FMP 7 Open Remote

John Torres
I am hosting on digital forest. I would like to use the open remote feature
on my end to open my live databases on FMP7 from our FMSA7 server.

I can only see 1 database available to open from several that I have
running. Are there any features I need to turn on before I upload my
databases to use the open remote feature?

Thanks all!

John J. Torres

The Ohio State University
Email: [hidden email]

Re: FMP 7 Open Remote

Erlend Garåsen
John Torres wrote:
> I am hosting on digital forest. I would like to use the open remote feature
> on my end to open my live databases on FMP7 from our FMSA7 server.
>
> I can only see 1 database available to open from several that I have
> running. Are there any features I need to turn on before I upload my
> databases to use the open remote feature?

Yes, you need to enable network sharing (account & privileges -> (select
a user account) -> edit -> edit -> (enable Filemaker network).

Erlend Gar?sen
University of Oslo
P.O. Box 1086 Blindern, N-0317 OSLO, Norway
Ph: (+47) 22840193, Fax: (+47) 22852730