Form e-mail through Lasso via Kerio

Jonas Rosling-6
Hi all!
I've been trying to solve a problem with web forms that sends e-mail.
The client has recently changed mail server from OS X Server to Kerio.
I keep getting Warning 0, SMTP Failed to connect to host.
I've check the mail setup in Lasso and it looks good. They use SSL,
port 993. Could that be the problem?

Thanks in advance // Jonas

Re: Form e-mail through Lasso via Kerio

stephane-15
Hello,

With Kerio, you have to authentificate

smtps port is 465

993 is the imaps port (to get mail)

Stephane

  _____

Re: Form e-mail through Lasso via Kerio

Jonas Rosling-6
I do authenificate and now the port is set to 465 but I keep getting
the same error.

Any more ideas?

// Jonas

6 okt 2009 kl. 16.21 skrev [hidden email]:

> Hello,
>
> With Kerio, you have to authentificate
>
> smtps port is 465
>
> 993 is the imaps port (to get mail)
>
> Stephane
>

>  _____

You can try to add the IP address of your lasso server in "friend servers"
list of Kerio.
You should try sending through SMTP (port 25) in order to know if it is a
problem of certificate.
You can also configurate Kerio mail server allowing free relaying, just the
time to check if mails can be sent.
You can also check "security" log of Kerio in order to check what is
happening. There is also a debug mode, in order to trace all messages
between the two servers.

Stephane

>I do authenificate and now the port is set to 465 but I keep getting  the
>same error.
>
> Any more ideas?
>
> // Jonas
>
> 6 okt 2009 kl. 16.21 skrev [hidden email]:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> With Kerio, you have to authentificate
>>
>> smtps port is 465
>>
>> 993 is the imaps port (to get mail)
>>
>> Stephane
>>

>>  _____

CoMedia
Jonas Rosling-6 wrote
I do authenificate and now the port is set to 465 but I keep getting
the same error.

Any more ideas?

// Jonas
You could add the IP address of the mailserver in a whitelist and use that in the relay settings (Configuration / SMTP server / Relay Control).

-- Alfred

Re: Form e-mail through Lasso via Kerio

Eric Browning-3
I found that to send through Kerio that I had to configure lasso with
the IP address as well as the SMTP auth name and password.  If I used
my domain name for the mail server it would not work.  Yes DNS is
setup and configured correctly and I have done forward and reverse
lookups from the lasso server, it's either something with Lasso or
Kerio when using the domain name.  Also check and make sure that the
lasso setting near the bottom called "Send # messages per connection"
is not more than what your Kerio mail server is set to allow in it's
SMTP service setting.
--
Eric Browning