LSfE - External Editor gives error

Nikolaj de Fine Licht
I'm fiddling around with LS for Eclipse trying to get familiar with it
- I think it looks very interesting!

In Preferences->File Associations you can add an external editor option
for opening files, I would like to add BBEdit as an option (sorry Miles
but old passion doesn't get rusty so quickly...). It gets added so to
see, but when I ctrl-click a file in Navigator and selects to open it
with BBEdit I get an error saying

Unable to open external editor /Applications/BBEdit.app
(/Applications/BBEdit.app).

Reason:
Error opening external editor (/Applications/BBEdit.app).

/*
BTW: note 'Reason' - this is when you _love_ programmer's sense of
humor...;-)
*/

However, what could the problem be? The path shown in the error message
IS the right path.

/nikolaj

Re: LSfE - External Editor gives error

m i l e s
Nik,

My opened just fine....haven't ever had a problem with it.
But then again, I haven't needed to define an editor.  Perhaps that's
where the problem is.
All my .lasso or .inc files are already defined as to be opened by
BBEdit.  So perhaps that's
what the issue is right there.....

M i l e s.

---- LASSO DEVELOPER FOR HIRE: CHEAP RATES - NEEDS WORK ----
   -don't know what lasso is ? - http://www.omnipilot.com/
M i l e s                                [hidden email]
MagicMiles Software                         (413) 374 - 5161
http://www.magicmiles.com/        AIM/Yahoo/MSN:  magikmiles
Creating custom content management systems for yoga, dance,
and the healing arts professional, starting at just $25 a
month, includes domain registration, web hosting, email and
webmail, and access to TOOLBOXENGINE!  A very robust tool.

Re: LSfE - External Editor gives error

Nikolaj de Fine Licht
Of course :) - sometimes things are less complicated than you think: I
didn't even give Open With System Editor a try first before going try
assigning an external editor - otherwise I would have discovered what
you say: they open with my 'system editor' which is: BBEdit...

Thanks!

Nikolaj