Interstitial graphics with LJAX

Mr. Bret Williams
To avoid user panic when doing a longer search process using LJAX,
I'd like to display a "Loading" graphic until the results return. I'm
just not sure how to implement that.

Anyone have some experience doing such a thing?

Bret Williams
Novusweb

www.Novusweb.com

760.942.3773 voice
866.668.8793 toll-free

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or disseminate
this information.  Please contact the sender by reply immediately and
destroy all copies of the original message including all
attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Re: Interstitial graphics with LJAX

Viaduct Productions

On Jun 26, 2007, at 5:19 PM, Mr. Bret Williams wrote:

> To avoid user panic when doing a longer search process using LJAX,
> I'd like to display a "Loading" graphic until the results return.
> I'm just not sure how to implement that.
>
> Anyone have some experience doing such a thing?

Just a thought, from an AJAX point of view:

You could have the first call replace it with an animated gif or
something similar.  Then, the original JS call could target the same
div, and have that second call fill it in.  I've not done this, but
having two ajax.updater calls in one original onClick might do the
trick.  I would preload the animated gif too.

Let us know how it goes.

Rich in Toronto

Mr. Bret Williams wrote on 6/26/2007 2:19 PM:
> To avoid user panic when doing a longer search process using LJAX, I'd
> like to display a "Loading" graphic until the results return. I'm just
> not sure how to implement that.
>
> Anyone have some experience doing such a thing?

If you use jQuery, then you should look at BlockUI:

        <http://malsup.com/jquery/block/>

Be sure to try the demos in the different tabs...