How to get LassoLab working on Windows?

Jolle Carlestam-3
I got my son interested in Lasso 9.
But he insists on running Windows (7).
So I figured that we just install LassoLab and he can start coding and testing all in the same environment.

Failed.

We have Lasso 9 installed, and according to the Service Manager LassoIM runs.
We have LassoLab in place. First problem is that when we try to create a new project it says that no interpreters were found. We tried to trick it by manually adding the Lasso9.exe found in the Lasso Instance manager folder.
It accepted that and the project was created.
But, when we try to run the simplest file it errors out again with a:
Error, unable to find lasso9-core.* file in /LassoLibraries

So, about now my sons interest of exploring Lasso has cooled of.

Anyone with a clue on what to do to get LassoLab running on Windows?

Re: How to get LassoLab working on Windows?

Jonathan Guthrie-3
You need to "search for interpreters" when setting up the project.
Create a new one and do that, but first you might want to undo the change you made manually...

On 2013-09-26, at 4:37 PM, Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got my son interested in Lasso 9.
> But he insists on running Windows (7).
> So I figured that we just install LassoLab and he can start coding and testing all in the same environment.
>
> Failed.
>
> We have Lasso 9 installed, and according to the Service Manager LassoIM runs.
> We have LassoLab in place. First problem is that when we try to create a new project it says that no interpreters were found. We tried to trick it by manually adding the Lasso9.exe found in the Lasso Instance manager folder.
> It accepted that and the project was created.
> But, when we try to run the simplest file it errors out again with a:
> Error, unable to find lasso9-core.* file in /LassoLibraries
>
> So, about now my sons interest of exploring Lasso has cooled of.
>
> Anyone with a clue on what to do to get LassoLab running on Windows?
>
> HDB
> Jolle

Jono

----------------------------
Jonathan Guthrie
[hidden email]
@iamjono
LassoSoft Inc.
AIM Chatroom: lassochat
IRC/freenode #lasso

Re: How to get LassoLab working on Windows?

Jolle Carlestam-3
Actually we have tried to search for interpreters. It was first after that failed, several times including new installs of both Lasso 9 and LassoLab, that we went the manual route.

He was watching your video for instructions but did not get the same result.

26 sep 2013 kl. 22:40 skrev Jonathan Guthrie <[hidden email]>
:

> You need to "search for interpreters" when setting up the project.
> Create a new one and do that, but first you might want to undo the change you made manually...
>

> On 2013-09-26, at 4:37 PM, Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I got my son interested in Lasso 9.
>> But he insists on running Windows (7).
>> So I figured that we just install LassoLab and he can start coding and testing all in the same environment.
>>
>> Failed.
>>
>> We have Lasso 9 installed, and according to the Service Manager LassoIM runs.
>> We have LassoLab in place. First problem is that when we try to create a new project it says that no interpreters were found. We tried to trick it by manually adding the Lasso9.exe found in the Lasso Instance manager folder.
>> It accepted that and the project was created.
>> But, when we try to run the simplest file it errors out again with a:
>> Error, unable to find lasso9-core.* file in /LassoLibraries
>>
>> So, about now my sons interest of exploring Lasso has cooled of.
>>
>> Anyone with a clue on what to do to get LassoLab running on Windows?
>>
>> HDB
>> Jolle
>>

> Jono
>
> ----------------------------
> Jonathan Guthrie
> [hidden email]
> @iamjono
> LassoSoft Inc.
> AIM Chatroom: lassochat
> IRC/freenode #lasso

Re: How to get LassoLab working on Windows?

Jonathan Guthrie-3
OK, I'll try to reproduce...

On 2013-09-26, at 4:45 PM, Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually we have tried to search for interpreters. It was first after that failed, several times including new installs of both Lasso 9 and LassoLab, that we went the manual route.
>
> He was watching your video for instructions but did not get the same result.
>
> HDB
> Jolle
>
> 26 sep 2013 kl. 22:40 skrev Jonathan Guthrie <[hidden email]>
> :
>
>> You need to "search for interpreters" when setting up the project.
>> Create a new one and do that, but first you might want to undo the change you made manually...
>>

>> On 2013-09-26, at 4:37 PM, Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I got my son interested in Lasso 9.
>>> But he insists on running Windows (7).
>>> So I figured that we just install LassoLab and he can start coding and testing all in the same environment.
>>>
>>> Failed.
>>>
>>> We have Lasso 9 installed, and according to the Service Manager LassoIM runs.
>>> We have LassoLab in place. First problem is that when we try to create a new project it says that no interpreters were found. We tried to trick it by manually adding the Lasso9.exe found in the Lasso Instance manager folder.
>>> It accepted that and the project was created.
>>> But, when we try to run the simplest file it errors out again with a:
>>> Error, unable to find lasso9-core.* file in /LassoLibraries
>>>
>>> So, about now my sons interest of exploring Lasso has cooled of.
>>>
>>> Anyone with a clue on what to do to get LassoLab running on Windows?
>>>
>>> HDB
>>> Jolle
>>>

>> Jono

Jono