[L8.5] CDATA tags

Mr. Bret Williams
In order to be fully xhtml compliant, it is my understanding that
scripts need to be placed within "?? <![CDATA["..."// ]]>" tags. When
I've tried to implement this, Lasso keeps trying to parse these and,
of course, I get errors.

Can I set something in Admin to allow these without Lasso trying to
parse them?

Thanks,

Bret Williams
Novusweb

www.Novusweb.com

760.942.3773 voice
866.668.8793 toll-free

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or disseminate
this information.  Please contact the sender by reply immediately and
destroy all copies of the original message including all
attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
LASSO MASTER CLASS - Orlando, FL
Following the FileMaker Developer Conference
2 Day intensive seminar: Learn the best way to get your FileMaker data on the web.
http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

Re: [L8.5] CDATA tags

Bil Corry
Mr. Bret Williams wrote:
> In order to be fully xhtml compliant, it is my understanding that
> scripts need to be placed within "?? <![CDATA["..."// ]]>" tags. When
> I've tried to implement this, Lasso keeps trying to parse these and, of
> course, I get errors.

The easiest way is to surround it with [noprocess]:

        [noprocess]<![CDATA["..."// ]]>[/noprocess]

LASSO MASTER CLASS - Orlando, FL
Following the FileMaker Developer Conference
2 Day intensive seminar: Learn the best way to get your FileMaker data on the web.
http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

Re: [L8.5] CDATA tags

Marc Pinnell-3
Bret,

I just ran across this problem last night... What I finally did was
wrap the JS with [html_comment][noprocess]<script goes here>[/
noprocess][/html_comment]

That seemed to do it.

Marc

On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:34 AM, Mr. Bret Williams wrote:

> In order to be fully xhtml compliant, it is my understanding that
> scripts need to be placed within "?? <![CDATA["..."// ]]>" tags.
> When I've tried to implement this, Lasso keeps trying to parse
> these and, of course, I get errors.
>
> Can I set something in Admin to allow these without Lasso trying to
> parse them?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Bret Williams
> Novusweb
>
> www.Novusweb.com
>
> 760.942.3773 voice
> 866.668.8793 toll-free
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
> attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
> may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are
> not the intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or
> disseminate this information.  Please contact the sender by reply
> immediately and destroy all copies of the original message
> including all attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
>

> ------------------------------
> LASSO MASTER CLASS - Orlando, FL
> Following the FileMaker Developer Conference
> 2 Day intensive seminar: Learn the best way to get your FileMaker
> data on the web.
> http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

LASSO MASTER CLASS - Orlando, FL
Following the FileMaker Developer Conference
2 Day intensive seminar: Learn the best way to get your FileMaker data on the web.
http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

Re: [L8.5] CDATA tags

Adam Randall-4
And...why didn't you just use <!-- and -->?

[NoProcess] ... [/NoProcess] and <!-- ... --> are identical in
operation, with the exception that the <!-- and --> are left behind
in the latter, obviously.

Adam.

On Aug 16, 2006, at 1:59 PM, Marc Pinnell wrote:

> Bret,
>
> I just ran across this problem last night... What I finally did was
> wrap the JS with [html_comment][noprocess]<script goes here>[/
> noprocess][/html_comment]
>
> That seemed to do it.
>
> Marc
>

> On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:34 AM, Mr. Bret Williams wrote:
>
>> In order to be fully xhtml compliant, it is my understanding that
>> scripts need to be placed within "?? <![CDATA["..."// ]]>" tags.
>> When I've tried to implement this, Lasso keeps trying to parse
>> these and, of course, I get errors.
>>
>> Can I set something in Admin to allow these without Lasso trying
>> to parse them?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Bret Williams
>> Novusweb
>>
>> www.Novusweb.com
>>
>> 760.942.3773 voice
>> 866.668.8793 toll-free
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
>> attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
>> may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are
>> not the intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or
>> disseminate this information.  Please contact the sender by reply
>> immediately and destroy all copies of the original message
>> including all attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
>>

>> ------------------------------
>> LASSO MASTER CLASS - Orlando, FL
>> Following the FileMaker Developer Conference
>> 2 Day intensive seminar: Learn the best way to get your FileMaker
>> data on the web.
>> http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

>> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>

> ------------------------------
> LASSO MASTER CLASS - Orlando, FL
> Following the FileMaker Developer Conference
> 2 Day intensive seminar: Learn the best way to get your FileMaker
> data on the web.
> http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
Senior Web Architect