Lasso 3.6 Help

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lasso 3.6 Help

dwdc
I am running this code on a page and it is not functioning. Is there  
something in the code wrong?

[inline:
        -database='VCI_Mem.fm3',
        -table='Form',
        -username='villiage',
        -password='people',
        -op='eq',
        'email_bypass'='Yes',
        -maxrecords='all',
        -search]
        [records]
       

        [inline:
                -username='villiage',
                -password='people',
                Email.Host='adweb99.com',
                Email.To='[hidden email]',
                Email.From='[hidden email]',
                Email.Subject='New Prayer Request',
                Email_Format='test2.txt',
                Nothing]
        [/inline]

        [/records]

[/inline]

Thanks!

Don Wieland
D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[hidden email]
Direct Line - (714) 389-4026

Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 3.6 Help

Adam de Zoete-2
Is it not Email.Format rather than Email_Format?

Adam


Don Wieland wrote:

> I am running this code on a page and it is not functioning. Is there
> something in the code wrong?
>
> [inline:
>     -database='VCI_Mem.fm3',
>     -table='Form',
>     -username='villiage',
>     -password='people',
>     -op='eq',
>     'email_bypass'='Yes',
>     -maxrecords='all',
>     -search]
>     [records]
>    
>
>     [inline:
>         -username='villiage',
>         -password='people',
>         Email.Host='adweb99.com',
>         Email.To='[hidden email]',
>         Email.From='[hidden email]',
>         Email.Subject='New Prayer Request',
>         Email_Format='test2.txt',
>         Nothing]
>     [/inline]
>
>     [/records]
>
> [/inline]
>
> Thanks!
>
> Don Wieland
> D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> [hidden email]
> Direct Line - (714) 389-4026
>
> Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.
>
>
>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 3.6 Help

Doug Gentry
and there should be a hyphen in front of -nothing

On Jun 3, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Adam de Zoete wrote:

> Is it not Email.Format rather than Email_Format?
>
> Adam
>
>
> Don Wieland wrote:
>> I am running this code on a page and it is not functioning. Is  
>> there something in the code wrong?
>> [inline:
>>    -database='VCI_Mem.fm3',
>>    -table='Form',
>>    -username='villiage',
>>    -password='people',
>>    -op='eq',
>>    'email_bypass'='Yes',
>>    -maxrecords='all',
>>    -search]
>>    [records]
>>        [inline:
>>        -username='villiage',
>>        -password='people',
>>        Email.Host='adweb99.com',
>>        Email.To='[hidden email]',
>>        Email.From='[hidden email]',
>>        Email.Subject='New Prayer Request',
>>        Email_Format='test2.txt',
>>        Nothing]
>>    [/inline]
>>    [/records]
>> [/inline]
>> Thanks!
>> Don Wieland
>> D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> [hidden email]
>> Direct Line - (714) 389-4026
>> Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>



---
Doug Gentry
Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 866-890-6013
[hidden email]
www.dynapolis.com - blog: www.plain-sense.com



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 3.6 Help

Marc Pinnell-3
In reply to this post by Adam de Zoete-2
and a dash missing in front of the Nothing


On Jun 3, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Adam de Zoete wrote:

> Is it not Email.Format rather than Email_Format?
>
> Adam
>
>
> Don Wieland wrote:
>> I am running this code on a page and it is not functioning. Is  
>> there something in the code wrong?
>> [inline:
>>    -database='VCI_Mem.fm3',
>>    -table='Form',
>>    -username='villiage',
>>    -password='people',
>>    -op='eq',
>>    'email_bypass'='Yes',
>>    -maxrecords='all',
>>    -search]
>>    [records]
>>        [inline:
>>        -username='villiage',
>>        -password='people',
>>        Email.Host='adweb99.com',
>>        Email.To='[hidden email]',
>>        Email.From='[hidden email]',
>>        Email.Subject='New Prayer Request',
>>        Email_Format='test2.txt',
>>        Nothing]
>>    [/inline]
>>    [/records]
>> [/inline]
>> Thanks!
>> Don Wieland
>> D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> [hidden email]
>> Direct Line - (714) 389-4026
>> Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>

--
Marc Pinnell
1027 Design
PO Box 990872
Redding, CA 96099-0872
530.941.4706
fax: 866.232.5300
www.1027Design.com




--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 3.6 Help

dwdc
In reply to this post by Adam de Zoete-2
On Jun 3, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Adam de Zoete wrote:

> Is it not Email.Format rather than Email_Format?

I am still not getting the formatting right. Maybe someone can bail  
me out. Below is the code to my page. This is really what I need:

I have an ADD record page which I target this page. The for has three  
fields Vball Date, In, and Notes. When I target this page I want it  
to perform the ADD option regardless. Then I will have a choice to  
SEND an EMAIL or No thanks.

If the SEND an email is selected, I want to generate ONE email with  
multiple BBC's which is pulled from another DB (See search INLINE).  
The email felds in the DB are "email" and "Text_Message_Email". If  
the field has a value in it, it is added as a BCC to the single  
email. The "update_email.txt" page is below my process page code.

The "No thanks" button navigates to the proper page but the record IS  
NOT created.

Hopefully I have enough here to work with. Let me know if you need more.

Also, I will eventually want to use this same process for an EDIT/
UPDATE page. I am hoping I can just tweak this code to get it to work.

Appreciate any help ;-)

--- Start Process Page Code ----

        [inline:
        -database='VCI_Mem.fm3',
        -table='Form',
        -username='village',
        -password='people',
        -op='eq',
        'email_bypass'='Yes',
        -maxrecords='all',
        -search]
       

[records]
                [inline:
                -username='village',
                -password='people',
                Email.Host='adweb99.com',
                Email.To='[hidden email]',
                Email.From='[hidden email]',
                Email.Subject='New Prayer Request',
                Email.Format='update_email.txt',
                -Nothing]
                [/inline]
[/records]

       
[/inline]
       
<!--
        [inline:
                -database='VCI_Pray.fm3',
                -table='Form',
                -username='village',
                -password='people',
                'Vball Date'=(form_param:'Vball_Date'),
                'In'=(form_param:'In'),
                'Notes'=(form_param:'Notes'),
        -add]
                [error_currenterror:-errorcode]
       
        [/inline]
       
-->
       
               
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
         "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
        <title>results.lasso</title>
        <meta name="generator" content="BBEdit 8.2" />
</head>
<body>
<form action="newdate2.lasso" method="post">
<input name="action" type="hidden" value="send">
<input type="submit" value="Send an email">
</form>
~OR~

<form action="index.lasso" method="post">
<input name="action" type="hidden" value="send">
<input type="submit" value="No thanks!">
</form>
</body>
</html>

--- End Process Page Code ----

--- Start Update_Email.txt Code ----

[field: 'Email_Header']

[field: 'IN']

-- Prayer Request Details --
[field: 'Notes', encodenone]

-- PRAYER UPDATE --
[field: 'OUT', encodenone]


-----

VCI Prayer Team

-----

To have your name and email removed from this on-line database,
REPLY to this email and put REMOVE as the subject.

Please allow approx. 24 hours for this action to take place.

--- Start Update_Email.txt Code ----





Don Wieland
D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[hidden email]
Direct Line - (714) 389-4026

Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 3.6 Help

dwdc

On Jun 4, 2008, at 8:05 AM, Don Wieland wrote:

> If the SEND an email is selected, I want to generate ONE email with  
> multiple BBC's which is pulled from another DB (See search INLINE).  
> The email felds in the DB are "email" and "Text_Message_Email". If  
> the field has a value in it, it is added as a BCC to the single  
> email. The "update_email.txt" page is below my process page code.

Also, one the email is generate, I need it to navigate to the  
"index.lasso" page so I can see my new record in my list.

Don Wieland
D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[hidden email]
Direct Line - (714) 389-4026

Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 3.6 Help

Adam de Zoete-2
In reply to this post by dwdc
Don Wieland wrote:
> On Jun 3, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Adam de Zoete wrote:
>
>> Is it not Email.Format rather than Email_Format?
>

Someone might help you more extensively but apologies because i got it
wrong above. All the Email settings should begin with a hyphen as well.

[inline:
         -username='village',
         -password='people',
         -Email.Host='adweb99.com',
         -Email.To='[hidden email]',
         -Email.From='[hidden email]',
         -Email.Subject='New Prayer Request',
         -Email.Format='update_email.txt',
         -Nothing]
[/inline]


Adam

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 3.6 Help

dwdc

On Jun 4, 2008, at 8:11 AM, Adam de Zoete wrote:

> Someone might help you more extensively but apologies because i got  
> it wrong above. All the Email settings should begin with a hyphen  
> as well.

OK.  I am closer ;-)  On my ADD page I have a form action:

<FORM ACTION="newDate2.lasso" METHOD="POST">

<input name="action" type="hidden" value="edit">
<input name="recid" type="hidden" value="[fmp-field:recordID]">

Then on the "newDate2.lasso" page I have an INLINE:

[if:(form_param:'action')=='edit']
        [inline: -Update,
                -database='VCI_Pray.fm3',
                -table='Form',
                -keyfield=('recordID'),
                -keyvalue=(form_param:'recid'),
                'Vball Date'=(form_param:'Vball_date'),
                'In'=(form_param:'In'),
                'Notes'=(form_param:'Notes'),
                'Out'=(form_param:'Out')]
         [/inline]
[/if]

This INLINE produces a Error 609 (The specified database was not  
found). The database name is correct.

Whatzup?

Don Wieland
D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[hidden email]
Direct Line - (714) 389-4026

Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lasso 3.6 Help

Doug Gentry
I seem to remember, back in the day, that Filemaker stripped off  
the .fm3 so that you would use -database='VCI_Pray',

Also back then I think these lines:

-keyfield=('recordID'),
-keyvalue=(form_param:'recid'),

would be replaced with

-recordid=(form_param: 'recid'),

...Doug

On Jun 4, 2008, at 11:59 AM, Don Wieland wrote:

>
> On Jun 4, 2008, at 8:11 AM, Adam de Zoete wrote:
>
>> Someone might help you more extensively but apologies because i got  
>> it wrong above. All the Email settings should begin with a hyphen  
>> as well.
>
> OK.  I am closer ;-)  On my ADD page I have a form action:
>
> <FORM ACTION="newDate2.lasso" METHOD="POST">
>
> <input name="action" type="hidden" value="edit">
> <input name="recid" type="hidden" value="[fmp-field:recordID]">
>
> Then on the "newDate2.lasso" page I have an INLINE:
>
> [if:(form_param:'action')=='edit']
> [inline: -Update,
> -database='VCI_Pray.fm3',
> -table='Form',
> -keyfield=('recordID'),
> -keyvalue=(form_param:'recid'),
> 'Vball Date'=(form_param:'Vball_date'),
> 'In'=(form_param:'In'),
> 'Notes'=(form_param:'Notes'),
> 'Out'=(form_param:'Out')]
>        [/inline]
> [/if]
>
> This INLINE produces a Error 609 (The specified database was not  
> found). The database name is correct.
>
> Whatzup?
>
> Don Wieland
> D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> [hidden email]
> Direct Line - (714) 389-4026
>
> Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.
>
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>



---
Doug Gentry
Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 866-890-6013
[hidden email]
www.dynapolis.com - blog: www.plain-sense.com



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/