Quantcast

Lasso 9.3.2b4 available

Eric Knibbe-2
Beta 4 of Lasso 9.3.2 is available for download. Changes since the last beta are in bold at <http://www.lassosoft.com/Lasso-9-Change-Notes>. If there's no newly reported issues, this'll be made the release version in February.

- This release fixes LDAP access. The issue was primarily that the lasso_arraySetElement LCAPI call wasn't appending new items to an array.
- http_server now ends a connection if the client hangs up first, instead of waiting for the connection timeout to expire.
- The `lasso9 -i` prompt is a bit more usable now that it delays processing input if inside braces or if the last character of a line is a semicolon.
- The Server memory usage graph on Mac was always showing extremely high usage because of how macOS manages memory. Originally it was counting "inactive" memory as used, when it should be counted as free, since it'll be made available if the need arises.
- On Windows, upgraded installations from 9.2 will still be in "Program Files\LassoSoft\Lasso Instance Manager", but new installations will be in "Program Files\LassoSoft\Lasso Server with LUX". As long as the path matches the registry key at HKLM\Software\LassoSoft\LASSO9_HOME, the LASSO9_HOME system variable, and the path to LassoExecutables in the Path system variable, commands will continue to work.
- The SQLAPI library behind the SQLConnector module is now at 4.1.10 for all platforms. Windows users should test their queries still work, since it's been updated from 3.8.3 on that platform. (I haven't run across any issues getting data from MySQL, PostgreSQL, FileMaker, Oracle, or SQLServer datasources, but be sure to write back if you do.)

- OS X 10.7 - macOS 10.12
        <http://www.lassosoft.com/_downloads/public/Lasso_Server/BETA/Lasso-Server-for-Mac-9.3.2-b4.zip>
- CentOS 5/6/7
        <http://www.lassosoft.com/_downloads/public/Lasso_Server/BETA/Lasso-Instance-Manager-9.3.2-b4.el5.x86_64.rpm>
        <http://www.lassosoft.com/_downloads/public/Lasso_Server/BETA/Lasso-Instance-Manager-9.3.2-b4.el6.x86_64.rpm>
        <http://www.lassosoft.com/_downloads/public/Lasso_Server/BETA/Lasso-Instance-Manager-9.3.2-b4.el7.x86_64.rpm>
        - to install with dependencies from a local RPM:
                yum -y --nogpgcheck localinstall Lasso-Instance-Manager-9.3*.rpm
- Ubuntu 14
        <http://www.lassosoft.com/_downloads/public/Lasso_Server/BETA/lasso-instance-manager_9.3.2-b4_amd64.deb>
        <http://www.lassosoft.com/_downloads/public/Lasso_Server/BETA/lasso-imagemagick_9.3.2-b4_amd64.deb>
        <http://www.lassosoft.com/_downloads/public/Lasso_Server/BETA/lasso-java-api_9.3.2-b4_amd64.deb>
        - to install with dependencies from a local package:
                sudo apt-get update
                sudo apt-get install apache2
                sudo dpkg -i lasso-instance-manager_9.3*.deb lasso-imagemagick_9.3*.deb lasso-java-api_9.3*.deb (ignore its error messages)
                sudo apt-get install -f
- Windows Server 2012, 2012R2
        <http://www.lassosoft.com/_downloads/public/Lasso_Server/BETA/Lasso-Server-with-LUX-9.3.2-b4-Apache2.exe>
        <http://www.lassosoft.com/_downloads/public/Lasso_Server/BETA/Lasso-Server-with-LUX-9.3.2-b4-IIS.exe>

Things still being working on:
- You can now make member method calls that both omit optional params and include keyword params, but unbound method calls still require all optional params if keyword params are supplied.
- Leaving LUX open in a browser can make the Windows version's lassospitfire process spike. (If you end it in Task Manager it will usually behave for a while.)
- sys_process and the `lasso9 -i` prompt don't work on Windows. This is likely because Lasso isn't acquiring STDIN properly. If you have experience with the Windows API and have some ideas, let me know.
- after upgrading on Windows, the LassoIM service will appear to be running, but Lasso isn't responding. After ending the lassoim process in Task Manager and restarting the LassoIM service, the lassoim, lassoserver, and lassospitfire processes will start properly.
- random "HTTP: Timeout while reading client content" messages in Lux when submitting forms. This can be avoided by refreshing, or navigating away and then back, and trying again.

Eric3

Re: Lasso 9.3.2b4 available

Jolle Carlestam-2
Excellent news!