[Include_URL] saga: can Lasso act as browser?

[Include_URL] saga: can Lasso act as browser?

JAN VAN DAELE
My apologies if this question already came up elsewhere or if it is a stupid question.

Is there a  way to have Lasso (of domain A) behave as a mini browser (client) so that when calling a remote server (domain B) it can receive from that server the necessary cookies for it to accept all subsequent requests from .Lasso files (of domain A) ?

Thanks • Jan

Re: [Include_URL] saga: can Lasso act as browser?

jasonhuck
Absolutely. Bil demonstrated the method used in a previous answer to
one of your posts:

http://www.listsearch.com/Lasso/Message/index.lasso?238147

The trick is to store the returned headers using the
-retrievemimeheaders param of the [include_url] tag, find all the
cookies, and include them in subsequent calls with -sendmimeheaders.

Of course, if the system you're communicating with hops around a lot,
you may also have to inspect the response for redirects (in the header
or in the body of the response) and follow them as well.

- jason

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 10:23 AM, JAN VAN DAELE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My apologies if this question already came up elsewhere or if it is a stupid question.
>
>  Is there a  way to have Lasso (of domain A) behave as a mini browser (client) so that when calling a remote server (domain B) it can receive from that server the necessary cookies for it to accept all subsequent requests from .Lasso files (of domain A) ?
>
>  Thanks • Jan
>
>  Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
>
>  --
>  This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

tagSwap.net :: Open Source Lasso Code
<http://tagSwap.net/>

Re: [Include_URL] saga: can Lasso act as browser?

dguardiola

Le 5 mai 08 à 16:23, JAN VAN DAELE a écrit :
> My apologies if this question already came up elsewhere or if it is
> a stupid question.
>
> Is there a  way to have Lasso (of domain A) behave as a mini
> browser (client) so that when calling a remote server (domain B) it
> can receive from that server the necessary cookies for it to accept
> all subsequent requests from .Lasso files (of domain A) ?

yes, involving some tricks to handle cookies and things like that
look in http://tagswap.net for the google analytics tag,
and carefully read the code to understand jason's way to do this

In the tag called "laposte" I used this technique but choosed a map
data type to be able to search in the false cookie file.

Writing search results to a file

kimonostereo
Hi folks,

I'm sure this is simple but I can't seem to figure out how to write
search results to a file.

Can someone please show or point out how to do this?

thanks!

Re: Writing search results to a file

Douglas Burchard
On Jun 26, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Scott Yoshinaga wrote:

> I'm sure this is simple but I can't seem to figure out how to write
> search results to a file.
>
> Can someone please show or point out how to do this?

The simplest way would be to use the [Log]...[/Log] container. The
file tags have more capabilities, but if you don't need them, then the
Log tag is a lot easier to use (not that the File tags are hard).

        <http://reference.lassosoft.com/Reference.LassoApp?[Log]>

--
Douglas Burchard, President
DouglasBurchard.com, Web Applications

direct: (206) 227-8161
[hidden email]
http://www.douglasburchard.com/

Re: Writing search results to a file

On Friday, June 26, 2009, [hidden email] (Scott Yoshinaga) pronounced:

>I'm sure this is simple but I can't seem to figure out how to write
>search results to a file.
>
>Can someone please show or point out how to do this?

Instead of outputting results to HTML, output the results to a variable:

    var('myfile' = string);

    inline(stuff);
        records;
            $myfile += field('foo') + '\t' + field('bar') + '\r';
        /records;
    /inline;

Then you can either serve the file to the user, or save the file to disk.  See file_serve for its syntax, or my guide for working with the file tags:

http://reference.lassosoft.com/Reference.LassoApp?[File_Serve]
http://www.stevepiercy.com/lasso_stuff/file_perms.lasso