Help setting up SSL

Mike Ealy-2
I need to install SSL on one of my older servers running Mac 10.2.8, Apache
1.3.9 and Lasso 6. I've never set up SSL before. Could someone point me to a
quick-start guide or at least point me in the right direction so I can get
it running?

As always, I really appreciate the help.

Mike

Re: Help setting up SSL

Doug Gentry
This has helped me the couple of times I've had to install a
certificate:

http://developer.apple.com/internet/serverside/modssl.html

...Doug

On May 2, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Mike Ealy wrote:

> I need to install SSL on one of my older servers running Mac 10.2.8,
> Apache
> 1.3.9 and Lasso 6. I've never set up SSL before. Could someone point
> me to a
> quick-start guide or at least point me in the right direction so I
> can get
> it running?
>
> As always, I really appreciate the help.
>
> Mike

---
Doug Gentry
Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 866-890-6013
[hidden email]
www.dynapolis.com - blog: www.plain-sense.com

Re: Help setting up SSL

stevepiercy
I have never been able to get SSL to work by following the Apple documentation.  IMO, this page by Marc Liyanage has been most helpful and much simpler:

<http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/docs/mod_ssl.html>

--steve

On Friday, May 2, 2008, [hidden email] (Doug Gentry) pronounced:

>This has helped me the couple of times I've had to install a
>certificate:
>
>http://developer.apple.com/internet/serverside/modssl.html
>
>....Doug
>

>On May 2, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Mike Ealy wrote:
>
>> I need to install SSL on one of my older servers running Mac 10.2.8,
>> Apache
>> 1.3.9 and Lasso 6. I've never set up SSL before. Could someone point
>> me to a
>> quick-start guide or at least point me in the right direction so I
>> can get
>> it running?
>>
>> As always, I really appreciate the help.
>>
>> Mike
>>

>---
>Doug Gentry
>Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
>p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 866-890-6013
>[hidden email]
>www.dynapolis.com - blog: www.plain-sense.com

Re: Help setting up SSL

Viaduct Productions
Also know that self-signed certs can throw some errors, so it's worth
the $20 for a GoThtevie cert, or even get a full valid cert for
free...yes, I said FREE... from startcom.org.

One little thingy though...cert providers, from what I've been told,
are recognized by browsers, and Safari is "on the way" of recognizing
these guys.  That is what they told me.  So it will ask you if it's
ok to trust.

They have an AIM chat help line:  help [at] startcom.org

I'm certain she's fine.

On May 2, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> I have never been able to get SSL to work by following the Apple
> documentation.  IMO, this page by Marc Liyanage has been most
> helpful and much simpler:
>
> <http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/docs/mod_ssl.html>

Cheers

Rich in Toronto

Re: Help setting up SSL

Marc Pope
GoDaddy has cheap SSL too and recognized by all browsers.

Marc

On May 2, 2008, at 11:56 PM, Viaduct Productions wrote:

> Also know that self-signed certs can throw some errors, so it's
> worth the $20 for a GoThtevie cert, or even get a full valid cert
> for free...yes, I said FREE... from startcom.org.
>
> One little thingy though...cert providers, from what I've been told,
> are recognized by browsers, and Safari is "on the way" of
> recognizing these guys.  That is what they told me.  So it will ask
> you if it's ok to trust.
>
> They have an AIM chat help line:  help [at] startcom.org
>
> I'm certain she's fine.
>
> On May 2, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>
>> I have never been able to get SSL to work by following the Apple
>> documentation.  IMO, this page by Marc Liyanage has been most
>> helpful and much simpler:
>>
>> <http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/docs/mod_ssl.html>
>

> Cheers
>
> Rich in Toronto

Re: Help setting up SSL

Pascal Geuns
On May 2, 2008, at 10:18 PM, Mike Ealy wrote:

> I need to install SSL on one of my older servers running Mac 10.2.8,
> Apache
> 1.3.9 and Lasso 6. I've never set up SSL before. Could someone point
> me to a
> quick-start guide or at least point me in the right direction so I
> can get
> it running?

Hi Mike,

Try to have a look at our instructions for 10.2 Server:
http://www.qualityssl.com/en/support/ssl-certificate-csr-generation/apple-mac-osx-server-10-2.lasso

In case you have any further questions, please feel welcome to contact
me off list.

Kind Regards
Pascal Geuns
QualitySSL, the only Lasso driven SSL provider ;-)