FCK Editor or other

Jonas Rosling-4
Haven't digged alot about this. But I wunder if there's any version
of FCK Editor that works good with Safari? Or if there's any other
WYSIWYG-editor around for Lasso?

Thanks // Jonas

Re: FCK Editor or other

Jono-2
The issue is that Safari lacks the JS / DOM hooks to be able to
effectively do this.
I simply steer all my clients to FF on the Mac to do WYSIWYG editing,
and IMHO FCK and Jason Huck's Lasso glue for it is the best of breed
*currently*.

On 05/10/2006, at 9:01 PM, Jonas Rosling wrote:

> Haven't digged alot about this. But I wunder if there's any version
> of FCK Editor that works good with Safari? Or if there's any other
> WYSIWYG-editor around for Lasso?

Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz
     DDI +64 4 978 7388   |   Mob +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------

Re: FCK Editor or other

jasonhuck
Here is the list I always post when someone asks that question:

http://www.geniisoft.com/showcase.nsf/WebEditors

It's the most comprehensive list I've found so far. As you can see,
there are a lot of inline HTML editors out there, and some do have
Safari support. Very few have a feature set that even comes close to
matching FCKEditor's, but then again, if all you need to do is add
some basic formatting controls (bold, italic, links, etc.), then
FCKEditor is overkill anyway. In particular, if you don't need file
upload and management capabilities, then there's no real need for
server-side integration. For basic use, a popular choice is TinyMCE.

HTH,
Jason

--
Find and Share Free Lasso Custom Tags at tagSwap.net!
Download hundreds of open source Lasso custom tags, and post your own

Re: FCK Editor or other

Gary Clark-2
If you want a 'Simple' WYSIWYG editor that works on Safari, then I use
Editize.

They have a Javascript API that I have got to work with Lasso with no
real problems!

Cheers

Gary
----
low-res ltd. 38 Beauclerk Green, Winchfield, Hook, Hants RG27 8BF

email: [hidden email]  web:www.low-res.net
telephone: 01252 843 903  mobile: 0794 118 4531
Skype and iChat services are available by request

The information in this e-mail and any attachment(s) is confidential
and is intended to be read only by those persons to whom it is
addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message and any
attachments from your computer. Unless you are the intended
recipient(s) or his/her/their authorised representative you are not
authorised to, and must not, read, reproduce, copy, distribute, use,
amend, disseminate, disclose and/or publish this message or any part of
it without the written permission of low-res ltd.
On 5 Oct 2006, at 09:01, Jonas Rosling wrote:

> Haven't digged alot about this. But I wunder if there's any version of
> FCK Editor that works good with Safari? Or if there's any other
> WYSIWYG-editor around for Lasso?
>
> Thanks // Jonas

Re: FCK Editor or other

Steffan A. Cline
No url to post?

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
[hidden email]                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
                                  Lasso Partner Alliance Member

> From: Gary Clark <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:49:04 +0100
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: FCK Editor or other
>
> If you want a 'Simple' WYSIWYG editor that works on Safari, then I use
> Editize.
>
> They have a Javascript API that I have got to work with Lasso with no
> real problems!
>
> Cheers
>
> Gary
> ----
> low-res ltd. 38 Beauclerk Green, Winchfield, Hook, Hants RG27 8BF
>
> email: [hidden email]  web:www.low-res.net
> telephone: 01252 843 903  mobile: 0794 118 4531
> Skype and iChat services are available by request
>
> The information in this e-mail and any attachment(s) is confidential
> and is intended to be read only by those persons to whom it is
> addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
> sender immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message and any
> attachments from your computer. Unless you are the intended
> recipient(s) or his/her/their authorised representative you are not
> authorised to, and must not, read, reproduce, copy, distribute, use,
> amend, disseminate, disclose and/or publish this message or any part of
> it without the written permission of low-res ltd.
> On 5 Oct 2006, at 09:01, Jonas Rosling wrote:
>
>> Haven't digged alot about this. But I wunder if there's any version of
>> FCK Editor that works good with Safari? Or if there's any other
>> WYSIWYG-editor around for Lasso?
>>
>> Thanks // Jonas

Re: FCK Editor or other

Gary Clark-2
http://www.editize.com/

Sorry, a bit lazy of me!

Gary
----

On 5 Oct 2006, at 14:53, Steffan A. Cline wrote:

> No url to post?
>

> Thanks
>
> Steffan

> T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
> Steffan A. Cline
> [hidden email]                             Phoenix, Az
> http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
> AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
>                                   Lasso Partner Alliance Member
>

>> From: Gary Clark <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:49:04 +0100
>> To: <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: FCK Editor or other
>>
>> If you want a 'Simple' WYSIWYG editor that works on Safari, then I use
>> Editize.
>>
>> They have a Javascript API that I have got to work with Lasso with no
>> real problems!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Gary
>> ----
>> low-res ltd. 38 Beauclerk Green, Winchfield, Hook, Hants RG27 8BF
>>
>> email: [hidden email]  web:www.low-res.net
>> telephone: 01252 843 903  mobile: 0794 118 4531
>> Skype and iChat services are available by request
>>
>> The information in this e-mail and any attachment(s) is confidential
>> and is intended to be read only by those persons to whom it is
>> addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
>> sender immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message and any
>> attachments from your computer. Unless you are the intended
>> recipient(s) or his/her/their authorised representative you are not
>> authorised to, and must not, read, reproduce, copy, distribute, use,
>> amend, disseminate, disclose and/or publish this message or any part
>> of
>> it without the written permission of low-res ltd.
>> On 5 Oct 2006, at 09:01, Jonas Rosling wrote:
>>
>>> Haven't digged alot about this. But I wunder if there's any version
>>> of
>>> FCK Editor that works good with Safari? Or if there's any other
>>> WYSIWYG-editor around for Lasso?
>>>
>>> Thanks // Jonas

Re: FCK Editor or other

Eric Browning-3
I still prefer TinyMCE over FCK, it works pretty well in Safari and it's
really easy to implement.  You can set it to take over all text fields
or just big text areas and if you have gzip compression enabled as an
Apache module it will load very fast.
--
Eric Browning

Jonas Rosling wrote:

> Haven't digged alot about this. But I wunder if there's any version of
> FCK Editor that works good with Safari? Or if there's any other
> WYSIWYG-editor around for Lasso?
>
> Thanks // Jonas

Re: FCK Editor or other

Gary Clark-2
Was it a pain to get it working with Lasso?
----

On 5 Oct 2006, at 15:17, Eric Browning wrote:

> TinyMCE

Re: FCK Editor or other

Eric Browning-3
ok so here's how I have it, an no it was virtually no pain other than
downloading tinymce and putting the script below into my update page.
One note, I haven't put much effort into the image upload part of
tinymce, I just place the images where they are supposed to go in the
image-bin.  Here's one gottcha, you have to be careful on how you handle
linking images in relation to your directory structure of your editing
directory vs public website directory, you might want to make all links
http://www.site.com/image-bin/image.jpg instead of /image-bin/image.jpg
if you want to see them in tinymce.

1) the html page is stored in a text field
2) lasso deposits the code into an html text area box
3) tinyMCE is setup to only assume control of text areas and leaves the
title, category and sub category fields alone
4) when updating the field controlled by tiny mce still only contains
the html code and that's what gets sent back to the server

here's my tiny mce config script that is placed at the top of the page:
[noprocess]
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
    tinyMCE.init({
        mode : "textareas",
        theme : "advanced",
        plugins :
"table,advhr,advimage,advlink,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,fullpage",
        theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect",
        theme_advanced_buttons2_add :
"separator,insertdate,inserttime,preview,separator,forecolor,backcolor",
        theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before:
"cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator",
        theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : "tablecontrols,separator",
        theme_advanced_buttons3_add :
"emotions,iespell,flash,advhr,separator,print,separator,ltr,rtl,separator,fullscreen,fullpage",
        theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
        theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
        theme_advanced_path_location : "bottom",
        content_css : "example_full.css",
        plugin_insertdate_dateFormat : "%Y-%m-%d",
        plugin_insertdate_timeFormat : "%H:%M:%S",
        extended_valid_elements :
"hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]",
        external_link_list_url : "example_link_list.js",
        external_image_list_url : "example_image_list.js",
        theme_advanced_resize_horizontal : false,
        theme_advanced_resizing : true,
        apply_source_formatting : true
    });
</script>
[/noprocess]

Gary Clark wrote:
> Was it a pain to get it working with Lasso?
> ----
> low-res ltd. 38 Beauclerk Green, Winchfield, Hook, Hants RG27 8BF

Re: FCK Editor or other

Grubic, James
We use TinyMCE with some superfluous buttons removed via toolbar
customization. Once you figure out how it works, it's pretty easy to
manipulate. It integrates with Lasso very easily...I just had to throw
in some [noprocess] commands at the beginning of the Javascript
declarations.

One of the best things about TinyMCE is that you can define which text
areas should have the new toolbar, and all other areas will be unaffected.

I was shocked at how long Editize took to load. I also noticed that both
Editize and Jupload didn't want to work on my trusted Mozilla, but
worked on Safari. I need something far simpler than these two
solutions...it needs to load immediately and perform the job it needs to
do without taking over the user's computer.

James

Re: FCK Editor or other

Mikael Sundström
On this note,

Omnipilotpeople: we would sooooooo like an integrated solution to
this problem in Lasso itself. I myself would IMMEDIATELY buy a new
lasso version including this functionality.I use Editize (good but
excruciatingly slow to load), and would, conversely, drop it like a
stone the minute OP made lasso to do this deed for me.

If I say please? In a REALLY meek tone?

/Mike

5 okt 2006 kl. 19.47 skrev James Grubic:

> We use TinyMCE with some superfluous buttons removed via toolbar
> customization. Once you figure out how it works, it's pretty easy
> to manipulate. It integrates with Lasso very easily...I just had to
> throw in some [noprocess] commands at the beginning of the
> Javascript declarations.
>
> One of the best things about TinyMCE is that you can define which
> text areas should have the new toolbar, and all other areas will be
> unaffected.
>
> I was shocked at how long Editize took to load. I also noticed that
> both Editize and Jupload didn't want to work on my trusted Mozilla,
> but worked on Safari. I need something far simpler than these two
> solutions...it needs to load immediately and perform the job it
> needs to do without taking over the user's computer.
>

> James

Mikael Sundström
Ph D | Senior Lecturer
Department of Political Science
Lund University
Lund
Sweden

tel. +46 46 2224993 | +46 705 811703
fax. +46 46 2224006
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: FCK Editor or other

decorior
Hi, All:

We have written our own AJAX based editor we call inLineEdit. It
works a little differently than most of the editors because it flows
with the stylesheet as opposed to creating a textbox area (except in
Firefox).

Our philosophy was a little different than the editors in that we did
not want the user to change fonts, etc. since this is controlled by
the style-sheet.

If someone (one person) wants to try it out we would be happy to give
it a shot, and then package it for the masses. Our customers seem to
like it, but it may not have enough bells and whistles for most people.

Deco

P.S. it has not been designed for distribution, so patience would be
necessary!