FileMaker 11 compatibility?

John May-2
Is there any news on FileMaker 11 compatibility with Lasso 8 or 9?

        - John

John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
Point In Space Internet Solutions             [hidden email]

        Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
           on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers

Re: FileMaker 11 compatibility?

Brian Loomis-3
I have not heard about it.  I have worked with it some and this may be subjective but it is faster.  The parts I have noticed were gui items, select lists speed over a WAN, etc.

On Mar 15, 2010, at 2:13 PM, John May wrote:

> Is there any news on FileMaker 11 compatibility with Lasso 8 or 9?
>
> - John

> John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
> Point In Space Internet Solutions             [hidden email]
>
>       Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
>          on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers

Brian Loomis
http://www.virtualrelations.us
(208) 639-2569 - 208 NEW BLOX
-- email checked daily --

Re: FileMaker 11 compatibility?

Waters, Thomas C
I haven't touched Server or SA yet, but the client (just as a FMP client) seems much much faster to me.

On Mar 15, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Brian Loomis wrote:

> I have not heard about it.  I have worked with it some and this may be subjective but it is faster.  The parts I have noticed were gui items, select lists speed over a WAN, etc.
>
> On Mar 15, 2010, at 2:13 PM, John May wrote:
>
>> Is there any news on FileMaker 11 compatibility with Lasso 8 or 9?
>>
>> - John

>> John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
>> Point In Space Internet Solutions             [hidden email]
>>
>>      Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
>>         on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers

> Brian Loomis
> http://www.virtualrelations.us
> (208) 639-2569 - 208 NEW BLOX
> -- email checked daily --

Re: FileMaker 11 compatibility?

John May-2
It doesn't look much different, and supposedly FX.php works fine with
it, so I'm guessing Lasso should be fine too.  It'd just be nice to have
an official statement from Lassosoft.

        - John

On 3/15/10 4:19 PM, Brian Loomis wrote:
> I have not heard about it.  I have worked with it some and this may
> be subjective but it is faster.  The parts I have noticed were gui
> items, select lists speed over a WAN, etc.
>
> On Mar 15, 2010, at 2:13 PM, John May wrote:
>
>> Is there any news on FileMaker 11 compatibility with Lasso 8 or 9?
>>
>> - John

John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
Point In Space Internet Solutions             [hidden email]

        Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
           on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers

Re: FileMaker 11 compatibility?

maxwellk2
I've been reading that FileMaker 11 for Mac is now 'finally a purely Cocoa-based application', mainly here:

        http://db.tidbits.com/article/11090

Since FMI doesn't specifically tout performance improvements or provide much in the way of benchmarks (for reasons we don't really need to get into) has anyone done the upgrade and seen any measurable improvements with Lasso? That is assuming of course that Server was rewritten in Cocoa as well.

Thanks,
Max