Forcing LassoAdmin to HTTPS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Forcing LassoAdmin to HTTPS

Bil Corry-3
During my talk at the LDC09 conference yesterday, I promised to post the Apache directive I use to ensure LassoAdmin loads via SSL:

        # admin LassoApps must run as HTTPS
        <LocationMatch "(?i)^.*/(ServerAdmin|SiteAdmin|DatabaseBrowser|GroupAdmin|LassoStudio).*\.LassoApp$">
            RewriteEngine On
            RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
            RewriteRule (.*) <a href="https://%">https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}
        </LocationMatch>

Note that the original idea came from Chris Wik (thanks Chris!).


- Bil


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forcing LassoAdmin to HTTPS

Nikolaj de Fine Licht
I now get access forbidden to ServerAdmin.LassoApp on this server...

/nikolaj


On 03/10/2009, at 11.57, Bil Corry wrote:

> During my talk at the LDC09 conference yesterday, I promised to post  
> the Apache directive I use to ensure LassoAdmin loads via SSL:
>
> # admin LassoApps must run as HTTPS
> <LocationMatch "(?i)^.*/(ServerAdmin|SiteAdmin|DatabaseBrowser|
> GroupAdmin|LassoStudio).*\.LassoApp$">
>    RewriteEngine On
>    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
>    RewriteRule (.*) <a href="https://%">https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}
> </LocationMatch>
>
> Note that the original idea came from Chris Wik (thanks Chris!).

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forcing LassoAdmin to HTTPS

stevepiercy
In reply to this post by Bil Corry-3
Add one more for Reference.LassoApp.

--steve


On 10/3/09 at 4:57 AM, [hidden email] (Bil Corry) pronounced:

>During my talk at the LDC09 conference yesterday, I promised to
>post the Apache directive I use to ensure LassoAdmin loads via SSL:
>
># admin LassoApps must run as HTTPS
><LocationMatch "(?i)^.*/(ServerAdmin|SiteAdmin|DatabaseBrowser|GroupAdmin|LassoStudio).*\.LassoApp$
>">
>RewriteEngine On
>RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
>RewriteRule (.*) <a href="https://%">https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}
></LocationMatch>
>
>Note that the original idea came from Chris Wik (thanks Chris!).
>
>
>- Bil
>
>
>--
>This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
>Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
>Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder              
Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forcing LassoAdmin to HTTPS

CoMedia
In reply to this post by Nikolaj de Fine Licht
Nikolaj de Fine Licht wrote
I now get access forbidden to ServerAdmin.LassoApp on this server...

/nikolaj
Same here. I guess I'll have to add a SSL certificate to the server first?

-- Alfred
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forcing LassoAdmin to HTTPS

Nikolaj de Fine Licht
In reply to this post by Bil Corry-3
I do have a certificat though...

/nikolaj

On 04/10/2009, at 12.41, CoMedia wrote:

> Nikolaj de Fine Licht wrote:
>> I now get access forbidden to ServerAdmin.LassoApp on this server...
>>
>> /nikolaj
> Same here. I guess I'll have to add a SSL certificate to the server  
> first?

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/