Lasso 9 Install Issues

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lasso 9 Install Issues

kimv
Hi All,

Using Mac OS 10.7.4 and Lasso 9.2.3

I followed the instructions at:
http://www.lassosoft.com/Lasso-9-Server-Mac-Installation

... including the instructions to "...configur[e] Lasso 8 and 9 to coexist on the same server before installation."

The following files/folders are missing after the installation:
/usr/libexec/apache2/mod_fastcgi.so
/etc/apache2/other/lasso9.apache2.conf (not in /apache2/sites or /apache2/users either)
/Library/Lasso
/usr/local/bin/lasso9, lassoc, lassoserver

And in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, the following line is commented out (which I suspect should not be if I had the file):
#LoadModule fastcgi_module     libexec/apache2/mod_fastcgi.so

I can reach the Lasso Instance Manager at:
http://localhost/lasso9/instancemanager/

And from the Instance Manager's 'Management' button, I can reach Lasso Server at:
http://localhost/lasso9/admin

Although the first New Instance I created is running, I cannot reach the 'Management URL' for that instance. In addition, I cannot reach the home page of the test site that I set up using the New Instance.

I suspect the missing files/folders are preventing my test site from being found.

I've unistalled/installed Lasso Server a couple of times, and stopped/restarted apache using 'sudo apachectl graceful'.

The last time I restarted lassoserver, I got this in Terminal:
-bash-3.2$ lassoserver
Using ImageMagick 6.6.6-10 2011-07-07 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
MySQLConnector using MySQL client: 5.5.8
SQLAPIDS: Oracle datasource disabled due to missing DBMS client libraries.
SQLAPIDS: SQLServer datasource disabled due to missing DBMS client libraries.
SQLAPIDS: Using PostgreSQL client API version: 0.0
SQLAPIDS: Using ODBC client API version: 0.0
SQLAPIDS: Sybase datasource disabled due to missing DBMS client libraries.
SQLiteConnector using SQLite: 3.7.3
Loading Admin
Loading UploadTracker
Starting fastcgi server on 0.0.0.0:8999
Lasso Server running in DEVELOPER mode

What can I do to correct the problems? Thanks for the help.


#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 9 Install Issues

Brad Lindsay-2
While this article was accurate for Lasso 9, somethings are different in Lasso 9.2, including the location or names of these files:

> /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_fastcgi.so

/usr/libexec/apache2/mod_lasso9.so
    or
/usr/libexec/apache2/mod_lasso9.10.5.so


> /etc/apache2/other/lasso9.apache2.conf (not in /apache2/sites or /apache2/users either)

The file could be in either /etc/apache2/{other,sites,users}, but has been renamed to either "mod_lasso9.10.5.conf" or "mod_lasso9.conf"


> /Library/Lasso

/var/lasso


> /usr/local/bin/lasso9, lassoc, lassoserver

/usr/bin/lasso9
/usr/bin/lassoc
/usr/sbin/lassoim
/usr/sbin/lassoserver


> And in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, the following line is commented out (which I suspect should not be if I had the file):
> #LoadModule fastcgi_module     libexec/apache2/mod_fastcgi.so

Actually, 10.7 no longer ships with the FastCGI module for some reason, hence the reason LassoSoft now has to provide it as part of the installation. In 9.2 they are not shipping a FastCGI module, but their own custom Apache module (which is essentially FastCGI but with some improvements).


> I can reach the Lasso Instance Manager at:
> http://localhost/lasso9/instancemanager/
>
> And from the Instance Manager's 'Management' button, I can reach Lasso Server at:
> http://localhost/lasso9/admin
>
> Although the first New Instance I created is running, I cannot reach the 'Management URL' for that instance. In addition, I cannot reach the home page of the test site that I set up using the New Instance.

The "Management URL" should be a link to your instances admin, which you say you can read at "http://localhost/lasso9/admin". Click the "Edit URL" button to update it to that. (On initial installation of my instance, it said "http://example.com/lasso9/admin" which is just meant to be an example.)

As for your test site, are you going to http://localhost/ or are you expecting some other URL to work?


> I suspect the missing files/folders are preventing my test site from being found.

I'm betting the files are there under their new name / locations and that there is some Apache configuration stuff that needs to be setup.


> What can I do to correct the problems? Thanks for the help.

1) Verify the locations of the items I've mentioned

2) Verify that you can load files without Lasso 9.2 installed

3) With Lasso 9.2 installed, verify that Apache is still serving .html files

4) If things are still not working, please post how you setup Apache - are you using the default configuration and sticking things in /Library/WebServer/Documents or are you using virtual hosts?

5) You can also contact LassoSoft for installation support.


Brad

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 9 Install Issues

kimv
In reply to this post by kimv
Thanks a bunch Brad!!!

I'm able to reach my development site now, and it was a config issue in the Apache /etc/hosts file. I hadn't added a line for the new Lasso 9 site in my list of virtual hosts (ie. 127.0.0.1 example.dev in a line after fe80::1%lo0localhost).

On another matter, you said, "The 'Management URL' should be a link to your instances admin, which you say you can read at 'http://localhost/lasso9/admin'." So just to confirm, with a DEVELOPER license and everything on my laptop, would I then point all of my instances to the same URL? (This whole instance thing is still a little confusing to me.)

All the file locations and directories checked out, but shouldn't the changes be documented somewhere else (ie, Lasso 9 Installation Read Me)? I didn't find anything in LassoTalk after hours of combing through the posts.

Thanks again.


#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 9 Install Issues

Ke Carlton-3
This may help:

http://www.lassosoft.com/Lasso-9-Server-Instance-Manager ?

Ke

On 12 July 2012 20:52, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (This whole instance thing is still a little confusing to me.)
>
>
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 9 Install Issues

Brad Lindsay-2
In reply to this post by kimv

On Jul 12, 2012, at 3:52 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> On another matter, you said, "The 'Management URL' should be a link to your instances admin, which you say you can read at 'http://localhost/lasso9/admin'." So just to confirm, with a DEVELOPER license and everything on my laptop, would I then point all of my instances to the same URL? (This whole instance thing is still a little confusing to me.)

No, the Management URL should be different for each instance. It should be "http://myhostname/lasso9/admin" where "myhostname" is the host name for your instance. (See the link that Ke posted for a good overview of the instance manager.)


> All the file locations and directories checked out, but shouldn't the changes be documented somewhere else (ie, Lasso 9 Installation Read Me)? I didn't find anything in LassoTalk after hours of combing through the posts.

Totally agree that the installation page needs to be updated. (Actually, just checked and it looks like someone from LassoSoft was right on it.)


Brad
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 9 Install Issues

stevepiercy
In reply to this post by kimv
On 7/12/12 at 3:52 PM, [hidden email] pronounced:

>Thanks a bunch Brad!!!
>
>I'm able to reach my development site now, and it was a config
>issue in the Apache /etc/hosts file. I hadn't added a line for
>the new Lasso 9 site in my list of virtual hosts (ie. 127.0.0.1
>example.dev in a line after fe80::1%lo0localhost).

/etc/hosts is not an Apache file.  It is a system file used for
mapping hostnames to IP addresses on the local system.  More info:
http://library.linode.com/using-linux/administration-basics#sph_use-the-etc-hosts-file

--steve

>On another matter, you said, "The 'Management URL' should be a
>link to your instances admin, which you say you can read at
>'http://localhost/lasso9/admin'." So just to confirm, with a
>DEVELOPER license and everything on my laptop, would I then
>point all of my instances to the same URL? (This whole instance
>thing is still a little confusing to me.)
>
>All the file locations and directories checked out, but
>shouldn't the changes be documented somewhere else (ie, Lasso 9
>Installation Read Me)? I didn't find anything in LassoTalk
>after hours of combing through the posts.
>
>Thanks again.
>
>
>#############################################################
>This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>the mailing list Lasso
>[hidden email]
>To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder              
Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 9 Install Issues

Eric Knibbe
In reply to this post by Brad Lindsay-2
I've updated the Mac installation page at <http://www.lassosoft.com/Lasso-9-Server-Mac-Installation> to reflect the current installer. You can also find info on running Lasso 9 Server at <http://www.lassosoft.com/Lasso-9-Server-Instance-Manager> and <http://www.lassosoft.com/Lasso-9-Server-Administration>.

I agree that it's not entirely clear what the "Management URL" is for: all it does is change where the fifth green button on each instance links to. So say you have an instance responding to requests on any hostname ("%"); you could leave it set to http://example.com/lasso9/admin which wouldn't go anywhere, but you could still access the instance admin by typing in http://localhost/lasso9/admin manually.
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐✂‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
Eric3
 

On 2012-07-12, at 4:47 PM, Brad Lindsay wrote:

>
> On Jul 12, 2012, at 3:52 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> On another matter, you said, "The 'Management URL' should be a link to your instances admin, which you say you can read at 'http://localhost/lasso9/admin'." So just to confirm, with a DEVELOPER license and everything on my laptop, would I then point all of my instances to the same URL? (This whole instance thing is still a little confusing to me.)
>
> No, the Management URL should be different for each instance. It should be "http://myhostname/lasso9/admin" where "myhostname" is the host name for your instance. (See the link that Ke posted for a good overview of the instance manager.)
>
>
>> All the file locations and directories checked out, but shouldn't the changes be documented somewhere else (ie, Lasso 9 Installation Read Me)? I didn't find anything in LassoTalk after hours of combing through the posts.
>
> Totally agree that the installation page needs to be updated. (Actually, just checked and it looks like someone from LassoSoft was right on it.)
>
>
> Brad
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 9 Install Issues

kimv
In reply to this post by kimv
Thanks Eric for updating the reference (for the next time I mess up). But for some reason, your link for 'Lasso 9 Server for Mac OS X Installation' is bad and should be <http://www.lassosoft.com/Lasso-9-Server-Mac-Installation>


#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>