Lasso 8.6.3 on High Sierra and MAMP Pro

Erik Vandermey - WebCentrix, Inc.
Have some legacy sites (Lasso 8.5.6 on MacOS 10.5.8) that I need to keep running so I’m diving in with a High Sierra install with MAMP Pro.

First you have to turn off SIP (System Integrity Protection). Failure to turn it off will block the Lasso installer from completing.

Reboot in Recovery mode (start up holding Command-R). Open Terminal app and use this command:

        csrutil enable -without fs

This leaves SIP enabled except for File System protection.

Reboot the server.

Now run the Lasso 8.6.3 installer. It will create and install the Lasso Apache connector in /usr/local/libexec

MAMP Pro uses Apache 2.2, so you can use the connector from the 8.6.3 installer and just move/copy it to the MAMP Apache modules folder.

MAMP Pro Apache modules are here:

        /Applications/MAMP/Library/modules

Then append the httpd.conf file in MAMP Pro. Select File > Edit Template > Apache > httpd.conf and paste this at the bottom:

LoadModule lasso8_module /Applications/MAMP/Library/modules/Lasso8ConnectorforApache2.2.so

<Location ~ "^.*\.[Ll][Aa][Ss][Ss][Oo]$">
        SetHandler lasso8-handler
</Location>

<Location ~ "^.*\.[Ll][Aa][Ss][Ss][Oo][Aa][Pp][Pp]$">
        SetHandler lasso8-handler
</Location>

Note the lasso8_module path is adjusted for the MAMP modules location.

Tested with two non-database Lasso sites and it works great!

Tomorrow I’ll test with a site that uses MySQL.

Erik VanderMey • [hidden email] • 630-206-2900 • (Messages/FaceTime: [hidden email])
WebCentrix, Inc. • http://webcentrix.net • Web Hosting/Co-Location/Dedicated Servers
Certified Lasso Developer (CLD) • Kerio Connect/Control/Operator Reseller

Lasso 8.5.6 on High Sierra (10.13.4) was: Lasso 8.6.3 on High Sierra and MAMP Pro

Jerad Hoff-2
Thank you so much for taking the time to document your steps and to share them with the group. I did find with MacOS 10.13.4 that the —without flag is no longer supported. I just had to flat out disable SIP in order to LP 8.5.6 to install.

Unfortunately that’s my only success so far. The LP 8.5 installer doesn’t know that Apple has moved the Apache stuff around, so I moved the OS X server module included from /opt/apache2 over to /usr/libexe/apache2/ where the rest of the modules seem to be stored. The file is called Lasso8ConnectorforApache2.so. I also had to move the lasso8.conf file over to /etc/apache2/ folder (and update the file to point to the correct place for the module). I then appended the following into the httpd.conf file (right from my working copy of LP 8.5.6 running on an old 10.6 server) allowed for the new location of the lasso8.conf file:

#Begin: Added by Lasso 8 Installer
Include /private/etc/apache2/lasso8.conf
#End: Added by Lasso 8 Installer

The web server is more than happy to serve up my .lasso files as plain text. Trying to goto localhost/ServerAdmin.LassoApp results in a “The requested URL /ServerAdmin.LassoApp was not found on this server” error.

The lasso8.conf file is exactly what you posted in your email (except the path is obviously not pointing to where MAMP keeps things).

Lasso is starting OK, it’s reporting a bunch of stuff and doesn’t seem to be complaining about things in the console.

I then tried moving the Lasso8ConnectorforAPache2.4.so file that’s been floated around this list. I copied it to the proper location and updated the Lasso8.conf file. No change. httpd -version shows Apache/2.4.29.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 - Jerad