LPA Cruise Track

Johan Solve
Just for the fun of it I created a Google Earth track file out of my
GPS track from the LPA cruise (yes I'm a GPS geek).

You must have Google Earth installed.
http://earth.google.com/

Then go here and click "Open this placemark":
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/324564/an/0/page/0#324564

Open the downloaded file with Google Earth. While looking at the
track, make sure you also explore the Las Olas Blvd surroundings.
Google Earth rocks!

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer

Re: LPA Cruise Track

Brett Circe
No you did not!

I saw that demoed at MacWorld and it is the coolest. Thanks for this.

Brett Circe
[hidden email]

On Feb 22, 2006, at 6:16 PM, Johan Solve wrote:

> Just for the fun of it I created a Google Earth track file out of my
> GPS track from the LPA cruise (yes I'm a GPS geek).
>
> You must have Google Earth installed.
> http://earth.google.com/
>
> Then go here and click "Open this placemark":
> http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/324564/an/
> 0/page/0#324564
>
> Open the downloaded file with Google Earth. While looking at the
> track, make sure you also explore the Las Olas Blvd surroundings.
> Google Earth rocks!
>

> --
>      Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
>      Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
>      MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
> http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
>  (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

Re: LPA Cruise Track

John May-2
Too cool!  I especially like the zig zag lines of
you getting on the boat at the beginning.

        - John

>Just for the fun of it I created a Google Earth track file out of my
>GPS track from the LPA cruise (yes I'm a GPS geek).
>
>You must have Google Earth installed.
>http://earth.google.com/
>
>Then go here and click "Open this placemark":
>http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/324564/an/0/page/0#324564
>
>Open the downloaded file with Google Earth. While looking at the
>track, make sure you also explore the Las Olas Blvd surroundings.
>Google Earth rocks!
>

>--
>      Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
>      Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
>      MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
>http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
>  (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

John May : President                  <http://www.pointinspace.com>
Point In Space Internet Solutions             [hidden email]

       Professional Lasso / PHP / MySQL / FileMaker Pro Hosting

Re: LPA Cruise Track

Mason Miller
That is almost unfair.  Had the rest of us known that you were doing
such a geeky thing, and you had even geekier plans like the Google
Earth view of the data, we might have gone out and purhcased toys to
compete!

I am shopping for toys with Lasso Summit 2007 in mind now.

Very cool, Johan!

Did you get you photos' exif timestamps to shift?

Mason

On Feb 22, 2006, at 6:16 PM, Johan Solve wrote:

> Just for the fun of it I created a Google Earth track file out of my
> GPS track from the LPA cruise (yes I'm a GPS geek).
>
> You must have Google Earth installed.
> http://earth.google.com/
>
> Then go here and click "Open this placemark":
> http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/324564/an/
> 0/page/0#324564
>
> Open the downloaded file with Google Earth. While looking at the
> track, make sure you also explore the Las Olas Blvd surroundings.
> Google Earth rocks!

Re: LPA Cruise Track

Johan Solve
On 2/23/06, Mason Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did you get you photos' exif timestamps to shift?

Didn't try that yet, but it would be cool to marry the GPS track with
the shots taken during the cruise...

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

Re: LPA Cruise Track

Nikolaj de Fine Licht
Impressive, truly impressive!

Also interesting to see how rich people live - huge house and a boat
in the backyard ;-)

/nikolaj

On 23. feb 2006, at 0:16, Johan Solve wrote:

> Just for the fun of it I created a Google Earth track file out of my
> GPS track from the LPA cruise (yes I'm a GPS geek).
>
> You must have Google Earth installed.
> http://earth.google.com/
>
> Then go here and click "Open this placemark":
> http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/324564/an/
> 0/page/0#324564
>
> Open the downloaded file with Google Earth. While looking at the
> track, make sure you also explore the Las Olas Blvd surroundings.
> Google Earth rocks!
>

> --
>      Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
>      Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
>      MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
> http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
>  (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

Nikolaj de Fine Licht  •  Music&Media
Web Solutions for Cultural Businesses
http://www.musicmedia.dk