Google Checkout callback

Mike Ealy-2
I'm working on a small site for a friend that sells one online service. To
pay for this service he wants his customers to use something like Paypal or
Google Checkout.

I read over Fletcher's Tip of the Week on Google Checkout and signed up for
a sandbox account. Everything seems to be working fine except there doesn't
seem to be an easy way for Google to pass notification back to my site upon
a completed transaction.

Google does allow me to specify a callback URL, but the server needs to be
"running 128-bit SSLv3 or TLS," which I'm not.

I need to hear back from Google so I can continue processing the order or
provide an error message of some sort. I have another customer using
Authorize.net and the system works great. Authorize.net is overkill for this
customer and I thought Google offered a workable solution.

Am I missing something?

Mike Ealy
Clearwater, FL

Re: Google Checkout callback

Marc Pope
PayPal doesn't require you to have SSL to do the callback because they first
"call" you and then you call them back to get the details.

If you need a cheap SSL, you can get one from GoDaddy for like $20/year

Marc