Lasso Pages to Static Pages

Marc Pinnell-3
I have a site that tracks stats for the California Community College
Soccer program. The site contains page after page of stats, (win/
loss, goals scored, etc). I am in the process of getting ready for
the new year and the colleges want to have access to last season's
stats - so I can't simply wipe the databases and start the new year.
At this point, last years stats are fixed and will not be changing.
Of course the pages are all interlinked (on the goals scored page you
can click on a player's team and get team stats, etc).

I could simply load each page in a browser and "save as" the html,
then tear out the listings, but there must be a more elegant
solution, isn't there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx
marc

--
Marc Pinnell
1027 Consulting

Re: Lasso Pages to Static Pages

jasonhuck
You can create a static copy of your site using tools like WebWhacker,
SiteSucker, etc:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11634

You might also consider adding a year/season column to the appropriate
tables in your db.

Happy 4th,
Jason

On 7/4/05, Marc Pinnell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a site that tracks stats for the California Community College
> Soccer program. The site contains page after page of stats, (win/
> loss, goals scored, etc). I am in the process of getting ready for
> the new year and the colleges want to have access to last season's
> stats - so I can't simply wipe the databases and start the new year.
> At this point, last years stats are fixed and will not be changing.
> Of course the pages are all interlinked (on the goals scored page you
> can click on a player's team and get team stats, etc).
>
> I could simply load each page in a browser and "save as" the html,
> then tear out the listings, but there must be a more elegant
> solution, isn't there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanx
> marc
>

> --
> Marc Pinnell
> 1027 Consulting
> web << DESIGN >> print
> PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
> www.1027Consulting.com

Re: Lasso Pages to Static Pages

Doug Gentry
I like Jason's second recommendation - add a year or season field to
the various tables. Then you have built in a nice way to create
archives, and you don't lose the ability to do all of the
interconnections you have. The only thing to control is access to
entering new data - making sure the current year is added for new info
and updates.

...Doug

On Jul 4, 2005, at 11:28 AM, Jason Huck wrote:

> You can create a static copy of your site using tools like WebWhacker,
> SiteSucker, etc:
> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11634
>
> You might also consider adding a year/season column to the appropriate
> tables in your db.
>
> Happy 4th,
> Jason
>

> On 7/4/05, Marc Pinnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have a site that tracks stats for the California Community College
>> Soccer program. The site contains page after page of stats, (win/
>> loss, goals scored, etc). I am in the process of getting ready for
>> the new year and the colleges want to have access to last season's
>> stats - so I can't simply wipe the databases and start the new year.
>> At this point, last years stats are fixed and will not be changing.
>> Of course the pages are all interlinked (on the goals scored page you
>> can click on a player's team and get team stats, etc).
>>
>> I could simply load each page in a browser and "save as" the html,
>> then tear out the listings, but there must be a more elegant
>> solution, isn't there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanx
>> marc

---
Doug Gentry
Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 888-490-0644

Re: Lasso Pages to Static Pages

Grubic, James
There's also a well-known way to do this using the log tags. I have a
number of solutions that generate a static HTML page on the fly.

However, based on what you described, it sounds like there is a lot of
valuable data there that would be best kept in a database. Why not
rename the database and keep it available via search form, where one of
the form selection items is the name of the db?

James

Re: Lasso Pages to Static Pages

Marc Pinnell-3
Thanx for the suggestions guys, I hadn't really considered adding the
year to the tables, because of the programming involved. But upon
reflection, I guess that might be best going forward into the future.

Thanx
Marc

On Jul 4, 2005, at 11:28 AM, Jason Huck wrote:

> You can create a static copy of your site using tools like WebWhacker,
> SiteSucker, etc:
> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11634
>
> You might also consider adding a year/season column to the appropriate
> tables in your db.
>
> Happy 4th,
> Jason
>

> On 7/4/05, Marc Pinnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have a site that tracks stats for the California Community College
>> Soccer program. The site contains page after page of stats, (win/
>> loss, goals scored, etc). I am in the process of getting ready for
>> the new year and the colleges want to have access to last season's
>> stats - so I can't simply wipe the databases and start the new year.
>> At this point, last years stats are fixed and will not be changing.
>> Of course the pages are all interlinked (on the goals scored page you
>> can click on a player's team and get team stats, etc).
>>
>> I could simply load each page in a browser and "save as" the html,
>> then tear out the listings, but there must be a more elegant
>> solution, isn't there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanx
>> marc
>>

>> --
>> Marc Pinnell
>> 1027 Consulting
>> web << DESIGN >> print
>> PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
>> www.1027Consulting.com

Marc Pinnell
1027 Consulting
web << DESIGN >> print
PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
www.1027Consulting.com

Re: Lasso Pages to Static Pages

Adam Randall
No changes that would affect anything like that. Give us the code if
you can.

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
http://www.omnipilot.com/

On Jul 5, 2005, at 11:46 AM, Marc Pinnell wrote:

> Thanx for the suggestions guys, I hadn't really considered adding
> the year to the tables, because of the programming involved. But
> upon reflection, I guess that might be best going forward into the
> future.
>
> Thanx
> Marc
>

> On Jul 4, 2005, at 11:28 AM, Jason Huck wrote:
>

>> You can create a static copy of your site using tools like
>> WebWhacker,
>> SiteSucker, etc:
>> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11634
>>
>> You might also consider adding a year/season column to the
>> appropriate
>> tables in your db.
>>
>> Happy 4th,
>> Jason
>>

>> On 7/4/05, Marc Pinnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> I have a site that tracks stats for the California Community College
>>> Soccer program. The site contains page after page of stats, (win/
>>> loss, goals scored, etc). I am in the process of getting ready for
>>> the new year and the colleges want to have access to last season's
>>> stats - so I can't simply wipe the databases and start the new year.
>>> At this point, last years stats are fixed and will not be changing.
>>> Of course the pages are all interlinked (on the goals scored page
>>> you
>>> can click on a player's team and get team stats, etc).
>>>
>>> I could simply load each page in a browser and "save as" the html,
>>> then tear out the listings, but there must be a more elegant
>>> solution, isn't there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>> marc
>>>

>>> --
>>> Marc Pinnell
>>> 1027 Consulting
>>> web << DESIGN >> print
>>> PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
>>> www.1027Consulting.com
>>>

>>> --

> Marc Pinnell
> 1027 Consulting
> web << DESIGN >> print
> PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
> www.1027Consulting.com

Re: Lasso Pages to Static Pages

Marc Pinnell-3
What I meant was the need to go back into all the inlines and add a
"Season"=$Season type of a statement. Not hard, just a fair number of
pages with multiple inlines in some cases. Of course it will also
mean adding in some type of token or action param to get the season.

marc

On Jul 5, 2005, at 8:55 AM, Adam Randall wrote:

> No changes that would affect anything like that. Give us the code
> if you can.
>
> Adam.
>
> --
> Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
> http://www.omnipilot.com/
> (954) 874-3100
> AIM/iChat: adamomni
>
> On Jul 5, 2005, at 11:46 AM, Marc Pinnell wrote:
>

>> Thanx for the suggestions guys, I hadn't really considered adding
>> the year to the tables, because of the programming involved. But
>> upon reflection, I guess that might be best going forward into the
>> future.
>>
>> Thanx
>> Marc
>>

>> On Jul 4, 2005, at 11:28 AM, Jason Huck wrote:
>>

>>> You can create a static copy of your site using tools like
>>> WebWhacker,
>>> SiteSucker, etc:
>>> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11634
>>>
>>> You might also consider adding a year/season column to the
>>> appropriate
>>> tables in your db.
>>>
>>> Happy 4th,
>>> Jason

>>> --

>> Marc Pinnell
>> 1027 Consulting
>> web << DESIGN >> print
>> PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
>> www.1027Consulting.com

>> lassotalk.lasso?manage

Marc Pinnell
1027 Consulting
web << DESIGN >> print
PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
www.1027Consulting.com

Re: Lasso Pages to Static Pages

Adam Randall
Whoops, replied to the wrong message. My bad.

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
http://www.omnipilot.com/