Quantcast

Knob library updated

list
With the excellent help of Steve Piercy there're a slew of updates and fixes now available for the knop for 9 distribution on github.
https://github.com/knop-project/knop/tree/master/knop9

For those of you using Knop for 9 I recommend that you grab the latest and make use of it. It has been tested in our development and production environment.
Some of the changes add new functionality, some will help speed (significantly) and some are bug fixes.

Here's a list of (most) changes per type:

knop_base:
Major code cleanup of minor details.
Removed all semicolons
Changed local('xyz' to local(xyz
Replaced += with -> append
Changed old style if to brackets
Replaced iterate with query expression
Improved speed for method varname. Prev: ca 500 micros to run, now ca 55 micros. Note that varname does not work if the knop object is stored in a local

knop_cache:
Replaced all iterate with query expr. Other minor code changes. Fixed misplaced curly brackets around named signature calls

knop_database:
Changed remaining iterate to query
Making sure that capturesearchvars run on the first resultset when called using select
Bug fix, making sure maxrecords is always an integer even when fed all or 'all'
Replaced all old style if, inline and loop with code blocks
Commented out method varname to be used from knop_base instead
Fixed erroneous handling of addlock and clearlocks
Fixed bug that would allow capturesearchvars to populate lockfield values despite the lock being obsolete

knop_form:
Changed encode_html(#requiredmarker) to #requiredmarker
Changed renderform to use #labelstart##labelend# instead of #label#. This to enable #required# to be part of the <label>text</label> code
Fixes in renderhtml that contained tracking code no longer needed. Also changed replace #label# calls that should have been #required#
Changed remaining isa('xxxx') to isa(::xxxx)
Fixed bug preventing hint on input type text field to work properly
Expanded support for input type text to include 'text', 'url', 'email', 'number', 'tel'
Changing errorclass so that it defaults to "error"
Added support for helpblock and error class marking where requested
Added support for bootstrap markup of checkbox. New param -bootstrap in render_form
Fixed erroneous handling of addlock and clearlocks
Changed all iterate to query expr. Changed all += to append. Set br to br /
Tweaks to make knop_form -> process work

knop_grid:
Fixed bug preventing quicksearch hint and input field to work properly
Changed old style if to Lasso 9 proper. Removed quotes from local declarations. Replaced .'xxx' with 'xxx. Replaced iterate with query expression. Replaced += with append.
Added support for bootstrap quicksearch form
Changed -> type == 'xxx' to -> isa(::xxx)

knop_lang:
Add log_critical for keys that wasn't found and if the -always flag is set
Minor cleanup. Should mean an ever so small speed gain.
Added param always to getstring. Will always return a value. If the key is not found will return the keyvalue itself
Changed all iterate to query expr or loop. Removed all semicolons. Changed all old style if to code blocks.

knop_nav:
Added support for divider list item in bootstrap
Added param raw
Fixes for bootstrap rendering
Minor tweak to getlocation adding knop_trim
Fixed bug that was using type as a reference instead of a copy in method filename
Changed += to append. Changed iterate to query expr. or loop.
Changed local('filename' = null) to local('filename' = string)

knop_user:
Added getpermission(array)
Replaced all old style if, inline and loop with code blocks
Fixed erroneous handling of addlock and clearlocks

knop_utils;
Cleaned up code for knop_crypthash making sure it can take bytes as input for string value and made it look better
Added knop_response_filepath
Enhancing knop_stripbackticks to deal with more than strings
knop_math_hexToDec; changed iterate to loop to speed it up

Re: Knob library updated

Johan Solve-2
Lovely!

At 11.12 +0200 2013-04-16, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
>Added support for divider list item in bootstrap
>Added param raw
>Fixes for bootstrap rendering
>Minor tweak to getlocation adding knop_trim
>Fixed bug that was using type as a reference instead of a copy in method filename
>Changed += to append. Changed iterate to query expr. or loop.
>Changed local('filename' = null) to local('filename' = string)
>
>knop_user:
>Added getpermission(array)
>Replaced all old style if, inline and loop with code blocks
>Fixed erroneous handling of addlock and clearlocks
>
>knop_utils;
>Cleaned up code for knop_crypthash making sure it can take bytes as input for string value and made it look better
>Added knop_response_filepath
>Enhancing knop_stripbackticks to deal with more than strings
>knop_math_hexToDec; changed iterate to loop to speed it up

     Johan Sölve
     Web Developer
     Montania System AB
     http://www.montania.se