Lasso 8 File Upload problems

John Morris-7
ok,

Using the code from the Tip of the week,
http://www.omnipilot.com/article.lasso?id=8288

I have uploads working, on my Mac, in Safari.

BUT...

it doesn't work on my PC, or in IE on my mac.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
John

Re: Lasso 8 File Upload problems

Doug Gentry
Are you using the original name of the uploaded file? If so, you're
probably running into the Windows/IE problem with extra \\ characters
being passed with the filename from IE.  This has been solved, but I
can't put my hand on the listsearch.com article that gives the
solution.

If you choose/create your own filename after the upload, this isn't an
issue.

Maybe someone else reading the list can recall or post the solution for
stripping off those extra characters in upload.filename.

...Doug Gentry

On May 26, 2005, at 5:48 AM, John Morris wrote:

> ok,
>
> Using the code from the Tip of the week,
> http://www.omnipilot.com/article.lasso?id=8288
>
> I have uploads working, on my Mac, in Safari.
>
> BUT...
>
> it doesn't work on my PC, or in IE on my mac.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Thanks
> John

Doug Gentry
Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 888-490-0644

Re: Lasso 8 File Upload problems

Paul Melia
I have found this solution is pretty satisfactory...

http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?id=141861

FWIW,
Paul

On May 26, 2005, at 9:31 AM, Doug Gentry wrote:

> Are you using the original name of the uploaded file? If so, you're
> probably running into the Windows/IE problem with extra \\
> characters being passed with the filename from IE.  This has been
> solved, but I can't put my hand on the listsearch.com article that
> gives the solution.
>
> If you choose/create your own filename after the upload, this isn't
> an issue.
>
> Maybe someone else reading the list can recall or post the solution
> for stripping off those extra characters in upload.filename.
>
> ...Doug Gentry
>
> On May 26, 2005, at 5:48 AM, John Morris wrote:
>

>> ok,
>>
>> Using the code from the Tip of the week,
>> http://www.omnipilot.com/article.lasso?id=8288
>>
>> I have uploads working, on my Mac, in Safari.
>>
>> BUT...
>>
>> it doesn't work on my PC, or in IE on my mac.
>>
>> Has anyone else had this problem?
>>
>> Thanks
>> John

>> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>>

> ---
> Doug Gentry
> Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
> p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 888-490-0644

Re: Lasso 8 File Upload problems

John Morris-7
OK, I figured it out.

the tip of the week had some bad code in it.

<form response="[Response_FilePath]" enctype="multipart/formdata"
method="POST">
</form>

should read...

<form action="[Response_FilePath]" enctype="multipart/form-data"
method="POST">
</form>

the multipart/form-data works both for Mac, and PC, where the
multipart/formdata only worked in Safari.

Thanks for your help,
John