Knop package updated

Johan Solve-2
I just updated the Knop package slightly. I've added some more instructions in Documentation/README.txt, but other than that there have been no changes. I have been busy with other things this week and next week I'm gone skiing.

Regarding language support for knop_grid, I'm going to add the configuration of the strings as a separate member tag, so it is easy to override it my subclassing knop_grid and redefine only that member tag.

It's been pretty silent here lately - I don't know if that's a good sign, if the interest has chilled off or if you have just been busy with other things (as I have).

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer

(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Re: Knop package updated

Brian Loomis-2
Hey johan, thanks I am going to download it and look at it while I
listed to these ROR speakers.

On Mar 16, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Johan Solve wrote:

> I just updated the Knop package slightly. I've added some more
> instructions in Documentation/README.txt, but other than that there
> have been no changes. I have been busy with other things this week
> and next week I'm gone skiing.
>
> Regarding language support for knop_grid, I'm going to add the
> configuration of the strings as a separate member tag, so it is
> easy to override it my subclassing knop_grid and redefine only that
> member tag.
>
> It's been pretty silent here lately - I don't know if that's a good
> sign, if the interest has chilled off or if you have just been busy
> with other things (as I have).
>

> --
>      Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
>      Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
>      MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
> http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
>  (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

> (log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send
> message to
> <[hidden email]> to get that ID)
> Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
> AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Re: Knop package updated

Jolle Carlestam-2
16 mar 2007 kl. 21.10 skrev Johan Solve:

> It's been pretty silent here lately - I don't know if that's a good
> sign, if the interest has chilled off or if you have just been busy
> with other things (as I have).

I'm working on a new project built on Knop but other projects not
related to Lasso has taken some time and the time I did spend on my
Knop project was all taken by css issues. That part will hopefully be
done with soon and then my Knop expedition will continue. You can bet
that I will be back with questions then. :-)

One thing I discovered in trying to get the css to act as I want it
is that Knop doesn't fit to well with a corral template thinking.
Since the nav object calls the entire page content at once it's
harder to build a template. Or did I miss something in the instructions.

pst Have a good Skiing trip!

(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Re: Knop package updated

Ric Lewis-3
I got a chance to install a few days ago - got set up with pretty
urls etc.

Experimented a little with mt_nav, re-doing the navigation from an
existing app with three levels - straightforward - next step would be
to see how easy it is to map a more complex CSS on top.

Not tried mt_form yet but I had a few questions regarding mt_grid:

Is it possible to format fields (ie as dates)?
How would you do any other pre-processing on field data before
display in the grid?
I believe you can insert a custom SQL statement to produce the data
for the grid, ie with a JOIN - but I can't now work out where that
would go.

In general, it seems quite intuitive and the syntax is attractive.

Cheers,

Ric

At 22.34 +0100 2007-03-16, [hidden email] wrote:
>One thing I discovered in trying to get the css to act as I want it is that Knop doesn't fit to well with a corral template thinking. Since the nav object calls the entire page content at once it's harder to build a template. Or did I miss something in the instructions.

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the Corral template thinking to see what you're missing. Do you want to be able to have several content include possibilites for each path?
--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

mt_grid - some tweaks

Ric Lewis-3
I've done one or two things with with mt_grid to add more options. I
don't think there's an offical way to do these things but correct me
if I'm wrong.

date formating, with an optional -format parameter:

$list -> (addfield:
                -label='Started',
                -name='start',
                -format='%d.%m.%y',
                -width=150);

Also, just as #value# can get the value of the current column for use
in link URLs, I modified the ctype a little to be able to grab values
from other columns too.

I don't know if these types of extensions are desirable for the
framework - when does it start to diverge from the 'lightweight'
philosophy?

(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Re: mt_grid - some tweaks

Jolle Carlestam-2
The stuff I've done I just sent to Johan.

At 18.05 +0100 2007-03-28, Ric Lewis wrote:

>I've done one or two things with with mt_grid to add more options. I don't think there's an offical way to do these things but correct me if I'm wrong.
>
>date formating, with an optional -format parameter:
>
>$list -> (addfield:
> -label='Started',
> -name='start',
> -format='%d.%m.%y',
> -width=150);
>
>Also, just as #value# can get the value of the current column for use in link URLs, I modified the ctype a little to be able to grab values from other columns too.

I've thought of being able to define -template with a tag reference (or compound expression) in addition to just a string. The tag reference or compound expression would then be ->run for each record in the listing.
 That way you can have total flexibility and do exactly whatever you want with the column display for formatting, using values from other fields or whatever, without actually convoluting the ctype with more special options.
I'm not sure how #value# would work in that case though, probably it can't be used in a compound expression to populate the column's field value but instead a explicit reference to the field name would be needed.

Does this sound reasonable?

>I don't know if these types of extensions are desirable for the framework - when does it start to diverge from the 'lightweight' philosophy?

That's a good question. Keeping simplicity and lightweight while maintaining versatility is a balancing act.
--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Re: mt_grid - some tweaks

That's what I ended up doing here:

http://tagswap.net/results_table

It seems like a reasonable way to insert "back door" functionality,
and provides a lot of flexibility without adding too much
overhead/complexity to the core.

- jason

--
Find and Share Free Lasso Custom Tags at tagSwap.net!
Download hundreds of open source Lasso custom tags, and post your own

At 07.20 -0400 2007-03-29, Jason Huck wrote:
>That's what I ended up doing here:
>
>http://tagswap.net/results_table
>
>It seems like a reasonable way to insert "back door" functionality,
>and provides a lot of flexibility without adding too much
>overhead/complexity to the core.

Interesting, maybe I should have a look at that to see if there are more ideas that might fit Knop.

At 21.10 +0100 2007-03-16, Johan Solve wrote:
>I just updated the Knop package slightly. I've added some more instructions in Documentation/README.txt, but other than that there have been no changes. I have been busy with other things this week and next week I'm gone skiing.

Oh no, I just noticed that the package I put on the server on March 16 got slightly wrong name, so there was actually no changes in the file that was linked from the project page. How stupid...