FileMaker Server v11 upgrade experience

Waters, Thomas C
I just wanted to post about my experience of upgrading the FileMaker Server v11 with Lasso.

We use FileMaker with the web using both Lasso (8.6) and also some IWP. all servers are Mac OS X, and currently at 10.5.8 or 10.6.3. FileMaker Server is set up with a 2 box config, and Lasso is on or Webserver. For reasons I don't understand, yesterday, the WPE just seemed to stop working. While FileMaker clients could still access databases, nothing handled by the WPE was working. No IWP and no Lasso. Attempts to open the FileMaker Server Admin Console failed, so I had no way to get in and try and stop or restart the WPE. After trying a many things with no success, I decided to just go for it, and I uninstalled FMS v10 from both the FMS master box and the slave box. Then I uploaded FMS 11 to both the master and slave boxes. In a matter of a few minutes, everything was running exactly like it should. The Lasso FileMaker SA connector config didn't need to be touched at all. It just worked.

FileMaker clients seem to be really zippy now, far faster than before. I think both Lasso and IWP seem faster, but they didn't seem slow to begin with, so a speed increase may be a false perception.

--
Thomas Waters
Director of New Media

Re: FileMaker Server v11 upgrade experience

stevepiercy
http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/fms/fms11_getting_started_en.pdf

Chapter 5
Upgrading or moving an existing installation

5. Uninstall FileMaker Server.
6. Install FileMaker Server 11.

--steve

On 6/10/10 at 3:55 PM, [hidden email] (Waters, Thomas C) pronounced: