Lasso.Pro Ctag Library Background

Bil Corry
Thank you everyone for your interest in the Lasso.Pro ctag library.  The library is a collection of tags I've developed over the years, updated to Lasso 8.  I wanted to explain a bit about the library and to let you know that the library is fluid - as I use these tags in projects, I fix bugs and update functionality.  Should you have a suggestion about how a tag is named, called, coded, or it's functionality, please direct that feedback here.  I hope that the library will become a community effort that all of us can use on projects.

Below are various tidbits about the library that eventually will become a FAQ:

(1) Tag Naming

Tags are named in the format [lp_<catagory>_<tagname>] such as:

        lp_string_random
        lp_math_bintohex
        lp_protect_break

When the catagory and tagname are the same, I've opted to drop the tagname, such as

        lp_protect (instead of lp_protect_protect)

The prefaced "lp_" makes it easy to spot that the tag is part of the Lasso.Pro library, the catagory allows easy sorting/finding - when you want a string function, look for anything beginning with "lp_string", when you want a math function, look for anything beginning with "lp_math".

(2) Licensing

The library is released into the public domain.  This means you can use it for any purpose you wish.  You don't have to acknowledge the library in your products (although it would be nice and would perhaps attract more developers to the project), you don't have to pay any licensing fees, you don't have to return any improvements to the project (it would be nice if you did), or anything else a license might require.  Use it.  Make money with it.  Be happy.

(3) Feedback

All feedback, bug reports, feature suggestions, etc should be directed to the Lasso.Pro library list.

(4) Tech support

Direct any questions to the Lasso.Pro library list.

(5) Updates

As I update the library, I'll post the announcement to the Lasso.Pro list.

(6) Library Download

The tags and documentation are available here:

http://tagSwap.net/bil_corry

Eventually, I'll provide a single download for the entire library.  It's on the to-do list (along with creating a website for lasso.pro)

That's it for now, let me know if you have any questions and thanks for joining the list.

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>