Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

m i l e s-4
Hi,

Has anyone seen the dreaded IMAGE tags error but you've got X11
installed ?

Running 10.4.5, never seen this one before....restarted Lasso,
haven't changed anything on this machine regarding X11 or Lasso, and
all of a sudden it just stopped working.

 > IMAGE: The image tags have not loaded.  This is usually due to X11
NOT being installed.

Well Ive got X11 installed, and just to make sure, that it is, I
grabbed the X11 installer package and tried to install, and the OS
came back to tell me that a newer version is already there.  So that
would seem to indicate to me, that X11 is installed.  And if that's
so, what the h*ll is going on ?

M i l e s.

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Brian Loomis
miles I ran into this and had a rough time.

the x11 installer is for 10.3.x

It seems OS 10.4.x comes with it installed.  I had to do a reinstall
and select the option in the install to do it again.

Don't know if something broke with that or what it was.

brian loomis

On Mar 28, 2006, at 2:58 PM, m i l e s wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone seen the dreaded IMAGE tags error but you've got X11
> installed ?
>
> Running 10.4.5, never seen this one before....restarted Lasso,
> haven't changed anything on this machine regarding X11 or Lasso,
> and all of a sudden it just stopped working.
>
> > IMAGE: The image tags have not loaded.  This is usually due to
> X11 NOT being installed.
>
> Well Ive got X11 installed, and just to make sure, that it is, I
> grabbed the X11 installer package and tried to install, and the OS
> came back to tell me that a newer version is already there.  So
> that would seem to indicate to me, that X11 is installed.  And if
> that's so, what the h*ll is going on ?
>
> M i l e s.

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Brian Loomis
maybe the pre install has different packages instead of what's on the
disk?

I do know there is a thrid party selling some x11 installer for OS X .
4 because of this.

On Mar 28, 2006, at 3:04 PM, Brian (Earthlink) wrote:

> miles I ran into this and had a rough time.
>
> the x11 installer is for 10.3.x
>
> It seems OS 10.4.x comes with it installed.  I had to do a
> reinstall and select the option in the install to do it again.
>
> Don't know if something broke with that or what it was.
>
> brian loomis
>
> On Mar 28, 2006, at 2:58 PM, m i l e s wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone seen the dreaded IMAGE tags error but you've got X11
>> installed ?
>>
>> Running 10.4.5, never seen this one before....restarted Lasso,
>> haven't changed anything on this machine regarding X11 or Lasso,
>> and all of a sudden it just stopped working.
>>
>> > IMAGE: The image tags have not loaded.  This is usually due to
>> X11 NOT being installed.
>>
>> Well Ive got X11 installed, and just to make sure, that it is, I
>> grabbed the X11 installer package and tried to install, and the OS
>> came back to tell me that a newer version is already there.  So
>> that would seem to indicate to me, that X11 is installed.  And if
>> that's so, what the h*ll is going on ?
>>
>> M i l e s.

>> lassotalk.lasso?manage

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

m i l e s-4

Does anyone have an extracted version of X11 for Tiger ?

Ive extracted it using pacifist...and changed the resulting folder to
a .pkg, but that doesn't seem to work...there's no installer here.
So does that mean I have to install this stuff by hand ?

Anyone ????

M i l e s.

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Steffan A. Cline
There is a stand alone installer for X11 on OS X on the Panther CDs. I think
its on disk 3.

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
[hidden email]                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
The Executive's Choice in Lasso driven Internet Applications
                                  Lasso Partner Alliance Member

> From: m i l e s <[hidden email]>
> Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:32:26 -0800
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Image Tag Error ?  X11 installed.
>
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have an extracted version of X11 for Tiger ?
>
> Ive extracted it using pacifist...and changed the resulting folder to
> a .pkg, but that doesn't seem to work...there's no installer here.
> So does that mean I have to install this stuff by hand ?
>
> Anyone ????
>
> M i l e s.

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

m i l e s-4
Steffan,

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger....

Im on Tiger...not Panther.

The standalone will not work for Tiger.

M i l e s.

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Jono-2

Does that help?

On 29/03/2006, at 2:52 PM, m i l e s wrote:

> Steffan,
>
> Tiger, Tiger, Tiger....
>
> Im on Tiger...not Panther.
>
> The standalone will not work for Tiger.
>
> M i l e s.

Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

m i l e s-4
Steffan, JG, Brian....

Ok...Im not stupid guys....I know you know this....

The issue is that I need to install this REMOTELY!  If this were off
my powerbook, this would be easy.

Its not.  I need to do this remotely, with no install DVD.  Extract
the X11 package and then run that installer.

Any ideas ?????

M i l e s.

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Marc Pinnell-3
Miles,

I haven't been following this thread, but took a peak because it
wasn't going away. Sorry if this was mentioned before, but does this
help?

http://www.chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/xtal/x11.html

Look in the right hand column, three is an X11 10.4 installer.

Marc

On Mar 28, 2006, at 7:07 PM, m i l e s wrote:

> Steffan, JG, Brian....
>
> Ok...Im not stupid guys....I know you know this....
>
> The issue is that I need to install this REMOTELY!  If this were
> off my powerbook, this would be easy.
>
> Its not.  I need to do this remotely, with no install DVD.  Extract
> the X11 package and then run that installer.
>
> Any ideas ?????
>
> M i l e s.

Marc Pinnell
1027 Consulting
web << DESIGN >> print
PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
www.1027Consulting.com

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Jono-2
grab the "Optional Installs.mpkg" package and transfer the whole
package to the target machine...

On 29/03/2006, at 3:07 PM, m i l e s wrote:

> Its not.  I need to do this remotely, with no install DVD.  Extract
> the X11 package and then run that installer.

Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

m i l e s-4
JG.

What a wonderful idea.  I wish I had thought of that (smile).

Hmmmm, the "optional installs" package ?  You can't just 'grab it'.
Its only 900k and that's just a tad small.

I'll look into Marc's previous suggestion....

M i l e s.

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Adam Randall-4
If you can't find it, it's on the Tiger CD as well.

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
Senior Web Architect

Hobbes: "How come we play war and not peace?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

On Mar 28, 2006, at 10:30 PM, m i l e s wrote:

> JG.
>
> What a wonderful idea.  I wish I had thought of that (smile).
>
> Hmmmm, the "optional installs" package ?  You can't just 'grab
> it'.  Its only 900k and that's just a tad small.
>
> I'll look into Marc's previous suggestion....
>
> M i l e s.

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Brian Loomis
sweet I'm downloading this now and keeping it on hand.

BTW if anyone has a tip on installing timbuktu and setting it up from
the command line, post that here.

On Mar 28, 2006, at 8:18 PM, Lasso List wrote:

> Miles,
>
> I haven't been following this thread, but took a peak because it
> wasn't going away. Sorry if this was mentioned before, but does
> this help?
>
> http://www.chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/xtal/x11.html
>
> Look in the right hand column, three is an X11 10.4 installer.
>
> Marc
>

> On Mar 28, 2006, at 7:07 PM, m i l e s wrote:
>
>> Steffan, JG, Brian....
>>
>> Ok...Im not stupid guys....I know you know this....
>>
>> The issue is that I need to install this REMOTELY!  If this were
>> off my powerbook, this would be easy.
>>
>> Its not.  I need to do this remotely, with no install DVD.
>> Extract the X11 package and then run that installer.
>>
>> Any ideas ?????
>>
>> M i l e s.

>> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>
> --
> Marc Pinnell
> 1027 Consulting
> web << DESIGN >> print
> PO Box 990872; Redding, CA 96099-0872
> www.1027Consulting.com

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Fletcher Sandbeck
On 3/29/06 at 7:43 AM by [hidden email] (Brian (Earthlink)):

>BTW if anyone has a tip on installing timbuktu and setting it up from
>the command line, post that here.

They have instructions on their site for remotely installing Timbuktu on a headless Xserve.

<http://www.netopia.com/support/technotes/software/tb2mac/TPM_077.html>

Director of Product Development       http://www.lassostudio.com
OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com

Re: Image Tag Error ? X11 installed.

Brian Loomis
thanks fletcher I had called them twice last year and got nowhere.