Graphical admin client for Lasso MySQL

Jonas Rosling
Does anybody know if it does exist any graphical administration
client for the internal Lasso MySQL database, beside the WEB-interface?

// Jonas

Re: Graphical admin client for Lasso MySQL

James Harvard
For Lasso 5 & 6 you could use any GUI MySQL client - you just connect to LassoMySQL as if it was a normal MySQL installation (the only difference is that it has a different port number from the MySQL default, but I'm sure it's in the docs).

With Lasso 7 there is no way to access LassoMySQL, except from Lasso itself.*

HTH,
James Harvard

* = You could stop Lasso, move the database file from LassoMySQL's data directory to that of a 'normal' MySQL installation, then start that copy of MySQL and use a GUI client of your choice. But it's awkward, you have to think about OS file permissions etc and you might corrupt a db if you forget to stop MySQL before moving the db files from its data directory.