: Failed to hand socket to child.

lizquigg
Recently I have had to restart my Lasso Server about three times in a
week.  I looked at the server error logs and this is the error I see.

: Failed to hand socket to child. errno: 232 strerror: "The pipe is
being closed." site id: 1 site pid: 400

In the site errors, I see two types of errors, but I am not sure these
correlate with the one above that seems to be the show stopper because
I get a lot more of these.

FILEMAKER_SA_CONNECTOR error 2 after recv()1 os msg No such
file or directory Level: Critical
Select

FILEMAKER_SA_CONNECTOR error 13 after recv()1 os msg
Permission denied Level: Critical

I am using an all Windows system.  Lasso on a Windows Machine and
Filemaker Server 9 on another Windows machine.  Lasso had been running
very smoothly without any need to restart it for a long time.  Has
anyone encountered the error 232 problem?

Liz

________________________
Liz Quigg • Fermilab MS 226
Box 500  • Batavia • IL • 60510
[hidden email] • 630 840-2631

Re: : Failed to hand socket to child.

Bil Corry-3
Liz Quigg wrote on 9/3/2009 10:27 AM:
> Recently I have had to restart my Lasso Server about three times in a
> week.  I looked at the server error logs and this is the error I see.
>
> : Failed to hand socket to child. errno: 232 strerror: "The pipe is
> being closed." site id: 1 site pid: 400

You'll see that error when you restart Lasso, or Lasso crashes, etc.  So that error only indicates that Lasso was stopped, not what caused it to stop.

Re: : Failed to hand socket to child.

lizquigg
Thanks, Bil.  Do you have any suggestions on how I might find the
cause for it crashing?

________________________
Liz Quigg • Fermilab MS 226
Box 500  • Batavia • IL • 60510
[hidden email] • 630 840-2631

Re: : Failed to hand socket to child.

Israel Thompson
Such a lovely error message! "Don't try this at home" comes to mind
when reading it!

Israel

Liz Quigg wrote on 9/3/2009 11:05 AM:
> Thanks, Bil.  Do you have any suggestions on how I might find the cause
> for it crashing?

It could be so many things, a search engine bot hitting your site too hard, a corrupted database, memory-intensive operation consuming all resources, etc.

You could use define_atbegin to log all http requests and see which requests are being made before the site goes down, that way you might be able to narrow it to a problem page.  Or remove parts of the site until the problem disappears, then you know which part is the problem -- this doesn't work so well on a production system though...