FMSA - Database Not Available

Doug Gentry
[..sorry in advance if this is a duplicate... I didn't see Emiliano's
message come through...]

I'm working with Emiliano - who just joined the list - to help him
with a Filemaker Server Advanced (version 8.5) and Lasso (8.5, too I
think) solution.

Setup:

One server runs FMSA, Lasso, and Apache.

FMSA hosts something like 19 databases - only a few of which are used
on the web.

Our target database shows on the list of databases from within Lasso
Site Admin:

Datasources >> Connections >> Hosts >> Databases

In the list of databases, our database shows a status of Not
Available. When we try to change its status to Enabled in the right
hand pane, the response back is that the database change was completed
successfully, but the little pull down menu reverts to Not Available,
and the status in the left pane remains there, even after a refresh.

On the database side we confirmed that under Accounts and Privileges
there is a lasso account with full access, and under Extended
Privileges we see a fmxml line with Full Access. We confirmed and
reset the password on the database, to match that used in Lasso Site
Admin.

Several other of the databases on this same host are Enabled, so I
take that to mean that the FMSA Connection and the access to this
particular host are OK.  And in fact this database used to work for
these folks.

I took a look around the Quick Start Guide for FMSA that Emiliano has
on his server, from the Lasso installation, and am out of ideas.

Can someone suggest other places to look, or perhaps a sequence of
opening/closing databases, opening and closing a database on FMSA, and
Lasso Site Admin?  Or magic fairy dust?

Thanks.

...Doug

---
Doug Gentry
Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 866-890-6013
[hidden email]
www.dynapolis.com - blog: www.plain-sense.com

Re: FMSA - Database Not Available

dguardiola

> In the list of databases, our database shows a status of Not
> Available. When we try to change its status to Enabled in the right
> hand pane, the response back is that the database change was
> completed successfully, but the little pull down menu reverts to Not
> Available, and the status in the left pane remains there, even after
> a refresh.

you don't talk about enabling Tables : when i don't enable any table,
the db continue to be listed as not assigned

Re: FMSA - Database Not Available

Martha White
Hi Doug and Emiliano,

We have FMSA and Lasso on separate machines, so there may be some caveat
with an all-in-one setup that I don't know about, but just in case it
helps...
I would:
1. Make sure the file permissions for the file on the FMSA8 server are
correct.
2. Then, if you are on a Mac, make sure you are not using Safari as your
Lasso Admin web browser, as it (at least the older versions) caches
things and hold on to them more than it ought!
3. Close the database in question and then copy it to another machine
with FM8.5 (or 9) client installed.
4. Open it on the client machine using the lasso user/password and make
sure everything looks OK. Once you'ver verified that it is OK, then
put it back on the server.
5. Again, make sure the file permissions for the file on the FMSA8 server
are correct. At least on our OSX server, they are always wrong after an
upload.
6. If that doesn't work, restart the server --- FMSA, Lasso/Apache. That
often fixes mysterious weirdness for us.

HTH,
Ginny

--

Ginny White
Yamada Language Center and American English Institute

Re: FMSA - Database Not Available

Doug Gentry
The solution was Emiliano built a new FMSA connector and all was well.

Thanks for the ideas.

...Doug