Help with Filemaker Connector errors...

William Buckingham
Everyone,

I've been struggling with a repeating error for the last six months in a
particular Filemaker database hosted by Filemaker Unlimited 6.0v4 for
Windows on a Windows 2000 system. The Web Companion is the latest one
available from Filemaker for FM 6 for Windows.

I have recreated the problem database from scratch several times to no
avail. The action that causes Filemaker to crash and burn is a simple call
to a Lasso format file that searches for a unique record ID and displays a
form. Ironically we have much more complex post operations happening within
other databases on the same system constantly, but they never crash
Filemaker.

The errors appearing in Lasso's error log are:

FILEMAKER_CONNECTOR error 9 after select()2/timeout os msg Bad file
descriptor
FILEMAKER_CONNECTOR error 54 after recv()1 os msg Connection reset by peer

I'm running Lasso Professional 7.1.3 on a Mac G5 with WebSTAR 5.4.

I've trawled the archives extensively, and there were a few mentions of
these error codes, but there don't seem to have ever been any responses as
to what causes the problems. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd be deeply
grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

William Buckingham
XChange International

e-mail: [hidden email]
Internet: http://www.xchangeuk.com

xtensions  plug-ins  pdf  images  workflow  training

Re: Help with Filemaker Connector errors...

Anatoli
FWIW

I've just tested new system with FM 5.5 and latest WC
and
FM5 WC 5.0v6
both on W2K

The system with FM5.5 was crashing every hour.
With FM5 WC 5.0v6 the system is running 3rd day.
In past FM5 was running 6-12 months on NT4 server
before reboot.

We didn't changed single bit in Lasso code.

HTH

Anatoli