Lasso 6 on Amazon EC2 (AWS)

Re: Lasso 6 on Amazon EC2 (AWS)

Lars A. Gundersen-2
Hmm, *this* discussion again

Hi guys, long time no write. I don’t use Lasso actively any longer but it still pains me to see the lack of traction it has. Its merits should dictate otherwise. I have always, sometimes vocally, advocated for the freemium model. The long and short of it is that you will never ever ever attract new development talent to Lasso in any critical mass unless they can see that they can use the language they learn for real world production stuff without paying for it. It’s just a fact of today’s market.
Lasso’s owners can plot a brilliant commercial strategy all they want, but it’s just not gonna happen unless they make the standard version of Lasso free to use.

Lars