[LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

[LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Jonas Rosling
I found a strange situation with updating a database on Internet
Explorer on PC. If the amount of text in a textarea gets big the
browser returns an error. Not a Lasso error. Telling the page couldn't
be shown for the moment or just a blank page. It just happens to one
page. Works great in FireFox and on Mac.

Has anyone else expirienced this problem?

Thanks in advance! // Jonas

Re: [LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Anatoli
MSIE on PC was working for me with 20+K pages
in textarea.
Are you using even more?
What is your configuration?

Anatoli

Jonas Rosling wrote:

> I found a strange situation with updating a database on Internet
> Explorer on PC. If the amount of text in a textarea gets big the
> browser returns an error. Not a Lasso error. Telling the page couldn't
> be shown for the moment or just a blank page. It just happens to one
> page. Works great in FireFox and on Mac.
>
> Has anyone else expirienced this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance! // Jonas

Re: [LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Jonas Rosling
Well, normaly it works with tons of text. But not on just this page/
form. The strange thing is that when I view the source on the blank
page I get sometimes as the response page is that it's encoded in
another way then what I set it to in BBEdit.

// Jonas

16 jun 2005 kl. 19.19 skrev Anatoli:

> MSIE on PC was working for me with 20+K pages
> in textarea.
> Are you using even more?
> What is your configuration?
>
> Anatoli
>
> Jonas Rosling wrote:
>

>> I found a strange situation with updating a database on Internet
>> Explorer on PC. If the amount of text in a textarea gets big the
>> browser returns an error. Not a Lasso error. Telling the page
>> couldn't be shown for the moment or just a blank page. It just
>> happens to one page. Works great in FireFox and on Mac.
>>
>> Has anyone else expirienced this problem?
>>
>> Thanks in advance! // Jonas

Re: [LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Johan Solve
On 6/16/05, Jonas Rosling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I found a strange situation with updating a database on Internet
> Explorer on PC. If the amount of text in a textarea gets big the
> browser returns an error. Not a Lasso error. Telling the page couldn't
> be shown for the moment or just a blank page. It just happens to one
> page. Works great in FireFox and on Mac.

Is the form method POST?

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer

Re: [LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Jonas Rosling
Yes, the form is method POST.

// Jonas

2005-06-17 kl. 11.42 skrev Johan Solve:

> On 6/16/05, Jonas Rosling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I found a strange situation with updating a database on Internet
>> Explorer on PC. If the amount of text in a textarea gets big the
>> browser returns an error. Not a Lasso error. Telling the page couldn't
>> be shown for the moment or just a blank page. It just happens to one
>> page. Works great in FireFox and on Mac.
>
> Is the form method POST?
>
> --
>      Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
>      Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
>      MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
> http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
>  (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

Re: [LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Fredrik Norell
This happend to me. Are you running on IIS? There
is a bug with Lasso on IIS. I switched to Apache,
and have´nt had any problems since.

Best
Fredrik

>Yes, the form is method POST.
>

>// Jonas
>
>2005-06-17 kl. 11.42 skrev Johan Solve:
>
>>On 6/16/05, Jonas Rosling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>I found a strange situation with updating a database on Internet
>>>Explorer on PC. If the amount of text in a textarea gets big the
>>>browser returns an error. Not a Lasso error. Telling the page couldn't
>>>be shown for the moment or just a blank page. It just happens to one
>>>page. Works great in FireFox and on Mac.
>>
>>Is the form method POST?
>>
>>--
>>      Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
>>      Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
>>      MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
>>http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
>>  (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')
>>
>>--

----------------------------
Besök gärna vår sajt! http://www.totdigital.com
----------------------------
fredrik norell
t&t digital
tel: 044-20 46 90
mobil: 0708-91 91 30
fax: 044-20 46 29
mail: [hidden email]
----------------------------
Besöksadress:
Spannmålsgatan 11
Kristianstad

Re: [LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Jonas Rosling
Can someone confirm that this problem is a bug in IIS?

Is there anyone else running Lasso with IIS who doesn't have this kind
of problems?

Thanks // Jonas

2005-06-17 kl. 15.46 skrev Fredrik Norell:

> This happend to me. Are you running on IIS? There is a bug with Lasso
> on IIS. I switched to Apache, and have´nt had any problems since.
>
> Best
> Fredrik
>

>> Yes, the form is method POST.
>>

>> // Jonas

>>> Is the form method POST?
>>>
>>> --
>>>      Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
>>>      Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
>>>      MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
>>> http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
>>>  (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')
>>>
>>> --

> ----------------------------
> Besök gärna vår sajt! http://www.totdigital.com
> ----------------------------
> fredrik norell
> t&t digital
> tel: 044-20 46 90
> mobil: 0708-91 91 30
> fax: 044-20 46 29
> mail: [hidden email]
> ----------------------------
> Besöksadress:
> Spannmålsgatan 11
> Kristianstad

Re: [LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Fredrik Norell
I got it confirmed from by Blueworld in october
2003. I don´t know if the bug is in LP8.

/F

--
----------------------------
Besök gärna vår sajt! http://www.totdigital.com
----------------------------
fredrik norell
t&t digital
tel: 044-20 46 90
mobil: 0708-91 91 30
fax: 044-20 46 29
mail: [hidden email]
----------------------------
Besöksadress:
Spannmålsgatan 11
Kristianstad

Re: [LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Adam Randall
What version of LP7 are you running? We fixed what you are reporting
in 7.1.3. Alternately, you can use Apache 2 on your Windows server
and the issue will also go away.

Adam.

On Jun 17, 2005, at 10:21 AM, Jonas Rosling wrote:

> Can someone confirm that this problem is a bug in IIS?
>
> Is there anyone else running Lasso with IIS who doesn't have this
> kind of problems?
>
> Thanks // Jonas
>

> 2005-06-17 kl. 15.46 skrev Fredrik Norell:
>

>> This happend to me. Are you running on IIS? There is a bug with
>> Lasso on IIS. I switched to Apache, and have´nt had any problems
>> since.
>>
>> Best
>> Fredrik
>>

>>> Yes, the form is method POST.
>>>

>>> // Jonas

>>> --
>>> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>>>

>> --
>> ----------------------------
>> Besök gärna vår sajt! http://www.totdigital.com
>> ----------------------------
>> fredrik norell
>> t&t digital
>> tel: 044-20 46 90
>> mobil: 0708-91 91 30
>> fax: 044-20 46 29
>> mail: [hidden email]
>> ----------------------------
>> Besöksadress:
>> Spannmålsgatan 11
>> Kristianstad
>> lassotalk.lasso?manage

Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
http://www.omnipilot.com/
(954) 874-3100
AIM/iChat: adamomni

Re: [LP7] Text limit in Internet Explorer (PC)

Jonas Rosling
Thanks alot for the information Adam. We run 7.1.2, so we'll try to
update it.

// Jonas