as a rock. A few
things have shifted, opportunities have increased, but nothing has
changed. --> If Lasso successful and sold well, why is it such a problem
for LassoSoft?

These words I write because I like Lasso and I do not see where it's coming.

Regards

Lubos

--
*Best Regards*