Java Chat Client ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Java Chat Client ?

m i l e s-4
Hi,

I have a client that wants "chat" on his site.  Oy.

Im not all that thrilled about doing this but does anyone have a good  
suggestion about
chat clients ?

M i l e s.


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java Chat Client ?

Jono-2
what about doing ajax chat?

it's quite easy.... :)

On 03/03/2006, at 11:44 AM, m i l e s wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client that wants "chat" on his site.  Oy.
>
> Im not all that thrilled about doing this but does anyone have a  
> good suggestion about
> chat clients ?
>
> M i l e s.
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription: http://www.listsearch.com/ 
> lassotalk.lasso?manage


Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------




------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java Chat Client ?

Rick Draper
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Hi Miles,

We have used the server version of ParaChat http://www.parachat.com/ ...
it is fairly easy to deploy and works very reliably.


Very best regards,
 
 
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
Behalf Of m i l e s
Sent: Friday, 3 March 2006 8:45 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Java Chat Client ?

Hi,

I have a client that wants "chat" on his site.  Oy.

Im not all that thrilled about doing this but does anyone have a good
suggestion about chat clients ?

M i l e s.


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/ Search the list archives:
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage



------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java Chat Client ?

Viaduct Productions
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Make sure he's clear on what chat means.  I find they usually mean a
'forum' instead of a chat as we know it.

Cheers

m i l e s wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client that wants "chat" on his site.  Oy.
>
> Im not all that thrilled about doing this but does anyone have a good
> suggestion about
> chat clients ?
>
> M i l e s.
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:
> http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
>


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java Chat Client ?

m i l e s-4
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Rich,

He's clear and so am I.

Chat means chat, not forum.

M i l e s.


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java Chat Client ?

Marc Pope-3
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
This is really cool service...
http://www.userplane.com/

Marc



On 3/2/06 6:27 PM, "m i l e s" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rich,
>
> He's clear and so am I.
>
> Chat means chat, not forum.
>
> M i l e s.
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:
> http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage




------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java Chat Client ?

Brett Harvey
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
userplane is great!  but not the cheapest last I checked.  I've used
it with one client.

With most clients I use http://www.parachat.com/  that Rick
mentioned.  It's relatively cheap for the features it offers and easy
to install.  I compared many with an actor and actress client I have
before choosing it.

Brett

>This is really cool service...
>http://www.userplane.com/
>
>Marc
>
>
>
>On 3/2/06 6:27 PM, "m i l e s" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  Rich,
>>
>>  He's clear and so am I.
>>
>>  Chat means chat, not forum.
>>
>>  M i l e s.
>>
>>
>>  ------------------------------
>>  Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
>>  Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
>>  Manage your list subscription:
>>  http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------
>Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
>Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
>Manage your list subscription:
>http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage



------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java Chat Client ?

Jono-2
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
http://struts.sourceforge.net/ajaxchat/
http://swik.net/ajaxchat

or, my adaptation of a proof-of-concept from waaaay back...

http://chat.xserve.co.nz/



On 03/03/2006, at 11:44 AM, m i l e s wrote:

> I have a client that wants "chat" on his site.  Oy.
>
> Im not all that thrilled about doing this but does anyone have a  
> good suggestion about
> chat clients ?


Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------




------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java Chat Client ?

Hans de Wit
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Do you mean chat between (1) two seperate parties OR (2) chat between a
Customer and the Website's Customer Service department.

If it is #2 then the service I use is ProvideSupport.com its inexpensive
and is able to be dynamically written into the Lasso pages. Use this for
our multiple branch and customer relations.

If it is #1, I can't help you.

Hans


m i l e s wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client that wants "chat" on his site.  Oy.
>
> Im not all that thrilled about doing this but does anyone have a good  
> suggestion about
> chat clients ?
>
> M i l e s.
>
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:  
> http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
>



------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage